PDA

View Full Version : Snow pack and grizzly plans

Barracuda
04-20-2012, 06:58 PM
Watching the weather and washout/roadcondition to keep on top of things . I figure alot of things are gonna be a little sideways if we get a fast melt. How is everyone else prepareing and planning to deal with the snow pack and temp

pappy
04-20-2012, 10:35 PM
I plan to watch the bridges and culverts if I have to cross any. A few years ago I was up past fort nelson spring bear hunting and one week the snow was slowly melting away and 5 days later I went back there to find the dirt road before and after this one bridge had washed away. If I had stayed in there for a week I would have been stuck, good thing I had to work during the middle of the week. I'll bring a chainsaw this time around in case I have to add on to a bridge. Besides that possible issue again, I will be prepaired to do more walking with my frame pack than I anticipate. I might have my bro-in-law come up to be my back up so I might have the luxury of a travel trailer for the odd night between areas picked.

Stone Sheep Steve
04-21-2012, 06:53 AM
Turning out to be a lot like last yr.
If you're heading out anytime before the end of the season, make sure you have access to an ATV on tracks...or be prepared for a serious snowshoe workout.

SSS

MATTIAC
04-21-2012, 07:16 AM
Turning out to be a lot like last yr.
If you're heading out anytime before the end of the season, make sure you have access to an ATV on tracks...or be prepared for a serious snowshoe workout.

SSS

yea, last season was a bust for me for spring grizz. couldnt get in anywhere I wanted

Boner
04-21-2012, 08:03 AM
I have tracks on my UTV. From my experience with them so far, I need to pack a lot of extra fuel.

Barracuda
04-21-2012, 09:22 AM
Ive learned to expect the unexpected so i try to take everything + the kitchen sink. Timeing is the biggest issue so depending on pack it could move two weeks either way.