PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in the snow.

blindbob
10-29-2006, 12:47 AM
I wouldn't want to be out hunting in the interior with all that snow.Thats tent flattening amounts of the white stuff.Good luck to anyone out in it.

BlacktailStalker
10-29-2006, 06:24 AM
I'd love to take some off their hands down here! Nothing like hunting the first snow fall.

30-06
10-29-2006, 08:20 AM
snowing here right now.we got aboout 3-4 inches and she's still coming:)

Ubertuber
10-29-2006, 08:37 AM
I'd much rather hunt in the snow than not. Dress for it and you're good to go.

30-06
10-29-2006, 08:40 AM
i love hunting in the snow also .im goin out at 3 or so.hopefully theres a good amount on the mountians.

Schmaus
10-29-2006, 09:23 AM
It snowed a little here yesterday nothing really stuck in town. I hear in Vanderhoof they got a foot?

trigger
10-29-2006, 02:17 PM
well it was the first snow fall and i hope its the last. It snowed for two days strait. i have 4 feet of snow in my back yard right now. its crazy. The power just got back on after being out for two days as well. I was cooking dinner on the coleman stove for the last two nights. Walking around in my house with my touque on. Anyways, its going to be tuff to hunt now. There is no road access to the bush what so ever. Most people are still snowed into their houses. hopefully in packs down a little bit so a guy can make the walks to the hunting holes a little bit shorter.

Mini_Me
10-29-2006, 03:17 PM
I'm just moved into the PG area from the Vancouver Island and I've never seen snow like this before. I was hopeing to go hunting this weekend. But I've no clothes to match the area now! All I have is green.

ellellbee
10-29-2006, 03:20 PM
Nothing like a fresh snowfall to let you know those fresh tracks are really fresh. The deer and moose just don't blend into the landscape as well with a nice white backdrop.

brotherjack
10-29-2006, 03:37 PM
Speaking of snowfall - anyone peeked outside in the south-east kootenay's today? Winter has definitely arrived...

Dragginbait
10-29-2006, 04:13 PM
I'm from Victoria and in Canal Flats right now, I was planning on heading home tomorrow, but it snowed like crazy this morning so I went for a little drive to see if anything was moving and I saw turkeys, nice bull elk and lots of deer track that looked like they were prowling for some female company. So I'm going to go into Cranbrook in the morning for some real tires and am going to go have another look. Hopefully I can stay out until dark because there is going to be a birthday party for a 7 year old here tomorrow with 15 other kids running around. So if I can keep my sanity until tomorrow night I'll let you all know what happens in the snow !!!

greenhorn hunter
10-29-2006, 04:51 PM
new tires ? I thought that truck doubled as a logskider , good luck.

Poguebilt
10-29-2006, 04:57 PM
I just got in from hunting!

over 8" were I was.... it was almost whiteout for a bit here and there!!

jaeger
10-29-2006, 07:41 PM
just got home from a weekend in the bush. Woke up to a skiff of fresh snow up at Solco Lake 8-1 did not see a thing in two days. I guess they were holed up for the weather change!

Poguebilt
10-29-2006, 07:55 PM
things got really bad in the east kootenays!

I just got back from 3 mva's (im with Cranbrook hwy rescue) and saw another half dozen in ditches!!!

eric
10-29-2006, 08:14 PM
I think we got you all beat, up here in Tumbler Ridge damn near 2.5 to 3ft of the white stuff is on the ground, higher then the tires on the wifes mini van.
I know when it settles it will only be a foot or so, but WOW does it look bad right now. It is going to make for tuff walking when deer season opens on the 1st

~T-BONE~
10-29-2006, 08:46 PM
Myself and my hunting partners didn't mind being hung up in that snow storm this morning in region 8. After a while it let up and we were able to locate more deer than I could shake a stick at! 56! 7of those being bucks! Not any ruttin activity but with all the snow catching them with the naked eye was sinch. One of those on a high mountain top on the west side avoiding the wind stood a 160 class buck! Too far for the boys and not trophy enough for myself. What an awesome day!

mikesaj
10-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Myself and my hunting partner where out this weekend in 8-9, he bagged a nice 4X4 Mule last night, went back up this morning and couldn't believe it. About 3 inches in the Allendale lake area. Seen alot of white tail moving around, was a nice change from seeing all the dry timber so far. Almost got my first deer , but decided to not shoot through a small tree. With everything moving today, I'm pretty excited about being able to get something soon.

Steeleco
10-29-2006, 09:32 PM
Went this morning to the hills above the Toll plaza on the Coq. A couple of guys that were fishing close by said there was nothing at midnight. By daybreak it was a mess. Horizontal snow and fallen trees all over the place.
We almost got stuck once, a good thing I've good tires, the winch was frozen solid. I had 6" of snow on the roof when I got home. Was a FUGLY day!! Not an animal to be seen.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/Snow_.jpg

Still better than a good day at work though!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sparkymacker
10-29-2006, 10:06 PM
We were up above Penticton all day, nothing was moving except hunters. They will probably be running around tomorrow though, as I have to go to work!

sawmill
10-30-2006, 10:20 AM
things got really bad in the east kootenays!

I just got back from 3 mva's (im with Cranbrook hwy rescue) and saw another half dozen in ditches!!!
I might have been one of them,an SUV was coming down the hiway sidways at me so I picked a spot and just drove over the bank.Sucks but it sure beat dying.The SUV ended upside down on the other side,but the driver was fine.