PDA

View Full Version : Cabelas Meindl's VS Meindl's at AJ Brooks

stroh72
04-21-2012, 02:15 PM
Price difference sits at $130. Any thoughts on the Canada series bought at one or the other? Cabela's Canada is cheaper.

wicket
04-21-2012, 02:18 PM
i have the cabelas canadas and love them no regrets at all.

Everett
04-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Try cabelas USA probably cheaper yet again and you know they will back up there warrenty AJ brooks has a bad reputation for not backing up there boots.

Amphibious
04-21-2012, 03:01 PM
I bought mine from the US, Cabela's branded Meindl's. love them.

plumbcrazy
04-21-2012, 05:35 PM
I'm trying to work in my 3rd set. The latest boots SUCK. The first pairs were awsome, but looks like they changed them......alittle cheaper perhaps!

Gunner
04-21-2012, 05:53 PM
Be aware you will pay duty on boots from the US. Gunner

bruin
04-21-2012, 06:01 PM
I had good service on Canada Pro's from AJ that I sent back. No experience with Cabelas but I would question the quality of materials etc if they're that much cheaper

Buck
04-21-2012, 06:17 PM
I'm on my third pair of Canada's from AJ BrooksThe first pair developed a squeak and they could not fix them so they gave me a new pair.My arch fell during the second and they became to tight so i have a new pair now without a doubt my favorite boots just seem to feel really good on the feet.I have never felt that they had given me poor service.
The Cabelas brand are made differantly than the ones you get from AJ Brooks i believe it even says so on the Meindle website.All the same though i have heard very few complaints about the Cabelas version.

REMINGTON JIM
04-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Price difference sits at $130. Any thoughts on the Canada series bought at one or the other? Cabela's Canada is cheaper.

What is the price of the boots at aj brooks and cabelas ?

goatdancer
04-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Try cabelas USA probably cheaper yet again and you know they will back up there warrenty AJ brooks has a bad reputation for not backing up there boots.

Then one time I needed it, service from AJ Brooks was fine on my Meindl's.

boxhitch
04-21-2012, 07:28 PM
Cabelas 'canada' boot is not equal to the Canada Pros from AJs or Fishers
Why would it be, it is made for Cabelas to their standard.

Everett
04-21-2012, 08:44 PM
I have owned both and I would not waste the the money on the AJ boots again the Cabelas boots lasted just as long for a lot less money. If you buy from Cabelas go accross the line and pick them up if you mail order you will be nailed with duty.

REMINGTON JIM
04-21-2012, 09:20 PM
Cabelas 'canada' boot is not equal to the Canada Pros from AJs or Fishers
Why would it be, it is made for Cabelas to their standard.

Bill - not doubting you ? but how do you know that there is a double standard for sure ? Just wondering ! Cheers RJ

Buck
04-21-2012, 09:43 PM
Bill - not doubting you ? but how do you know that there is a double standard for sure ? Just wondering ! Cheers RJ
It is on the Meindle website i believe

porcupine
04-21-2012, 11:02 PM
I bought Cabelas Canada Pros in 1992 and had them resoled by AJ Brooks in 1996. Love the boots and they are a great hunting companion.

Superdeuce
04-21-2012, 11:48 PM
Can anyone confirm whether they have gone back to their original leather quality? They got some bad reviews after changing to cheaper quality a few years ago but I was told they have switched back again recently as a result.

stroh72
04-22-2012, 08:36 AM
AJ Brooks $429
Cabelas.ca $299
Cabelas.com $289

I think I'll go get fit today for size at AJ. Then I'll order from Cabelas Canada. After taxes and delivery I will be $100 a head. Cost difference will buy me a new therma rest.

2x4x16
04-22-2012, 08:38 AM
I just bought a new pair of Canada's from AJ Brooks. the manager there did admit that they had a problem with materials a few years ago. He emphatically assured me that the boots would stand up and they would always warranty the AJ version. He quoted " no comment" when I asked him about the Cabela's version. |He told me that you would have to deal with Cabela's with any issues... Just saying what I was told.

Superdeuce
04-22-2012, 09:09 AM
Did Meindle use split grain (suede) leather for a period resulting in the bad rep, rather than the nubuck leather which they are uding now and would "appear" similar? I don't think they ever used full grain leather? Just wondering what one could look for to determine if you are getting the original quality Meindl or not.

The $ difference vs Cabelas narrows after shipping especially if you are able to get them on sale up here.

stroh72
04-22-2012, 08:29 PM
Well the service at AJ Brooks was awesome....too bad my heels slipped in every boot I tried on. We tried all various kinds of footbeds and shimming. Back to square one. I'm going to try La Sportivas tommorrow I heard they fit nice and narrow. I will keep you informed for the hunt for the fallen arched, old lady heeled mountain boot!

Brez
04-22-2012, 08:40 PM
Bought four pair of Cabela's Meindl Canada Hunters from Cabelas and One from AJ. Will not buy from anywhere other than Cabela's. They are a different boot. Harder to fit. Not as good, in my opinion. I don't care about the price anymore as I have discovered, Hunting or hiking sucks if my feet hurt or the boots leak, or they don't have support, or they don't grip properly. Just grease them well with snowseal to keep the abrasion damage down on rough terrain. And DO NOT dry them on any amount of heat - the soles will break down in four years or so.

Everett
04-22-2012, 09:09 PM
Well the service at AJ Brooks was awesome....too bad my heels slipped in every boot I tried on. We tried all various kinds of footbeds and shimming. Back to square one. I'm going to try La Sportivas tommorrow I heard they fit nice and narrow. I will keep you informed for the hunt for the fallen arched, old lady heeled mountain boot!

La Sportivas are great for narrow heals but you also need a narrow front foot regretfully. Good spanish made boot.