PDA

View Full Version : Increase of Kootenay Regional Deer Bag Limit from 2 to 3

s0ylentgreen
04-27-2012, 10:41 AM
maybe this has been posted - but i noticed its marked as decided now

http://a100.gov.bc.ca/pub/ahte/hunting/increase-kootenay-regional-deer-bag-limit-2-3

new Regulations as i see it:
Deer: The aggregate bag limit in the Kootenay Region is three. The bag limit for mule (black-tailed) deer is one. The bag limit for white-tailed deer is two, only one of which may be a buck, and two may be antlerless.

-----

Increase of Kootenay Regional Deer Bag Limit from 2 to 3 Submitted on October 6th 2011

Proposal Number:

Decided

Region (MU):
Region 4 - Kootenay

Regulation Type:
General Open Season
Limited Entry Hunting

Species:
Mule (Black-tailed) Deer, White-tailed Deer

Closing Date:
Nov 18, 2011

Subject:
This proposal was amended. The bag limit for antlerless White-tailed dder was increased from 1 to 2. The amended proposal was approved, is effective on July 1, 2012, and will be noted in the 2012-2014 Hunting and Trapping Synopsis.

Current Regulations:
Deer: The aggregate bag limit in the Kootenay Region is two. The bag limit for mule (black-tailed) deer is one. The bag limit for white-tailed is two, only one of which may be a buck, and one of which may be antlerless.

Proposed Regulations:
Deer: The aggregate bag limit in the Kootenay Region is three. The bag limit for mule (black-tailed) deer is one. The bag limit for white-tailed deer is two, only one of which may be a buck, and two may be antlerless.

Rationale:
1. Increase hunter opportunity 2. Increase harvest on white-tailed does, to balance sex ratios and limit population growth With a 2 deer aggregate bag limit, hunters likely select bucks (mule deer and white-tailed deer) over white-tailed does. The white-tailed doe population is increasing and continuing to expand, and hence an increase in doe harvest under the GOS can be sustained. The 3 deer limit may encourage a higher white-tailed deer doe harvest. Reverting to an antlerless white-tailed deer bag limit of 2 (which was in place prior to 2010 in the region) would also encourage doe hunting and may relieve some hunting pressure on bucks.

sawmill
04-27-2012, 10:53 AM
EXCELLENT!
The mulies can live as far as I`m concerned but being able to take 2 nice fat does for the freezer makes me happy.Gives the whitie bucks a break too because there are a lot of guys like me who don`t need the antlers.

bridger
04-27-2012, 11:37 AM
as the fat man said"that's what it is all about fast eddy"

jtred
04-27-2012, 07:28 PM
I like this change, I'll take two does over a buck any day. As far as mule deer go I stop even looking at them once it gets close to the rut, so as long as the any buck in October exists I'll be able to take a nice young one then.

Islandeer
04-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Husky will be pleased ... he loves to plug does.

upcomer
04-27-2012, 08:00 PM
So what's the deal... Are the new regs out already? Do they release the changes first then the regs or what?

bearass
04-27-2012, 08:52 PM
The bag limit for white-tailed is two, only one of which may be a buck, and one of which may be antlerless.

Moose Guide
04-27-2012, 09:10 PM
The bag limit for white-tailed is two, only one of which may be a buck, and one of which may be antlerless.

The new reg says both may be antlerless, I was hoping they would also allow 2 wt bucks like it used to be. Oh well, 1 whitetail for me I guess!

finngun
04-27-2012, 09:13 PM
really good news....region 4 not far where i live...:-D:-D