PDA

View Full Version : Public access to waterways

horshur
04-26-2012, 08:49 AM
How do you get this info......from what I understand WAC Bennet set into law and put aside public access points along waterways. This has been illuded to in Kamloops on the south Thompson where these points have been forgotten and basically used by landowners even though they are not actually thiers...even building on these points
I have a situation where on an old map an access is set aside but current landowners have posted it now.....need current information in order to go to the folks who have posted it who may or may not even know it is a public access.. of course the map in question I do not have either. Apparently the province no longer prints theses maps.

Thanks.

bighornbob
04-26-2012, 09:23 AM
Land titles office will have all the information.

BHB

Goliath
04-26-2012, 09:38 AM
Horsehair, you can go to IMAP BC online for the info. It's a public service form the province and free. You'll need to fiddle with the "layers" to get the exact info you need complete with gps points. If you've never used it, the learning curve will likey be a bit confusing but you'll have what you need within short order.
Ive used it for the same purpose you describe. Our neighbor at the cabin has over the years built on the 100 ft "public" access strip between us.
A little knowledge goes a long way.

boxhitch
04-29-2012, 07:14 PM
All those details are available at the local regional district office. Some maps are on their website.
Had an issue here, and the area planner set it straight.