PDA

View Full Version : Boat up the swift River

Cordillera
04-29-2012, 10:01 PM
Hi; does anyone know how far up the swift river it is navigible with a jet boat above Teslin Lake and what the obstacles are? i.e. is there a canyon, or bounders or??? Just thinking about a trip for next year. I might consider lining a canoe up a ways but no info can i find.

Thanks in advance.

trigger
05-01-2012, 08:43 AM
where on the swift roiver are you wanting to go?
there are some very narly spots. not sure that you could run it with a jet boat. also with a canoe shed be tough paddling up stream.
ive flown that country quite a bit. could maybe point ya in a better direction

trigger
05-01-2012, 08:47 AM
having said that and now looking back on your post your talking about above teslin lake.
teslin river is very manageable. almost take a cruise ship down there.

not sure about the short stint between teslin river and swift lake. will have a look for ya.;p

Cordillera
05-02-2012, 09:16 PM
awesome thanks. I am actually thinking about floating down from the highway. We did a short hunt on the upper section and I have a friend with a raft so we could easily get down to Teslin Lake. I'm curious about what kind of obstacles there are; jet boats don't go that far up that I know of and yet there is a good section of the river below the highway that is a complete float.

thanks in advance.

little moose
05-03-2012, 02:30 PM
there is a small falls on that section but i am not sure how far down. there is a portge trail around