PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone hunted for moose grizz or have seen elk in 7-38

buck400
04-22-2012, 12:50 PM
would like to plan a trip in that area don't know how the roads are or what the country is like
if you have pics of that area would like to see them thanks

moosinaround
04-22-2012, 01:28 PM
If you are going that far, head a bit more north to 7-37, 7-41. All species there! Pesika, Akie, Ospika all good moose and elk areas just off of the North and East faces of Williston Lake. Beauty country, and if you have a river boat so much better too. Access elk areas off of the lake with no road access! Especially along the ospika arm in the aspen stands! Look it up on Google. Any questions give me a shout! Moosin

Barracuda
04-22-2012, 02:21 PM
no atvs if i recall only lisensed vehicles .

buck400
04-22-2012, 05:58 PM
thanks for the imfo

04-22-2012, 08:15 PM
Don't expect the Cops to back you up when you do have problems with the Natives there, and if you stay long enough ........ it will happen. They write their own rules up there.

Your a long way from any where, nice country though.

Some Big Moose
CT

SLUGS
06-08-2012, 09:50 AM
Hey Moosinaround, Tried to fire you a pm to get more info on 7-37 elk/moose hunting and fishing in the ospika arm area of williston. Just wondering if the best way in is to launch at finlay forks? ANy other info would be much appreciated. If any other users are familiar with the area some info would be great.

ryanb
06-08-2012, 03:16 PM
I think some folks launch at Clearwater creek along the peace arm. Otherwise you're looking at the dam launch or Mackenzie.

grahambarry
08-18-2013, 01:13 PM
I launched at the peace reach north of mackenzie last year, ventured north to the ospika arm and up the ospika river (7-37). Waters were low last year but we still made it a long ways up. Stayed for a week and saw neither fresh sign nor hair of anything. Fishing was good, some big dollys. There was a helicopter from a near by logging camp that seemed to be doing a lot of joyriding, frequent lands on the river and flying up and down. More than likely why we weren't seeing anything. All sign was year before. Beautiful country though.

geoskier
08-19-2013, 12:43 PM
Had an Elk bugle at us in the morning in 7-38 right off the kemess road in late Sept last year.