PDA

View Full Version : 7-39 bear hunt, wanna go?

swampthing
05-03-2012, 10:48 AM
I am heading in may 25 or 26th for about a week on a grizz draw. I am usually a soloist but am thinking I wouldnt mind some company on this hunt. I am driving and paying the fuel costs. I plan on setting up a camp out of the pick up but a couple nights out of the backpack will probably happen. I figure anyone wanting to go would bring a black bear tag.

Hunter22
05-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Hey sounds like a great hunt. A question i've often wondered....what does one do with Grizz meat. Seriously, is it etable?

Second question for you, have you ever hunted the 7-17 area for bears or moose? I am wanting to get some information on the area like terrain, accessability, animal health / population, hunter numbers? Can you help?

The Dawg
05-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Really? He's asking for a grizz partner, and you ask if he can help you in another region, for different animals ???

http://docpepperclassic.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/are-you-serious-bro-22.jpg

Rackmastr
05-03-2012, 11:54 AM
LOL....

Wish I could join ya on that trip. Its some awesome country up there and I'd love to go hunt it. I've got a Black bear hunt planned back in Alberta (still not a resident here till August) but cant wait to head north for a bear hunt one day!

Good luck up there! Cant wait to see pics!

swampthing
05-03-2012, 03:32 PM
I have only had grizz meat once. It was the same as Black bear meat. I am not a big fan of bear meat and I end up mixing it in with deer, elk, moose or whatever I have into sausage. If a bear falls this year I will make some jerky too.

emerson
05-03-2012, 09:06 PM
I will be heading in for the Fri-Sat of May long with a buddy, but I have to head over to 7-23 on the Sunday for my BIL's draw. Too bad a shared trip doesn't fit the schedule.

JIL_24/7
05-03-2012, 09:18 PM
You are asking the wrong question. OF COURSE I WANT TO GO! Problem is I CAN'T go. Would love to take the new BLR out, but there's just no way I could take that kind of time right now. Hope you have a great time and have to figure out what to do with all that meat.

chinookkiller
05-03-2012, 09:23 PM
7-39 not have much road to access,you need lots of hiking,solo not a good chioce。。。。。

emerson
05-04-2012, 04:26 AM
He's been in there before.

swampthing
05-04-2012, 06:34 AM
This is my 3rd trip in and I am getting to know the area. I have a plan of assault in place. I rarely hunt with other people so solo is how most of my hunt/camping has been over the years. I do like to share a camp. Bear hunting is my most laid back hunting. A partner would be ok but the trip has been planned solo. I have also recently been told that I am an "introvert" . I guess that means I should meet more people.

swampthing
05-04-2012, 07:13 PM
We will pass you on the road emerson. Have fun.

nap
05-04-2012, 08:40 PM
This is my 3rd trip in and I am getting to know the area. I have a plan of assault in place. I rarely hunt with other people so solo is how most of my hunt/camping has been over the years. I do like to share a camp. Bear hunting is my most laid back hunting. A partner would be ok but the trip has been planned solo. I have also recently been told that I am an "introvert" . I guess that means I should meet more people.
Hell, ya did fine last weekend, was a great trip up the salmon.

emerson
05-05-2012, 04:29 AM
We will pass you on the road emerson. Have fun.

Every day hunting is better than any day working. Good luck.