PDA

View Full Version : White river vehicle closure

killer_shot
04-16-2012, 06:22 PM
I planning to put in for a draw around white swan and the white rivers. Somewhere i along the way i heard there was a motorized vehicle closure in that area. I looked on the regs but cant see anything. Just want to make sure i can use those roads to access the mountains before i get stuck with a tag that i cant really use.

If anyone has any first hand information of the status of the roads up the North and south white river and their tributaries including washouts let me know. Any info would be much appreciated

Jim Prawn
04-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Page 48-49 in the 2010-2012 regs. Lots of access in the area but lots of pressure too. I would personally avoid the opening week of Elk season.
JP

budismyhorse
04-16-2012, 08:14 PM
You have to read the text explanations as Jim prawn says . Lots of roads and access up there.

grizzlydueck
04-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Just want to make sure i can use those roads to access the mountains before i get stuck with a tag that i cant really use. ?

ARE YOU SERIOUS ? THE PLACE IS ALL ROAD CLOUSERS LOL AND THE MAIN ROAD IS WALL TO WALL QUADS AND TRUCKS =YOU HAVE TO COME DAYS EARLY TO FIND A SPOT TO CAMP ! WHAT ARE YA GOING FOR ? GOATS = CARPENTER LAKE IS A LOT CLOSER

chargerman69
04-17-2012, 03:24 PM
it is a gorgeous area to hunt and yes there are alot of road closures there. for example on the north white the is a closure on graves creek, the middle fork, there is one near top of the world park, height of the rockies has a closure, colin creek has one, theres is alot.. they are all listed in the regs but you have to read them and do the leg work on finding them. the 95% of the closures are NOT marked there. there are a few more i am missing but you get the picture. I hunt there a TON now there are alot of places to go that doesnt have closures around the area. depends on what you are hunting and how you want to hunt. there is alot of animals in the closures but you have to work to get them. bike, horse, hike

Trophyslayer
04-17-2012, 09:54 PM
I have hunted there a bit too don't forget about closures in Blackfoot creek fenwick creek elk creek nine mile creek nilsuka and mutton

Deeboe
04-17-2012, 10:48 PM
X2 chargerman... quite a few closures up that area but nothing that impedes much of the hunting...

Killershot I assume you are putting in for goat? possibly moose? as Jim prawn says---do yourself a favour and avoid the opening of elk season...its getting a little ridiculous in there that time of year...