PDA

View Full Version : New duck gun advice.

kyleklassen
04-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Hey guys, I've been looking into a new duck gun for next season, I've been carving up a few decoys and hope to have enough ready to hunt with by next november or december. Anyway I was thinking what better way to start off a new season than with a brand new shotgun to go with my new decoys. With the new decoys I know I will be able to keep the shots close........Like really 5yards in your face close...........so I was thinking of going with this gun http://airgunblast.com/ it says it shoots #9 but i have a couple of boxes of those old #7 steel supremes from crappy tire so I was just gonna open up a few of them to use. I'd really like to hear what you knowledgeable duck hunters think....It says a 12" pattern at 10 yards so it should be a 6" at 5 yards in your face right???

A 6" pattern should demolish ducks on contact.

mjmbc
04-20-2012, 09:09 PM
keep smokin that island weed dude .410 or larger and minimum would normally be a 20 gauge really

field marshal
04-20-2012, 10:03 PM
Ha Ha, sounds like the cork never got put back in the old "SCREECH" bottle tonite???:mrgreen:
Good one Kyle!!!!! Cheers----Field Marshal.

Crazy_Farmer
04-20-2012, 10:06 PM
I say strap it to the front of the boat and punt into a flock of scoters. Blast away like market gunning days hahaha

If theyre too close I wonder about those pistol rounds that have birdshot packed into them. Need that sort of thing for quick flight Harlies on the salt.

aliagha
04-21-2012, 04:57 PM
http://www.owned.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Duck-Hunting-the-Wife.jpg

kyleklassen
04-21-2012, 05:41 PM
I'm liking the punt gun idea.hope the boat can handle the recoil.

Foxton Gundogs
04-23-2012, 09:49 AM
Hey Kyle with your skills you should be able to build a punt air gun from a peice of 2" pipe and an ols 100 lb propane bottle youd only get a few shote but with a "gauge" like that youd only need a couple lol

lorneparker1
04-23-2012, 08:23 PM
I would only support this gun idea if you promise to retrieve all of your dead birds with multiple kinds of crank baits and a spinning rod.

f350ps
04-24-2012, 05:11 PM
I would only support this gun idea if you promise to retrieve all of your dead birds with multiple kinds of crank baits and a spinning rod.

Ha, ha, ha, well done! K