kgriz
04-19-2012, 09:32 AM
No luck at usual spot
drove to creston
never been here before....any advice and or road names greatly appreciated
please text to 2506144643 if you can help

Brez
04-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Any road with a mail box or house on it. Mostly on private property. Try out towards Wyndal. Anywhere you can get access . Don't have to go far from the hwy. For that matter, anywhere along the lake road

scottwh
04-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Was just out there... I had no luck, but didnt spend too much time. I had about 15 hens at different times a stone throw away, but no toms. Any toms I seen were on private land and I dont usually like to hunt private land. Mabey next time I will! Start banging on doors and asking where they may be. Just like Brez said, was out towards Wynndel where I seen them on crown land...

huntwriter
04-19-2012, 09:55 PM
I had about 15 hens at different times a stone throw away, but no toms. Any toms I seen were on private land and I dont usually like to hunt private land. Mabey next time I will! Start banging on doors and asking where they may be. Just like Brez said, was out towards Wynndel where I seen them on crown land...

Turkeys quickly smarten up and know where to go to be save from hunters. In hard hunted areas there are not many other options then knocking on doors. If you know the route the toms take to access private land you can set up on that route on crown land, provided the birds don't roost on private land.

kgriz
04-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Got our birds....thanks for everybodies help....will post later...just got home

Swamp mule
04-22-2012, 09:17 AM
I talked to my sister that has a Dairy farm in Creston and she stated that there were no turkeys on her land this spring so far. How ever the elk and occaisional bear were thick in the standing corn field last fall prior to harvest. Try north of Kaslo on the way to Lardue valley. I know there were several flocks along the highway and that there were several several flocks in the Lardue/meadow creek valley. Seen them all the time that I worked there.

kgriz
04-22-2012, 10:56 AM
Here's a couple of pics....Turkey hunting=quality time with family and friends.
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z268/mikekozak/055.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z268/mikekozak/092.jpg?t=1335117133

kennyj
04-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Great photos!!! Nice bird too.
kenny

kgriz
04-22-2012, 12:01 PM
Thanks....was a Jake but the kids certainly were happy...so my uncle and I were as well.
I Had missed these birds the night before with my kids because they were henned up and stayed out of range and my Uncle saw them the next morning and put a 50 m belly crawl stalk on them and a hour and a half wait for them to get in range.....learned from our mistake as they ran at the first sign of calling before. Was extra cool as my kids and I watched the whole thing from a distance

My buddy cranked one that had 10 1/4 inch beard but wouldn't tell me where...hah.