PDA

View Full Version : trail cameras

pro 111
04-15-2012, 10:27 PM
want to buy 4 new trail cameras. looking for easy to use , long battery life, with a viewing system built into the camera so you can check it out in the bush. Infra red flash . I am on the coast so fogging up may be an issue. Any tips would be great.
Thanks!

ianwuzhere
04-15-2012, 10:28 PM
i like the bushnell trophys- battery life =AA's are excellent.

upcomer
04-15-2012, 10:36 PM
Whatever you do don't buy the Tasco 5mp. Piece of junk never worked for me and their customer service (which is through bushnell) is garbage.

Jagermeister
04-15-2012, 10:42 PM
If you can find them, choose Swann's OutbackCam. Very small and compact and are quite in-expensive. Will take up to a 32GB card.

adamgarbett
04-16-2012, 04:55 AM
Primos works for me

pro 111
04-16-2012, 06:26 AM
Thanks guys! , Good to know the bad things as well.
Have a good week.

Cyrus
04-16-2012, 05:11 PM
Costco.ca sells the stealth cam 8mp for $100..good price imo. I like my Primos and one of the 2 moultries I own. Don't cheap out too much as some are real garbage and it sucks when you get a pic of a nice buck and everyhitng is blurred.

goinghunting
04-16-2012, 05:34 PM
I like my bushnell trophy's, they have a screen for viewing but much prefer swapping chips and looking at them on a camera or even better a computer if you can wait that long? Only downfall is at really low temps they quit working?

My brother is using the primos truthcam 35 less then half the price of the bushnell, bigger, no screen for viewing but great camera. For the price I'd go with the primo's?

Stay away from the stealth cams I had one paid alot of money for it and it was a complete piece of junk.

RayHill
04-16-2012, 05:55 PM
If you can find them, choose Swann's OutbackCam. Very small and compact and are quite in-expensive. Will take up to a 32GB card.

London Drugs sells these cams in the camera show cases I never used them before though, I'm a Bushnell guy

Darksith
04-16-2012, 06:09 PM
don't worry about in camera display system, just bring your digi camera with you and swap out SD Card. Moultrie is what I use and they work awesome. I just swap out SD cards since they are pretty cheap. That way I can always get all my pics home to show off around some drinks.

todbartell
04-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Another vote for swapping SD cards with empty ones. Using the in screen viewer on a Bushnell Trophy Cam is a slow process. If you must have a viewer, check out the Leupold RX series of cams which have a viewer you hook into the cam to download pics and view them.

Jeff88
04-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Another vote for swapping SD cards with empty ones. Using the in screen viewer on a Bushnell Trophy Cam is a slow process. If you must have a viewer, check out the Leupold RX series of cams which have a viewer you hook into the cam to download pics and view them.

agreed ,viewing a couple hundred pics on the screen takes forever ,and the view is too small ..i just bring along my laptop and view them when i get back to the truck..

kootenayhunter270
04-16-2012, 09:58 PM
i have a moultree and i have been using the same batteries for the last five years.

TheProvider
04-16-2012, 10:02 PM
swap the memory cards. I got a moultrie m100 forsale... not complaints about them I'm just getting into custom cams

OutWest
04-16-2012, 10:07 PM

x2 on this. Great cameras that also shoot great quality.

Drop_Tine
04-17-2012, 10:49 AM
Uway Nx 50 ... Awesome options .. Look em up ... I love the real time display screen , you can see exactly where you camera is pointed ... Give uway a call they often have specials on there cameras .. You wont go wrong , the AA bateries last for 6 months , and i use lithium in winter ... No issues !!!

pro 111
04-17-2012, 09:13 PM
Thanks for all the info guys. This has given me some god things to think about I will keep you posted.

thatskindafunny
04-18-2012, 08:26 AM
i have a moultree and i have been using the same batteries for the last five years.

My partner has a moultree and it is out in the bush 24/7. He gets about 8 months out of his battery. Been chewed on bears more that once. Hole right through it, patch with silicon and still works. I on the otherhand have a bushnell and have stopped using it as the battery life is 3 weeks tops. Going to wait until I get a moultree.