PDA

View Full Version : Deer cull approved in Cranbrook

s0ylentgreen
04-25-2012, 12:55 PM
check it out

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-74345-3-.htm#74345

Deer cull approved in Cranbrook (http://www.huntingbc.ca/news/BC/74345/Deer-cull-approved-in-Cranbrook)
by The Canadian Press - Story: 74345
Apr 25, 2012 / 8:03 am

A second deer cull has been approved in Cranbrook, B.C.
Councillors in the southeastern B.C. city have given the go-ahead for removal of up to 50 deer after a report showed an increase in habituated mule deer and elk within city limits.
In 2010, 111 deer were counted and a cull of 25 animals was approved, but the latest stats show 121 deer and 11 elk have moved into town.
A date for the second cull has not been set, but $15,000 has been budgeted for the work.
Kimberley, Invermere and Penticton approved similar culls after residents reported they had been chased and pets had been attacked by aggressive deer.
RCMP were called to investigate in Invermere last month after the contractor hired to corral and shoot the deer reported someone was releasing the animals from traps and opponents of the cull had confronted him and followed him in their cars. (CHBZ)

mud-dog27
04-25-2012, 05:09 PM
yea the uneducated bleeding hearts are crying foul on this story on globalTVs facebook page.

Jelvis
04-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Deer are institutionalized lol, once downtown they kinda like it and won't leave.
Like some conz in jail.
Protected and given hand outs.
Jel ( Hah ) I ain't leaving, I want to stay here, No you gotta go back, no way I'm staying. No I'm stayin.
Yes you have to go your time is up. I don't care, my friends are all here. Don't matter your time is done.
No way I'll be back anyways so there.

RENO
04-25-2012, 08:06 PM
Deer are institutionalized lol, once downtown they kinda like it and won't leave.
Like some conz in jail.
Protected and given hand outs.
Jel ( Hah ) I ain't leaving, I want to stay here, No you gotta go back, no way I'm staying. No I'm stayin.
Yes you have to go your time is up. I don't care, my friends are all here. Don't matter your time is done.
No way I'll be back anyways so there.

These people need a ****** hobby Jel next they be building downtown shelters and petting zoo's LOL , WE have bigger thinks to think about in this province and country and this isn't it.

Quote from the teachers "The quote was: "I know up on top you are seeing great sights, but down here on the bottom, we too should have rights." and so hunters!

kootenayhunter270
04-25-2012, 08:10 PM
i live in cranbrook and it is just bs with the deer culls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jelvis
04-25-2012, 08:20 PM
My friend lives in Cranbrerrybrook and when I talk to him from Kamloops by phone he's always saying, oh there's another buck and doe right beside the city street eating bushes. Oh man there's a big buck laying in the park.
This is every time we talk, bucks and doe all over where he lives in town.
Jel .. should be called Muledeerbrook

Poguebilt
04-25-2012, 08:34 PM
as long as the meat goes to the food bank and not another "group" im ok with it!

RENO
04-25-2012, 08:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrLX3tNrswM&feature=related

Jelvis
04-25-2012, 08:42 PM
As long as (No One Pays) for any wild meat, and it is (given away to the poor and needy), I could live with that scenario.
Jelly ( Only) the needy receive the culled venison (free of any monetary involvement).

hunter1947
04-26-2012, 03:50 AM
I agree as long as the meat goes to people that need it I am all for it..

s0ylentgreen
04-26-2012, 08:36 AM
im in vernon and i see mulies everyday in the field beside my house. never see the bucks though.

steel_ram
04-26-2012, 09:16 AM
Quote from the teachers "The quote was: "I know up on top you are seeing great sights, but down here on the bottom, we too should have rights." and so hunters!

Maybe they should give the meat to the teachers, being they're on the bottom and all.