PDA

View Full Version : Brambles 2012 Day Hunt for Salmon

Brambles
05-05-2012, 10:37 AM
As some of you might have read, I was heading down to the Lower Mainland. Put out the offer to hook up with some HBCers while I was there. I met a bunch of great guys. Its real nice to meet people in person after knowing them online for years, reading their posts and such.

pnbrock was gracious enough to invite me fishing. First trip for his boat this year so Im sure he had a lot of work to get ready. It had been 22 years since I had been salmon fishing so he recommended the motion sickness patch, which I purhased and put on the night before. From what people were telling me and the online research I did before the trip we were a little early in the season but salmon from 5-18lbs were a possibility.

I woke up at 3:45am to meet him at his place by 5am.

The water was pretty calm, a little chop but nothing big, it was cloudy and raining for most the day but the forcast said it was gonna clear in the afternoon. We trolled for the morning and most of the afternoon in search of the right colors and depth that was gonna work.

At 2:30 the sun started to peek through and clouds started to leave.

The stars all went into alignment and pnbrock nailed the depth and color combination. The next hour and a half were pure action.

In the end we had boated 3 keepers a 7lb, 11lb and 19lb.

Couldnt have asked for a better trip with a nicer guy, plus the patch worked and I didnt puke:mrgreen:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/Brambles77/P1040765.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/Brambles77/IMG_0852.jpg

MB_Boy
05-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Nice!!! The local fishing is pretty good now for this time of year.

pmj
05-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Nice fish Brambels. I am glad you came down to see us coasters and we were able to chat. Next time I will have a drink waiting with your name on it.
Thanks pnbrock for showing the legend a goood time.

MB_Boy
05-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Any bears out there? :wink: :mrgreen:

Brambles
05-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Any bears out there? :wink: :mrgreen:

No! we made sure to stay off their Migratory paths. But rest assured, if I had seen one, I would have layed a pistol whippin on it.:mrgreen:

MB_Boy
05-05-2012, 11:18 AM
no! We made sure to stay off their migratory paths. But rest assured, if i had seen one, i would have layed a pistol whippin on it.:mrgreen:

:) :) :-d

r106
05-05-2012, 11:43 AM
sweet. It ain't all bad down here

05-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Good to see and hear of Your Success, PNBROCK is a good guy. How'd ya like the Grady ?? you got spoiled !

CT

05-05-2012, 02:07 PM
There is no shakin' a stick at 7-19lb for early season fish!
nice work. It is cool how good things can come together from here with people you dont know. Sawmill has offered a great spot for my wife and i to fly fish on our way through. That is the good thing. PNBROCK Gettin you on the water, and however many other guys have helped out.

Bro fist yo!

pnbrock
05-05-2012, 03:22 PM
I was the lucky one to meet a stand up guy. There's a rod holder anytime for you brambles.

Brambles
05-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Definitly one of those days that ill always remember, Went in with zero expectation and came out meeting a great couple guys (Phil too) and a fantastic catch, can't ask for anything more!

Keep in touch

Gateholio
05-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Good to hear you got to go fishing! Almost makes a LML trip bearable! :)

MOUNTAIN MAN - TOYOTA/ATV
05-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Those were nice sized salmons. Looks like you had a great day fishing with friends.

rcar
05-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Nice early season Spring Brambles WTG! That is a nice fish for this time of year. A BBQ dream...little soy....mustard...cooked 'til just translucent in the middle........Oh yeah.

Just a suggestion.....if you are able to make it here in the fall give the sturgeon fishery in the Fraser a go. I am lucky enough to drop the boat in whenever I want but when I step back, I appreciate how amazing it really is. Usually 8-10 fish a day from August on. Most guides will do a combo salmon/sturgeron day and it is amazing to feel the power of a freshwater fish that is over 200lbs. Think a 30lb salmon ripping 50yds of line is exciting... try a 200lb sturgeon ripping 300yds in a go and battling you for 40 mins or more....plus no way to get seasick on still water....great for the wife/kids to join you.

BlacktailStalker
05-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Nice catch !

Steeleco
05-06-2012, 10:41 PM
That Pat guy can be nice some days hey Brambles LOL Looks like you guys had a good haul. Glad your little trip to the coast went off as good as it did. Was fun meeting you and the little Brambles!

pnbrock
05-07-2012, 06:08 AM
Ouch steelco that left a mark. Btw when did u become sensitive??

Steeleco
05-07-2012, 08:18 AM
Ouch steelco that left a mark. Btw when did u become sensitive??

Dude that was a compliment, now who's being sensitive :wink::wink::wink::wink:

bighornbob
05-07-2012, 08:39 AM
Definitly one of those days that ill always remember, Went in with zero expectation and came out meeting a great couple guys (Phil too) and a fantastic catch, can't ask for anything more!

Keep in touch

So are you now going to sell one of your 5 pound rifles and try and make a custom 1 pound salmon rod and reel combo?:):):)

BHB

Johnnybear
05-08-2012, 09:41 AM
So are you now going to sell one of your 5 pound rifles and try and make a custom 1 pound salmon rod and reel combo?:):):)

BHB

I like your thinking!

Congrats on the fishing trip Brambles. Don't wait another 22 years to get back out there lol. Nice fish guy's. Sounded like a great trip and the best part is making new friends.

Cheers,
John

bruin
05-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Great fish!

SHAKER
05-08-2012, 08:01 PM
We should have got someone to watch the kids and went Bass fishing when you came threw...... Lost a 6-7 on the jump the other day. Nice Spring though buddy!

Rattler
05-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Nice work Jeff! Those look like some good eats...

pmj
05-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Hey Rattler,
Be sure to give us a shout when you are in town. You are also on the Legend list.