PDA

View Full Version : antanarko river

Bobfl
04-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Has anyone fished salmon in july and where would be a good place to camp on the antanarko in bella coola

Rock Doctor
04-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Has anyone fished salmon in july and where would be a good place to camp on the antanarko in bella coola

Fisheries Pool campground, just upstream of the Confluence (Antanarko/Telchaco)
I'm sur someone will correct if wrong, but I don't think you can fish upstream of Tweedmure Lodge.
From the Fisheries pool, you can walk up to the lodge, or down to the Confluence.

RD

yama49
04-20-2012, 07:33 PM
We just stayed at the lodge, nice cabins and hotub.. We were ther in the end of june, you can fish above the lodge, aleast 3 years ago you could..

goatdancer
04-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Tons of gbears there feeding on the chinooks so be careful.

warnniklz
04-20-2012, 07:54 PM
Tons of gbears there feeding on the chinooks so be careful.

Gbears haven't been seen as much as when I first started going there 13 years or so ago.

I haven't been down there since it flooded. We use to stay right at the bottom of the hill at the provincial camp ground. The fishing boundry is just up from there. You can fish from there all the way down. Fisheries pool usualy has lots of people.

We usually stay at another campsite, but our whole family stays there and has it pretty locked down.

Whole valley is nice and for the most part you can't go wrong anywhere you stay.

EvanG
04-23-2012, 04:38 PM
find out what days the natives are netting and focus on the days they are not, seemed to have a substantial inpact on the number of fish in the pools. they only net certain days cant remember forsure.

srupp
04-23-2012, 05:10 PM
hmm only "supposed to " net certain days..no enforcement...

we only fished the Atanarko..fisheries pools , grizzly run, confluenece and even up further.. in JUNE then it closes?? and we fished down at the sloompt rd past the Baileey Bridge..down to the bus turn around well used trail down to a good run for july..

PLEASE NOTE the valley has changed radically and dramatically and I have not been down since floods...A LOT OF THE OLD FISHING HOLES HAVE BEEN WASHED IN i HAVE been informed..

tight lines

Cyrus
04-23-2012, 07:14 PM
They net from Sunday Night to Thurs night..or they used when I lived there. They never hit the Atnarko...if this is still the case if you are fishing the Atnarko only the netting schedule in the Bella Coola will have no impact on your fishing. Hope you don't get flooded out or trapped by forest fires...the ferry out is very long and expensive!!

goatdancer
04-23-2012, 09:20 PM
They net from Sunday Night to Thurs night..or they used when I lived there. They never hit the Atnarko...if this is still the case if you are fishing the Atnarko only the netting schedule in the Bella Coola will have no impact on your fishing. Hope you don't get flooded out or trapped by forest fires...the ferry out is very long and expensive!!

I don't get this. How do the fish get to the Atnarko?

Bobfl
04-27-2012, 07:28 PM
How long is the drift , for the natives. In kitimat they cover 1/2 km up and down on the river, do two passes and they are gone. hopefully it is the same. They do not leave nets by themselfs. haybales are like missles underwater and nets where lost in the past

SPEYMAN
04-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Telchako confluence is 1/2 km down stream of where it was last year.Pools and runs have changed dramaticaly.Flooded this past September and the September prior.