PDA

View Full Version : Day Packs

Sideofabarn
05-03-2012, 09:21 AM
I am looking at getting a new day pack. I don't have any longer outings in mind for the next while. It will be used for day trips for fishing, hunting, and general walkabouts. I had an Eberlestock pack (discontinued "Barta Stalker") and loved the features, and I like the look and apparent features that come with the X2 day pack. Seems everyone now wants to pimp the Badlands gear. So for those out there who have or had either Eberlestock or Badlands day packs, if you were going to buy another one, which would you choose, and why?
Thanks,
Toby

REMINGTON JIM
05-03-2012, 09:38 AM
I am in need of a new day pack also -so any info on them would be much appreciated also ! cheers RJ :-D

Bisonfirst
05-03-2012, 10:01 AM
I have a badlands 2200. It works well and has nice features, other than the zipper tabs breaking like everyone else reports. If you have the dough I would get a crew cab MR. I have a 6500 NICE an it fits extremely well! Very good quality.

Salmon Belly
05-03-2012, 10:38 AM
I just bought a pack - did quite a bit of research, and for what I was after the Badlands 2200 was my choice. Camofire had a deal a few weeks back, and I called them and they still have a few for $157 US + shipping. Looking forward to getting mine this week and heading out for spring bear / scouting trip at end of month.

Mole
05-08-2012, 07:17 PM
I have a Badlands Ultraday, works great but is a little squeeky in the cold (-5 and under). If you arn't picky on camo I would look at what is available in earth tones from osprey, arcteryx, dakine etc. I would guess that they have put more effort into the fit and features and use better textiles. My colleagues and I in search and rescue put our bags through some solid wear and tear and those brands seem to hold up. All in all I am happy with my Badlands bag as well. Hope it helps.

Cheers,