PDA

View Full Version : Sheep Hunting the GOS in 3-31

Darksith
04-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Im not looking for any locations or anything, just wondering if anyone ever has any success hunting the GOS full curl ram in this region? It looks like its the same kind of terrain as around kamloops lake? Any info would be great. Thanks.

.330 Dakota
04-14-2012, 08:19 PM
Never hunted sheep there but have chased the odd mulie around that unit, and from what i've seen you are hard pressed to find a full curl ram in that area...if I am wrong I am sure someone will set me straight shortly

Darksith
04-14-2012, 08:29 PM
well I know its always hard to find a full curl b/c they always are brooming. Just curious about the actual hunt. I might have to venture up there just for s+?ts and giggles.

sarg
04-14-2012, 08:41 PM
havnt seen any full curl rams yet, but i've seen alot of sheep around the big bar ferry area and u know if you poke around enough one should pop up soon or later:)

.330 Dakota
04-14-2012, 11:22 PM
havnt seen any full curl rams yet, but i've seen alot of sheep around the big bar ferry area and u know if you poke around enough one should pop up soon or later:)

Thats the spirit

swampthing
04-15-2012, 07:12 AM
When I lived in kamloops I spent time on that hunt every year. Never found one but as said, keep looking. Lots of private land was an issue I found.