PDA

View Full Version : North Pacific Seaplanes--Anyone ever use them.

bigfisher18
05-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Hi there,

I been a member for some time now, but haven't really posted till now. Wondering if anyone out there has any input on North Pacific Seaplanes. We looking at doing a fly in Moose Hunt in the Dease lake area and just trying to decide on a pilot/company.

Looking at going with north pacific seaplanes.

Has anyone ever flown with them and are they reliable and a good outfit to go with.

Much appreciated in advance

cheers

dean

Stone Sheep Steve
05-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Highly recommend them!...and Tatogga Lk Lodge for a great meal before and after your hunt. great place to refresh before your long drive home.

SSS

bigfisher18
05-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Sweet!!!! thanks SSS and DD

cheers

dean

Confused
05-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Don't think they are flying out of tattoga this year. I beleive they will be flying out of Dease lake only.

BiG Boar
05-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Went with them last year. They flew real good like.

25tikka
05-02-2012, 04:46 PM
North Pacific Seaplanes will be running out of the tatogga area and Dease lake this year. Business as usual just off a different dock.

Cordillera
05-02-2012, 09:12 PM
I understand Alpine Lakes Air will have a 206 on floats based at Tatogga this year. Can confirm by calling their base in Smithers.

North Pacific is good; their operation in Rupert is first class. I did have one pilot in tatogga that was a fill-in and he was used to hauling passengers up the coast with briefcases; he was a little shocked to see the gear we had on the dock, and we had to leave behind a couple lawn chairs and a case of beer to keep him happy!

Te Anau
05-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Considered Tsayta Aviation(Flights North),I've been having coffee with a couple of there pilots over the last week and if ya want pilots with a vary lot of exsperience(locals) in that area and service a lot of out fitters so your're not going to shock them with all ya bits and pieces , I would suggest speaking with them.They have planes in Telegraph, Dease and Smithers.Good bunch.Up to you though,exsperience speaks.

scoutlt1
05-03-2012, 05:28 PM
I understand Alpine Lakes Air will have a 206 on floats based at Tatogga this year. Can confirm by calling their base in Smithers.

North Pacific is good; their operation in Rupert is first class. I did have one pilot in tatogga that was a fill-in and he was used to hauling passengers up the coast with briefcases; he was a little shocked to see the gear we had on the dock, and we had to leave behind a couple lawn chairs and a case of beer to keep him happy!

Jeezes!!!!!.....You left behind beer???? Gawd could you not have left something less important like extra ammo, long underwear, or food??? ;-)

ryanb
05-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Used north pacific a couple years ago for a caribou hunt. No complaints. Accomadated change in plans with no fuss. Prices are a reasonable ccompared to a couple other northern charters. Most importantly, I haven't heard of them refusing to fly you into certain lakes due to outfitter considerations.

Stone Sheep Steve
05-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Used north pacific a couple years ago for a caribou hunt. No complaints. Accomadated change in plans with no fuss. Prices are a reasonable ccompared to a couple other northern charters. Most importantly, I haven't heard of them refusing to fly you into certain lakes due to outfitter considerations.

Amen to that!

SSS

bigfisher18
05-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Good to know........thanks for all the imput.......will definitely let everyone know how the hunt goes

cheers

dean