PDA

View Full Version : 70 mile and Watch Lake

Philcott
05-04-2012, 07:26 AM
The wife and I are heading up to Watch lake on the long weekend to relax with a friend at their cabin and I was wondering if anyone had some favourite flies they like to use up there. I'll bring my flies and give what I have a try but thought if there were any good ones you like you might share your knowledge.

I also thought I might like to take a drive or two in the back woods to look for bears and such. I won't be hunting just looking to see if I can spot and photo a colour phase bear. I've never seen a colour phase bear with living on the Island. Ours are all black.

If anyone is going to be in the area maybe we can grab a beer.

Thanks in advance.

Phil

The Dawg
05-04-2012, 09:36 AM
http://www.hireastar.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/419228761517lifestyles-of-the-rich-and-famous.jpg
Get what Im trying to say?

:)

Philcott
05-04-2012, 09:46 AM
Get what Im trying to say?

:)

You're either telling me your ghay or you're left handed. I'm not sure which. :?

That or try a leech pattern in flamboyant colours.

REMINGTON JIM
05-04-2012, 10:49 AM
You're either telling me your ghay or you're left handed. I'm not sure which. :?

That or try a leech pattern in flamboyant colours.

LMAO ! So which is it NoahDawg :confused:

Buck TraX
05-04-2012, 10:56 AM
fished watch lake lots,not alot of bug activity this early in the season,but if your going to troll around a fly try halfback nymphs,leeches,if nothing happening throw on a flatfish in all silver on a full sinking line and work the strech infront of ace high resort

Philcott
05-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Thanks buck T. I'll bring a flat fish for backup.

05-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Never fished Watch but,,, my favorite go to Rainbow fly is a #8 Olive green Whooly Bugger, bead head with Sparkely chenell and some crystal flast...

Salty
05-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Stop in at the sports place in Lone Bute, budddy's got a good selection of flies and advice. I was only there once and it was about now and too early saw some big cruisers, but it was a bit slow. Still boated about a 3 lber and a few smaller. It sounds like 835 has been to that sports shop, or at least has the same views as the owner for one of the best flies. ;-)

trevstar33
05-04-2012, 12:43 PM
I have fly-fished Watch Lake many times and this is what has worked for me, Olive green Damsel nymphs, Green 52 Buicks, Olive green Micro Leech, and if it warm's up you can try a Adams or a Tom Thumb ( with a green belly ) late in the evening. Good Luck.

Philcott
05-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Thanks to you all that have given me some leads on flies to try. Is anyone else going to be up there on the long weekend?

Remmington Jim, you up for a visitor one morning? Want to head out and do some scouting?

REMINGTON JIM
05-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Philcott - i have sent you a PM - cheers RJ :-D

shoot um
05-05-2012, 06:53 AM
Try the power lines around 83 mile for colour phase bears

Philcott
05-15-2012, 12:30 PM
Heading up in a couple of days. Can't hardly wait. It's been years since I've been in the area in the springtime.

I've been convincing myself that I should bring the rifle and look for a bear but still don't know if I'll do it. Can't hurt though.

Anyone get good pepperoni done near there? What about a place to get the hide tanned?

Jim, enjoy the wedding and thanks for the tips.