PDA

View Full Version : I have the "Answer" for fall season

Bowzone_Mikey
04-21-2012, 09:40 PM
Just Inked a deal on a brand Spanking new Elite Answer ..... Now the waiting game starts ...

All snow Camo

33.5" axel to axel ... 7" brace and IBO speed of 340 ..... my real world speed I should get 330ish out of it with a 29" draw and my 353 grain arrows

Great size for spot and stalk .. as well as Blind hunting ..

Woot!!!!!!!!!

Will post a review when I get it in

WestCoastTodd
04-22-2012, 08:30 AM
Damn, that's a nice looking bow. Did you get the smooth pull cams?
Looking forward to the review.

Bow Walker
04-22-2012, 09:19 AM
NICE! Looking forward to your thoughts on it.

Do I see 4 holes for mounting a sight - giving a person a bit of choice as to height from the riser? Nice option.

Bowzone_Mikey
04-22-2012, 09:30 AM
Damn, that's a nice looking bow. Did you get the smooth pull cams?
Looking forward to the review.

They ship with smooth Mods ... got a set of speed mods coming ....

Bowzone_Mikey
04-22-2012, 09:31 AM
NICE! Looking forward to your thoughts on it.

Do I see 4 holes for mounting a sight - giving a person a bit of choice as to height from the riser? Nice option.

Yesirreeeeee

Spy
04-22-2012, 09:41 AM
What kind of a price tag is attached to the Elite answer $$$$$ ?

Bow Walker
04-22-2012, 09:46 AM

Just a little north of my "snack-bracket"................

Spy
04-22-2012, 10:29 AM
Just a little north of my "snack-bracket"................
They seem to be selling for around $ 700! I just got the Limbsaver Proton for $ 800 ish! Not knowing to much about bows I'm just comparing anyone here , shot both ?

Bow Walker
04-22-2012, 10:31 AM
IMHO you shoulda gone with the Elite lineup......

Spy
04-22-2012, 10:40 AM
IMHO you shoulda gone with the Elite lineup......

Will just have to make the most of it ! No crying over spilt milk now! After doing some research,after the fact the Proton does seem a bit over priced! How often do you Pros change your bows, every year ?

Bow Walker
04-22-2012, 10:46 AM
That's a question better asked of BZM - he's got more disposable income than I have..........although I'm due for a new one. My newest bow was bought in 2007.

Bowzone_Mikey
04-22-2012, 11:06 AM

MSRP is about $870 If shops are pumping them out at 700 they are not making any money on them but are a screaming deal for the buyer ... The Used market has all Elites around 5 bills (GT-500s, Judges, GTOs, E-500 XLRs etc....)except for the later (2011s and beyond)ones that usually list for around 700 on the used market... The market will hold those prices simply because of the peice of mind that comes with buying Elite .... The only transferable warrantee in the business.

Bowzone_Mikey
04-22-2012, 11:12 AM
That's a question better asked of BZM - he's got more disposable income than I have..........although I'm due for a new one. My newest bow was bought in 2007.

I dunno I might be disposed of soon ... I havent told the wife yet ;)

I am not changing bows ... simply adding to my arsenal .... I got my Pure last year and dropped to 1 compund bow.... after running 2008 Bowtech for target and a 08 Diamond for hunting .... Sold my Diamond to a guy locally ... Last i heard he likes it still ... prior to that I was shooting 05, 06, and 06 Hoyts ...Prior to that .. I had an 02 Martin , 03 hoyt, 03 Mathews .... so it would seem that I change up every 3 years .... But cannot see me sending my Pure down the sales stream

Spy
04-22-2012, 02:40 PM
I dunno I might be disposed of soon ... I havent told the wife yet ;)

I am not changing bows ... simply adding to my arsenal .... I got my Pure last year and dropped to 1 compund bow.... after running 2008 Bowtech for target and a 08 Diamond for hunting .... Sold my Diamond to a guy locally ... Last i heard he likes it still ... prior to that I was shooting 05, 06, and 06 Hoyts ...Prior to that .. I had an 02 Martin , 03 hoyt, 03 Mathews .... so it would seem that I change up every 3 years .... But cannot see me sending my Pure down the sales stream
I did the same thing with a Beretta I bought, the wife,when she found out was pissed'said it was paramount to cheating! I was in the dog box until I sold it & bought her something LOL! Won't be doing that again! Good luck with the new bow & thanks for the info!

Bow Walker
04-22-2012, 04:30 PM
We'll be lookin forward to stories and pics of your hunting adventures Mike.

thetackdriver
04-22-2012, 05:39 PM
Better bring it up to the house mike and let me try it out for ya!

Bowzone_Mikey
04-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Better bring it up to the house mike and let me try it out for ya!

I might hafta live at the house when the "warden" finds out ;)

StoneChaser
04-22-2012, 05:56 PM
MSRP is about $870 If shops are pumping them out at 700 they are not making any money on them but are a screaming deal for the buyer ... The Used market has all Elites around 5 bills (GT-500s, Judges, GTOs, E-500 XLRs etc....)except for the later (2011s and beyond)ones that usually list for around 700 on the used market... The market will hold those prices simply because of the peice of mind that comes with buying Elite .... The only transferable warrantee in the business.

Just watch out for the "great deals" on EBAY as of late on Elite bows....many of the them are assembled from spare parts left over by G5 (that is who machined Elite's until recently). Elite will NOT warranty these bows (still a good bow, but not covered is all).

thetackdriver
04-22-2012, 05:58 PM
I might hafta live at the house when the "warden" finds out ;)
Theres a nice dry deer stand in the back you can live in if ya need too

jmo
04-26-2012, 12:31 PM
That phrase is nothing more than marketing hype.
Just Inked a deal on a brand Spanking new Elite Answer ..... Now the waiting game starts ...

All snow Camo

33.5" axel to axel ... 7" brace and IBO speed of 340 ..... my real world speed I should get 330ish out of it with a 29" draw and my 353 grain arrows

Great size for spot and stalk .. as well as Blind hunting ..

Woot!!!!!!!!!

Will post a review when I get it in

The Dawg
04-26-2012, 12:33 PM

What is? Im not sure I get what you mean here.

Bowzone_Mikey
04-26-2012, 12:48 PM
and what phrase is that?

Bow Walker
04-26-2012, 04:33 PM

Another well thought out and reasoned response......

The Dawg
04-26-2012, 04:40 PM
Mikey and I figured it out. Seems the poster holds a grudge because Mikey used that phrase on him before.

Bow Walker
04-26-2012, 04:53 PM
Ahhh - gotta love internet revenge.........

elitehuntergreg
03-26-2013, 05:43 PM
how does the answer shoot for you mike? compared to the 2011 hunter? shot the 2013 hunter yet?

donny.brooke
03-26-2013, 06:27 PM
I have both bows in 2013 models and like the answer better for my style of shooting. I shoot 3d and hunt with it. Im going to shoot a pulse for 3d whenever it shows up. My buddy has both and prefets the answer also? There both hard to beat

jessbennett
03-26-2013, 07:06 PM

what the hell are you talking about????

Bowzone_Mikey
03-27-2013, 09:27 AM
how does the answer shoot for you mike? compared to the 2011 hunter? shot the 2013 hunter yet?

Greg ... I shot your bow ... side by side of my Answer when i got it.. the Answer with the smooth mods didnt load up nor dump into the valley as quick as the Hunter more of a smooth transition into each stage of the drawe cycle .... think of it as a CVT transmission on a quad or a new car ... with the speed mods tho ... its a tiny bit more agressive than the hunter cams and very noticable draw cycle stages

The Answer is the legitimate love child of the Hunter and the Pure, inheiriting the best aspects from both bows. I prefer the smooth mods so I sold the set of speed mods I had for it

Bowzone_Mikey
03-27-2013, 09:30 AM

Jess ... I used that phrase on him a while back ... he was talking about a PSE he owned something along the lines of 350 fps and 1 pin to 40 yards ... he stated a word for word quote of Terry Drurys sales pitch for the PSE speed bows

elitehuntergreg
03-27-2013, 09:30 AM
do you notice cam lean in your elites?

Bowzone_Mikey
03-27-2013, 11:06 AM
there is a little bit in all bows unless they have a crossover/shoot-thru cable system ... its a by product of the cable gaurd ... its more pronounced in short axel bows.. most combat it by installing an offset cablegaurd or other like minded devices (windstalker, flex bar etc ...)

donny.brooke
03-27-2013, 11:28 AM
I have a barefoot archery bent cablerod here which i will install on my pulse when it shows up to see how it helps with any lean

Ambush
03-27-2013, 06:16 PM
"I have the Answer for fall season".

I didn't get a chance to ask you at the last shoot {too busy missing frogs}, but how did the Answer do during the fall season?

Bowzone_Mikey
03-28-2013, 08:15 AM
awe you missed the froggie?
I honestly didnt get a chance to get out much , spent most of the hunting season in Vancouver with work ... but everything that I got a shot at made its next home in my freezer ... chikkens and bunnys mostly ... I had a few deer close enough but no shot presented it self in either case ...had a good one inside 20 yards but head on ... 3 around 30-40 but either wouldnt stop moving or when they did there was some shintang in the shot lane... due to lack of personal time .. didnt get after goats ... didnt even get much for Elk time but what I did I heard them but never saw them big ghosts

Looking forward to Bear season this spring

The Hermit
03-29-2013, 12:37 AM
The 2013 Limbsaver Proton retails at $900 and the people I've talked to that have shot it are raving about it. Even the earlier Protons got rave reviews. I just ordered one for myself and it should be here Mid-June. I'm also going to pick up the G5 Prime Line this year but need to get a few pre-orders to make it work. (hint - watch for a pre-order sale in the next couple days in the Sponsor's Corner.

Stealth
03-30-2013, 08:17 AM
I'm also going to pick up the G5 Prime Line this year but need to get a few pre-orders to make it work. (hint - watch for a pre-order sale in the next couple days in the Sponsor's Corner.
In January I decided to buy a Prime Defy and could find no dealers on the island or BC for that matter. I ended up ordering one through the Western Canada distributor and it just arrived Thursday and hopefully will have it all set up today. Still thinking of adding the Impact or Answer to my armoury.

The Hermit
03-30-2013, 10:28 PM
In January I decided to buy a Prime Defy and could find no dealers on the island or BC for that matter. I ended up ordering one through the Western Canada distributor and it just arrived Thursday and hopefully will have it all set up today. Still thinking of adding the Impact or Answer to my armoury.

Cool please let me know how you like it! I've only had my hands on one for a few minutes... love how solid the wall was! Nice looking bow.

Stealth
04-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Cool please let me know how you like it! I've only had my hands on one for a few minutes... love how solid the wall was! Nice looking bow.
Got the new Defy set up today. Mine is 28.5 draw and 60 lb right hand. I'm shooting at 60 lbs. Very solid wall and very quiet in your hand. I don't have a chrono so I don't know what speed it's getting but it seems quicker than my old Hoyt Razortec at the same poundage. Fit & finish of the bow is excellent. Hope to get lots of arrows through it this week.

jmo
04-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Never mind. What did your world record bear score anyway?