PDA

View Full Version : Bear hunting on west side of Harrison Lake

Big Lew
04-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Anyone planning to go bear hunting along the west side of Harrison lake, be advised that almost every side road is gated, and there is a lot of active logging, most of it above Woods Lake. We passed 7 loaded logging trucks coming out while on our way in. Some sections are very narrow, so having a radio or scanner is a good idea.

blink1
04-17-2012, 06:21 PM
good to know i guess i wont be going there this weekend :(

Barracuda
04-17-2012, 06:24 PM
use the gates to your advantage as they keep alot of the riffraff out and limit access to all but the dedicated.

BCHunterTV
04-17-2012, 06:55 PM
See any bears?

Big Lew
04-17-2012, 07:16 PM
See any bears?
No, but did see one scat on a hydro line road below the main road. Large parts of the main road were just graded and heavily traveled by logging truck traffic. It was snowing late this afternoon on the local hilltops but it was quite warm down low, and there were some skunk cabbage flowering, so I'm pretty sure a few bears are out and about. Might be worth checking the side roads behind the gates away from the busy main road.

Stonecold
04-17-2012, 11:21 PM
I was up the east side of Harrison today and it's very busy with logging as well. No signs of bear

warnniklz
04-17-2012, 11:45 PM
I was up the east side of Harrison today and it's very busy with logging as well. No signs of bear

I haven't seen many bears up that way. But when I do they're off with the fear of death in their eyes. Mind ya that's on the main roads. On the one side of the one creek, I did see a lot of bear sign though. Some big piles to boot.