PDA

View Full Version : Missing couple may be in BC

AltaElkhunter
04-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Just a heads up if guys in the SE of BC can keep there eyes open, at this time it is unknown where they may have gone to, but possibly fernie area.

CALGARY — A Fort Macleod couple has been reported missing after failing to make it home from a day trip down to the Fernie area.
Police said the couple left Fort Macleod around 11:30 a.m. Saturday and was expected to return sometime after 6 p.m. the same day. They have not been heard from by family or friends since they left.
Jacob and Anja Oosterwyjk were driving in a 1997 dark-green Honda CRV with Alberta licence plate BCC 7195.
It’s believed they could have taken some side roads near Highway 3 through Pincher Creek, Crowsnest Pass, Sparwood and Fernie, and became lost or stuck with the recent snowfall in the area.
RCMP said there are no suspicious circumstances to this investigation at present.
Anyone with information is asked to call Fort Macleod RCMP at 403-553-7200 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 403-553-7200 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Fort+Macleod+couple+goes+missing+trip+Fernie/6463615/story.html#ixzz1sERT25wJ

brad ferris
04-19-2012, 10:47 PM
I read in the paper that they are home safe.

sawmill
04-20-2012, 07:33 AM
Idiots got stuck way up a side road.

The Dude
04-20-2012, 07:41 AM
Yeah, thank God NONE of us here on HBC have EVER gotten stuck on an FSR! **Whew**

frenchbar
04-20-2012, 07:51 AM
Yeah, thank God NONE of us here on HBC have EVER gotten stuck on an FSR! **Whew**

haha ..no kiddin ..been there once or twice or 10 times .lol idiot should be stamped on my forehead .hahaha

Bighorn hunter
04-20-2012, 07:54 AM
Yep, best to not drift off the beaten path ever and just stick to the pavement

sawmill
04-20-2012, 09:57 AM
If you are an idiot tourist heading to a town to visit friends why would you decide to bugger way the hell and gone up a sideroad in the mountains that you knew nothing about?Wonder how much it cost for the search?

rocksteady
04-20-2012, 10:03 AM
They were going through the Hartley Pass from Fernie over to the Sulphur Creek/Bull river area..Hell, that road is hardly passable in June....At least they were found safe and sound...

anglo-saxon
04-20-2012, 10:38 AM
If you are an idiot tourist heading to a town to visit friends why would you decide to bugger way the hell and gone up a sideroad in the mountains that you knew nothing about?Wonder how much it cost for the search?

Very good point. They were just naiive, I guess, but also very irresponsible.

It was the kids I felt sorry for. Not knowing if they'd ever see their parents again.