PDA

View Full Version : FORT SAINT JAMES/from New Zealand

Te Anau
04-13-2012, 01:21 AM
Hi Guys,
Looking for a place to rent up in or around fort saint james for the season,wife ,me and two kids.We'd consider anything(log cabin would be good) if anyone knows of anything up there, please let me know.wife is working there if we can get accommodation and we're all going up for the season.1st may till end September.If anyone can help me out it'll come around if you're ever down under in NZ with some hunts(Red deer,Thar, Chamois and fishing trips(brown trout fly fishing) what ever you prefer,we're always out and about.
Cheers Nathan.

The Dude
04-13-2012, 03:04 AM
Hi Guys,
Looking for a place to rent up in or around fort saint james for the season,wife ,me and two kids.We'd consider anything(log cabin would be good) if anyone knows of anything up there, please let me know.wife is working there if we can get accommodation and we're all going up for the season.1st may till end September.If anyone can help me out it'll come around if you're ever down under in NZ with some hunts(Red deer,Thar, Chamois and fishing trips(brown trout fly fishing) what ever you prefer,we're always out and about.
Cheers Nathan.

Damn, makes me wish I had a place to rent ya! Look in Craiglist around Prince George, or put an ad in "Apt wanted to rent".
I take it you want a furnished place? If not, I know a cool cabin for sale, unfurnished, that the owner might rent you.

Steeleco
04-13-2012, 08:08 AM
Take a peak here http://www.places4rent.com/search/search.asp?LOCID=196

Sitkaspruce
04-13-2012, 08:16 AM
PM Sent

Cheers

SS

Te Anau
04-13-2012, 10:18 AM
thanks Dude,Steeleco,and Sitkaspruce.It's defiantly not loaded with rentals around there that's for sure.Reds stag are roaring there heads off here at the moment.

04-13-2012, 10:38 AM
I dont live anywhere near FSJ, have no idea how to help you at all,,,,, but.....
Man i dream of going to your Country and Fly'n the Browns or any other fish! It is the only Country i truely want to go to.

Good luck up in FSJ, there im sure is a tonne of stuff to do there. If you make your way to Vancouver Island and want a remote Steelhead river let me know. Or if you want to Fly the Cowichan for Canadian Browns!

Ridgeback Fan
04-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Check your PMs. Think I know people who can set you up.

Ridgeback Fan
04-13-2012, 11:25 AM
My brother talked my wife and I into going to New Zealand and once there (about four months) we seriously considered moving. Since it is a commonwealth country, it woud actually be pretty easy for me to make the switch but the other side of the world is just too far from family.

BCRiverBoater
04-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Could help you around Fort St. John but not Fort St. James.

Te Anau
04-13-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks River Boater,already have work at James.Cheers though.

Te Anau
04-13-2012, 11:37 AM
is that a sturgeon,LB's please?

quaywe
04-13-2012, 12:30 PM
Hi Nathan,
Sent you a PM
Geoff

Te Anau
04-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Hmmmmm, didn't show up Geoff.Might need to flick it on again.Cheers

The Dude
04-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Ah Jeez, I feel a Haka coming on.....

Ridgeback Fan
04-13-2012, 01:15 PM
is that a sturgeon,LB's please?

Fraser River white sturgeon. Come by in July and hear about it over a beer.

Te Anau
04-13-2012, 01:32 PM
You're on,what a fish.

quaywe
04-13-2012, 01:51 PM
new pm sent...

me haka? nope too fat, too old, too tired : )

Te Anau
04-14-2012, 12:02 AM
HEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPP we need a place to rent even if temporary until will can find something else,don't make me beg!One of you guys must no someone with a cabin around there.

beeker
04-14-2012, 12:08 AM
Maybe check out places around Vanderhoof too, not too far away...Just a thought

The Dude
04-14-2012, 12:12 AM
Did you email that link I sent you?

Don't make me do THIS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9VzUBBq5ow&feature=fvwrel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9VzUBBq5ow&feature=fvwrel)

Te Anau
04-14-2012, 12:26 AM
you're a funny bugger .Great game.

Tried everywhere at the Fort, now looking down at vanderhoof.

The Dude
04-14-2012, 12:30 AM
Well at least I'm not a Bunny Hugger. :D :D Too bad, wish there was more i could do. I would just keep on with the internet searches, or even find a service that locates rentals for you. I think the owner pays the fees, not you anyway.

jales4
04-14-2012, 08:18 AM
Try contacting these people, for a rental in Vanderhoof: http://princegeorge.en.craigslist.ca/apa/2955644028.html
Good luck!

Te Anau
04-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Thanks,I will.Vanderhoof is really to far from the airport at sort saint James,the cost of travel will kill the pocket ,but may be our only option. Cheers (we'd need 2 vehicles as well)

jales4
04-15-2012, 10:01 AM
Fort St. James is a 45 minute drive from Vanderhoof, on highway, so it really won't be that expensive to travel back and forth. Many people do the commute daily for work - perhaps you can leave your vehicle there and carpool.

Te Anau
04-28-2012, 01:21 PM
Well made it to fort saint james,what a place, been raining for 4 days that we've been here,mud and slush all over the place ,flooded bloody creeks,cold as,but wait,i've seen a couple a dozen white tail ,doz mule,loads of water foul and watched a cow and calf moose from the trailer(with no water or power) at 200m while having another cup of the best coffee i've had to my lips .Parked up 30m from the river edge,few fish swirling on the serface last evening,must say it's not looking bad at all.
One catch at the moment though and thats the accomadation thing,theres a new mine underway and rental houses are scarcer than stone sheep around here,if anyone knows of anything ,even a log cabin we're keen,doesn't need power just water and something to cook on as we've got 2 we kids in toe,knocked on every door for sale and posted wanted notices all over the show,if anyone has the smallest lead or anything please let us know.what a place though!

Cheers Nath

hfc
04-28-2012, 04:28 PM
I was on OminecaOnline.com and saw this ad, I think it is still up. It is in Vanderhoof Hope it works for you.http://princegeorge.kijiji.ca/c-real-estate-house-rental-small-home-with-fenced-yard-W0QQAdIdZ374059223

hfc
04-28-2012, 04:30 PM
There is a video of wildlife on OminecaOnline.com that a friend of ours took from her yard. It is on the bottom of first page you should check it out.

Te Anau
04-28-2012, 07:56 PM
Thanks hfc,Vanderhoof was looking OK but work is 7 days a week on call with flights at random , many short notice,so it's not going to work for us.20 minutes drive would be the max from the fort air strip.Lots of places here for sale but non avaliable for rent,thanks for your help though.I'll checkout the clip.

Nath

Te Anau
05-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Hi you lot,ha thanks to everyone for suggestions and what not on getting a place for my family at the Fort.We're finally sorted for the end of may,just gotta get through may in this trailor with no running water or loo,it's a laugh a minute.Cheers and good luck with ya hunting.

Later Nath.