PDA

View Full Version : fly in hunt

roadrunner
04-20-2012, 05:58 AM
first time fly in hunt for caribou deaselake area. need info on what gear to take? was told to take a rubber raft and that there was limited fire wood?

ryanb
04-20-2012, 07:49 AM
For firewood, it all depends on which lake. If its a big lake a boat of some sort will likely be quite useful.

04-20-2012, 01:23 PM
When and where (in Dease Lake area) are you going?

KB90
04-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Are you planning on doing spike camps from the lake, or will you be setting up a main camp and hunting from it daily?

I have a friend who goes every year and they just bring a couple propane bottles with heater heads on them, yes it creates condensation, but for the small amount of time they use them, they work great. I.e. you must have warm sleeping bags as the heat is only used for dinner and breakfast.

Like someone said if it's a big lake a boat and motor would be essential.

Philcott
04-20-2012, 01:55 PM
And chainsaw.

mfarrally
04-20-2012, 02:00 PM
First post and didn't even say please. Good luck

roadrunner
04-26-2012, 06:10 AM
end of aug either level lake or cry lake i have heard is good for caribou

leadpillproductions
04-26-2012, 08:14 AM
I was also thinkin of a fly in caribou hunt next yr

Skull Hunter
04-26-2012, 02:46 PM

It'll be busy in there now! Thanks for that!

mfarrally
04-26-2012, 03:20 PM

Ya unbelievable

silvertipp
04-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Ive heard that before
bin thinking o this trip also

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
04-26-2012, 03:34 PM
it'll be busy in there now! Thanks for that!

i'm booking right now new hotspot for bou!!!!!!!!!!!! Yehaaaaa

Vital Shock
04-26-2012, 04:15 PM
......................lol

elkdom
04-26-2012, 05:11 PM
whenever you fly in to a remote area to hunt or fish it is a GOOD idea to load the airplane with lots of fire wood,,,,,

and always remember to take OUT what you bring IN,,

so don't leave any ashes in your fire-pit when you fly out !

ps: have the pilot check the ashes for sparks ,prior to take off,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:-|

roadrunner
04-26-2012, 08:17 PM
not sure depends on how far we have to go to find animals. will spike camp rather than walk over dead ground every day

Darksith
04-26-2012, 08:45 PM
another perfect example of why this website is getting to be super lame. No one willing to help out a fellow hunter, nothing but hecklers and trollers.

Ambush
04-26-2012, 08:49 PM

You really think those lakes are big secrets? If you can land a plane on it, it gets hunted.

ianwuzhere
04-26-2012, 08:55 PM
Bring crocs or something as extra footwear. lil bit of precut firewood is always a good idea.. Bruce will be able to tell you if anyone he has flown in currently is in the area you decide on...pack fishin rod too just in case the boo hunting is crazy good- or crazy bad..
Heres a lil bou shed i found just north of Cry last summer- woulda kept it but lots of tines were chewed off..
there are nice ones there::
Cheers!!

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r141/ianwuzherephotos/177.jpg

elkdom
04-27-2012, 07:21 AM
another perfect example of why this website is getting to be super lame. No one willing to help out a fellow hunter, nothing but hecklers and trollers.

you forgot to mention "WHINERS",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Skull Hunter
04-27-2012, 08:39 AM
You really think those lakes are big secrets? If you can land a plane on it, it gets hunted.

No I don't think those lakes are big secrets, but I wouldn't say they are commonly known to the average hunter either. I've thought about heading into Level, but I've also heard there is a lot of exploratory mining going on over there which has pushed many of the Caribou away from that area. Could just be hear-say, but that's what I've heard when talking to some of the locals in Telegraph Creek.

I just don't think announcing your plans on the internet is the best idea, there undoubtedly will be other groups now researching these lakes and most likely a few more groups heading in there. If it was me, and I'm going for a remote hunt I'd want the place to myself as much as possible, but I guess to each their own. In any event Caribou is not to high on my list this year anyways, I've got sheep and goat on my mind!