PDA

View Full Version : 3 B&C BLACKTAIL SHEDS , 2 of em still alive..

proguide66
04-29-2012, 06:44 PM
( For the blacktail enthusiast's of course)

Check em out. Left is older and 'may' be dead on the wall ( er maybe not , opinions all over the place). The middle one I found in late Nov while bowhunting.I have gone to find the match 2 times now( very much hell to get up there and still lots of snow).
We found a 'cranker' ancient 2 point the first time and today I found another book shed maybe 150 yrds from where I found the middle one in nov.
The two sheds on the right were last yr and maybe 150 yrds from each other wich means TWO B&C blacktails were bache'd up with each other..TWO !!:shock:
They 'kinda' look like a match in the pics but are easily seperate while in hand. The middle horn is a 'basket' style and the right antler is more a 'straight' or 'flared' style.
The middle has heavier main beams at the bottom as well more 'mature' nurl up to the first forks where the right antler has no nurl at all.

Holy crapola cant wait for this deer season !! I decided to make it 'bow kill only' in there last fall and will stick to it!

Left antler in photo has 69" , middle 68.5" , right has 60.25 "8-)
http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/blacktailsheds022.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/blacktailsheds025.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/blacktailsheds031.jpg

Jeff88
04-29-2012, 06:46 PM
wow ...those are some crankers alright ..

proguide66
04-29-2012, 06:49 PM
I like the mass under the top fork on the right antler.

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq155/proguide66/blacktailsheds027.jpg

TheProvider
04-29-2012, 07:01 PM
Beauty finds steve, far right reminds me of one I found end of november, cept its a rightie and only goes 52", I'd like to find the opposite side..... definately haven't been out much tho... keep those B&C sheds and bucks coming.... wonder what that lil junk point on the far right one turned into.... also hanging up the muzzleloader and going bow only... so be it if the buggers have an extra year to grow ;)

TyTy
04-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Wow! nice finds, i'm jelous.

I saw one buck like that last year at work, about Nov. 17 IIRC. Biggest blacktail I've ever seen. Clued me into a new area. I now carry a camera always at work, and will be putting up some trails cams come june.

I really hope u can match up atleast one of those sheds. Finding big sheds sure is motivating eh.

thanks for posting

nomad
04-29-2012, 07:27 PM
just drooled on the keyboard... crap... ok stop starring and go doo something... dear season is wayyy too far away for this!!!

cdnshooter13
04-29-2012, 07:33 PM
Holy hatracks batman! I must get out sheddin soon!! Nice finds can't wait to see pics of you standing over one of those big boys this fall!:)

~T-BONE~
04-29-2012, 08:12 PM
Nice!!!! More fuel for the fire!

MOUNTAIN MAN - TOYOTA/ATV
04-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Really nice shed antlers

lovemywinchester
04-29-2012, 09:43 PM
Awesome sheds PG. I would love to find those. Are you fiding any dink sheds mixed in with those big boys or are they all alone up there? I'm climbing mountains around the Kamloops area looking for big mulie sheds but they are few and far between. I can appreciate the effort you put in to get those ones in the Sea to Sky terrain. Thanks for posting. Off topic but I like the couch in the pic. It makes me home sick for Whistler. Is that Club Intrawest or Delta vintage.

greenhorn
04-29-2012, 10:00 PM
holy crap!

proguide66
04-29-2012, 10:33 PM
Awesome sheds PG. I would love to find those. Are you fiding any dink sheds mixed in with those big boys or are they all alone up there? I'm climbing mountains around the Kamloops area looking for big mulie sheds but they are few and far between. I can appreciate the effort you put in to get those ones in the Sea to Sky terrain. Thanks for posting. Off topic but I like the couch in the pic. It makes me home sick for Whistler. Is that Club Intrawest or Delta vintage.

haha..not sure what vinatge , but vintage fer sure.
We found a small fork about 500 yrds lower in elevation and a monster old fork a couple hundred higher. these two boys are not migrating out as well a small handfull of deer.
They are still there as I found tracks and jumped one of em. I went the highest I have ever been up there todday and found the antler.It absolutely freaks me out how high they are and live all winter.
I know for a fact the majority of the deer migrate around 25 to 30km out of there during the fall.I have a feeling thses guys are living to be soo large soo often up there is because the big predators follow the main herd outta there for the winter.
Makes sense actually.Live more or less solo or with a couple buddies away from the 'herd' and you will more than likely not get prey'd upon much if any at all.
I have hunted there for maybe 5 years off and on and still can count on both hands how many deer I have seen in there with my eyes.Last year the bow kill was my first kill up there.
I have a feeling they are living up there year round so I'm not going back in there.I bumped that deer today and he ran right over that shed.And he ran like he knew who I was...so thats it.I wont go back until mid Nov as I already know the thermal directions , the rut areas and my approach to get in there.You can disrupt a buck like that from very very little pressure. Its not worth it to go stirring it up any more. If one leaves I'll bet he takes his buddy with him then its 'over' just like that.

spear
04-29-2012, 11:26 PM
if they do leave, point them in the direction of the ferry terminal, we could use some genetics like that on the Island :)

kennyj
04-30-2012, 05:41 AM
Wow!! What else can I say.
kenny

pitbell
04-30-2012, 12:57 PM
Giants!!!!!