PDA

View Full Version : To face paint or not to face paint?

WaderGator
04-24-2012, 08:07 PM
Been following Duck Dynasty the last few weeks and It got me thinking about face painting. Do any of you guys bother doing it? I have a neck gaiter in Max-4 that I usually pull over the bottom half of my face but it can be a little uncomfortable sometimes especially when its a little warmer out. Just curious what you guys use for face camo or if you even bother

WG

sobirch
04-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Just usually start a beard halfway through August

kyleklassen
04-24-2012, 08:22 PM
no make-up allowed.

Crazy_Farmer
04-24-2012, 08:27 PM
Always wear neck gaiters when its cold, will use a camo face mask, like a turkey hunting one if we're landing geese and holding them on the ground. But other then that, I rock a beard most of the hunting season.

WaderGator
04-24-2012, 08:36 PM
Yeah Im rockin the beard year round those days. Started off as something to do while I was bored up at work. Yes my job was so boring that growing hair was actually a form of entertainment. I suppose that would cover the face enough. I've never really had issues but I know a couple people that swear by face masks.

Foxton Gundogs
04-24-2012, 08:42 PM
I wear a beard, and I hate having my face covered by a mask so I throw some stripes and smears to break my face up as the season gets along and the birds get more warry, I nothing likr the DD boys tho.

REMINGTON JIM
04-24-2012, 08:47 PM
Depends on how UGLY you are ! LOL :-D RJ

Foxton Gundogs
04-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Depends on how UGLY you are ! LOL :-D RJ

Thanks for pointing that out I should start buying it by the tub I supose.:icon_frow

Big Lew
04-24-2012, 09:02 PM
When still hunting or stalking with a bow I either use a camo face screen or paint. One of the biggest 'give-a-ways' to your position is a white face or hands. Camo paints are messy and seem to get on everything, but when hunting if it's hot, the screens are very uncomfortable and will fog up glasses.

field marshal
04-24-2012, 09:42 PM
:mrgreen: My beard is only good for snowy days!!:mrgreen: Cheers---Field Marshal.

f350ps
04-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Always wear neck gaiters when its cold, will use a camo face mask, like a turkey hunting one if we're landing geese and holding them on the ground. But other then that, I rock a beard most of the hunting season.
You call that a beard??????? Looks more like some hippy chicks armpit! :) K

lorneparker1
04-24-2012, 09:58 PM
I only face paint when i want to look bad ass to the ducks. Which is never.

THe facial hair starts with a Dirty Stash for movemeber then a beard the rest of the season

kwasky
04-24-2012, 10:01 PM
Have you shot ducks before? If so id say wearing facepaint is useless and just a waste of money. I would never wear it.

Crazy_Farmer
04-24-2012, 10:17 PM
You call that a beard??????? Looks more like some hippy chicks armpit! :) K

Dont be a hater Kelly hahaha, you should see it after a month or two, about as red as Reds is hahaha.

WaderGator
04-24-2012, 10:24 PM
Have you shot ducks before? If so id say wearing facepaint is useless and just a waste of money. I would never wear it.

yeah I can't complain about my performance. I know people that swear by it and wondered if anyone on here had done it and noticed a difference. I find the beard and MODB ball cap work just fine. wouldnt be hunting without scrutinizing every detail and looking for more toys to waste money on :p

FirePower
04-25-2012, 10:44 AM
This pasty faced Englishman gets pretty shiny by the end of Nov. so I assume it can not hurt. But perhaps a trip to Cuba to renew the tan(and drink rum) might be a better strategy. You have me thinking now, lol:confused:

WaderGator
04-25-2012, 11:27 AM
a tube of facepaint is a little cheaper than a trip to cuba....not nearly as fun though!

BernDawg
04-25-2012, 11:33 AM
If I'm worried about my face showing I drape a mesh scarf over my head. I spent too many years with cam-paint on in the CF to bother with it now. (that issued stuff is a bitch to take off btw)
Much like this one, cotton, fairly comfortable.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Scarf.jpg

WaderGator
04-25-2012, 11:37 AM
yeah I had a few sticks of that from my uncle back in the day. You almost need a cheese grater to get it off

Tikka270
04-25-2012, 12:09 PM
If they wear camo face paint on tv you HAVE to do it too!

BernDawg
04-25-2012, 12:53 PM
yeah I had a few sticks of that from my uncle back in the day. You almost need a cheese grater to get it off
LOL!!!! Exactly, and that explains why we were all so ugly!

Ian F.
04-25-2012, 08:28 PM
Make up eH?

heyblast
04-27-2012, 03:47 PM
My beard is so white it blinds them. It works great.

WaderGator
04-27-2012, 03:50 PM
My GF was pointing out a couple whites in my beard the other day. I am way to young for those to be sprouting

Gunner
04-27-2012, 08:52 PM
On sunny days I wear a camo mask.I'll skip the face paint,I don't feel like looking like one of the "Duck Commander's gang".Many years ago I flew up the Fraser in a floatplane.Two guys in the inner marsh looked up at the plane,you could see their faces from a long way away.That was enough for me. Gunner

Islandbowhunter
04-28-2012, 08:02 AM
Yes my skin albedo is quite high, the birds will definately see hands and face flashing below them. Don't rock the make-up, feels a little cheesy playing Rambo, but I DO wear the full-face mask and gloves.

Skeptical at first...then learned how to work the dekes and camo'd up = bag limits.

Oh yeah, and got yelled at for looking around too much (thanks guys you were right it helped a lot).

Foxton Gundogs
04-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Yes my skin albedo is quite high, the birds will definately see hands and face flashing below them. Don't rock the make-up, feels a little cheesy playing Rambo, but I DO wear the full-face mask and gloves.

Skeptical at first...then learned how to work the dekes and camo'd up = bag limits.

Oh yeah, and got yelled at for looking around too much (thanks guys you were right it helped a lot).

I agree about the rambo syndrome and I get a ribbing over it. I wont even mention the Duck Dynasty thing I was wearing "make up" long b4 they were on TV. Fact is I just cant stand the clostrophobic feeling of the masks even the mesh ones. Guess bank rober or terrorist isnt a career option for me lol

Islandbowhunter
05-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Just kidding, it's true sometimes the mask gets a little irritating. But I would have to paint my whole face :razz:

bcbrez
05-02-2012, 06:53 AM
I have to be clean shaved for work to get my respirator to fit, so no beard for me. I hate wearing face masks unless it's cold out. I use camo or halloween face paints for warm weather elk and turkey.

shadow1982
05-02-2012, 07:50 AM
Whenever duck hunting I wear camo face mask and gloves… it does help when duck hunting, I guess if the weather is warm, I would not mind painting my face, but its never warm and always raining… lol