PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know who flies into Prophet River ?

Robert
04-14-2012, 11:10 PM
Does anybody know who would fly in to the upper Prophet River ? other than Urs at Muncho Lake lodge.

Only a super cub is needed, going solo. Lookin for sheep, elk , moose. One way only, taking raft down stream.

cheers

bridger
04-15-2012, 06:37 AM
Villers air fort Nelson flys in there. Have you done this trip before? Need to portage around the falls below the air strip might want to hunt below the falls save some work. Where are you planning on pick up?

BCHunterTV
04-15-2012, 06:43 AM
Fillers air fort Nelson

i use to go with Villers Air, land on the gravel bar way back

bridger
04-15-2012, 06:50 AM
Villars air fort Nelson. There is a falls downstream that you need to portage might want to hunt below them to save a ton of work. Also be aware the prophet can be ddanerous in high water. Also a long float out to the prophet camp ground. If you can find a super cub there is a gravel bar above the mouth of Richards creek that the outfitter sometimes uses.villers will know about it.

Robert
04-16-2012, 10:42 AM
thanks for your replies.

Have not done this trip before, anything I need to know ?...I want to fly out of the Prophet River air strip. Will take 2 rafts, 9'6ft good for 830lbs and 8'6 good for 530lbs- these are light weight lake rafts nothing commercial, not much room in them Lookin for elk and sheep at the back end of Richards and Prophet.

How long of a raft trip down to the hwy do you figue ? 2 days maybe....

cheers

Cub Driver
04-26-2012, 10:15 AM
Suggest you also contact Larry Moody of Northward Air. See page 83 of the hunting and trapping regs.