PDA

View Full Version : South West BC bears

lip_ripper00
04-25-2012, 03:02 PM
I have a week off and have a couple of new hunters that want to kill a bear, any suggestions on where to try? looking at the weather and temps the last couple of weeks Pemberton is looking pretty good (thanks Dude). We may go back to Port Alice as we put the run on a couple up their. Any other suggestions I am all ears!!

04-25-2012, 03:17 PM
Yep, Come to the Island. Take the Ferry to Nanaimo. And North of Campbell river.
You can Take the highway to Gold River and go either Tasis way or Woss. Gold river is 1hr ish from Campbell river.

hillclimber
04-25-2012, 03:43 PM
10 mile bay Harrison Lake west. Lots of garbage in the surrounding area last December, probably still there.:mrgreen:

lip_ripper00
04-25-2012, 03:55 PM
10 mile bay Harrison Lake west. Lots of garbage in the surrounding area last December, probably still there.:mrgreen:

Don't you mean 20 mile? want to stay away from garbage bears other wise I would be on Dewdney Trunk Rd Wed. morning before garbage pu.

hillclimber
04-25-2012, 04:05 PM
nope we were at 10 mile.

I would go North of the Fraser up until hope. Best bet would be van isle IMO.

yota
04-25-2012, 09:09 PM
I was up harrison last weekend and 10 mile is no more... they have put in some huge deactivations even my truck and my buddys unimog wouldnt even attempt going down but 20 mile is still open also if you plan on going down hail creek you better have a good 4x4 or you wont make it the easy way is no longer easy but damn does the new camp area down there look good thanks to all the 4x4 clubs.