PDA

View Full Version : For all you P.G. guys a heads up

ape
10-29-2006, 10:15 PM
I was out with the wife and daughter today on the Gregg creek rd and went for a drive in behind swamp lake. We came across a fresh set of Grizz tracks maybe 2,3 hours old. We followed as far as we could but the snow on the branches got to be a little more than I wanted to put my truck through. So if you like hunting in that area beware. I have had more than my share of encounters with these brutes and don't wish it upon anyone so remain vigilant while out there pursuing your quarry.

Jagermeister
10-29-2006, 11:20 PM
I guess that the first heavy snowfall triggers a signal in the grizz that they should cadge a meal before taking that first little nap of the winter season. It truly is a dangerous time to encounter one of their ilk at this time, especially if you got some game down. Might just get into a tug-of-war. best bet is to let them win.

todbartell
10-29-2006, 11:31 PM
If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets

JAGRMEISTER
10-30-2006, 10:30 AM
Perhaps You Should Stay Home At This Time Of Year!
*****!

ape
10-30-2006, 11:35 AM
According to the huggers this is the only one in Canada so I just wanted everyone to know were it is. Everyone in the rest of the province can rest easy while in the bush.

Amphibious
10-30-2006, 01:31 PM
there are grizzlies all over the PG region (just ask PG Kris! hahaha)

hunters in this area should always assume a grizzle bear in the area and act/treat meat/camp accordingly.

ianwuzhere
10-30-2006, 02:32 PM
so u were out with your wife and daughter and youve said youve had more then your fair share of encounters and are warning us to beware of the "last grizz",i just gotta know why u proceeded to follow the trax?

Iron-Head
10-30-2006, 03:26 PM
According to the huggers this is the only one in Canada so I just wanted everyone to know were it is. Everyone in the rest of the province can rest easy while in the bush. My hunting compainion and I have spent plenty of time in the bush with Lots of Grizz sign around... It never stops us from resting easy
8-)
The huggers are wrong, There are plenty of Grizz in BC...

Krico
10-30-2006, 03:30 PM
so u were out with your wife and daughter and youve said youve had more then your fair share of encounters and are warning us to beware of the "last grizz",i just gotta know why u proceeded to follow the trax?

I believe he was in his truck...While still a very dangerous move, not as life threatening as actually walking in the woods, because as Firebird said...:)

todbartell
10-30-2006, 03:42 PM
they are out there...behind every tree

Schmaus
10-30-2006, 06:49 PM
Oh my god I don't even think I will be able to sleep tonight with all this worrying about GRIZZLIES http://bestsmileys.com/fainting/1.gif

ryanhuntslots
10-30-2006, 09:55 PM
hey there ape, thanks for the heads up, Dont let other peoples comments stop you from giving any other info to your fellow hunters, some of us appreciate it>