PDA

View Full Version : permit to accompany questions

buck nash
04-11-2012, 07:46 PM
My good friend is coming out from manitoba and would like to hunt moose. I've found the form on line and I meet all the requirements to host an out-of-province hunter. You have to choose your 3 M.U.s and submit them with your application.

My questions:

1 are you only allowed 1 species, or can he a get a mule deer and/or bear tag as well. The way I read it, it looks like you can get 3 tags but only one per M.U. or you can say moose for all three and get 1 tag or...:confused:??

2 how long does it take to process once sumitted and does everyone who qualifies get one

3 where's the best M.Us to bag a moose in late sept (not looking for gps co-ordinates just M.U.s) we'll go anywhere we can drive to. We were looking at region 6 due to "any bull" dates working with our time window.

Hope you guys can help out here.:-D

budismyhorse
04-11-2012, 08:12 PM
You can hunt whatever three species you choose in those mu's you choose. ..... As long as there is a season for them all coinciding with the dates you choose. They will approve your species and mus for you.The process can take a month or more.... 4 weeks is what they say to bank on. Can't help you in regards to your moose info pumping

sherpa-Al
04-11-2012, 09:36 PM
I've had problems with the online app. The version doesn't have a serial# but a carbon copy does that you can get from the gov agent and this number is required for the host license. Do yourself a favor and get the carbon copy application, I've had delays at the gov agent, and hassles after the hunt because of this online piece of c#@%.

Al.

buck nash
04-11-2012, 10:10 PM
"I've had problems with the online app. The version doesn't have a serial# but a carbon copy does that you can get from the gov agent and this number is required for the host license. Do yourself a favor and get the carbon copy application, I've had delays at the gov agent, and hassles after the hunt because of this online piece of c#@%."

Yeah I was gonna go down to the service bc office in mapleridge tomorrow. I've had issues with on-line gov forms myself. I prefer to do this kind of stuff in person now.

Elkaddict
04-11-2012, 10:30 PM
3 species per MU. From what I understand getting a approved to accompany a non res. depends on what species you apply for and what pressure/population exists in your requested MUs. Having said that, I have never been turned down on a request (WT. MD and elk in the EK). 3 to 4 weeks was a pretty typical turn around for approval. The girls at the Gov. Agent in MR are really good. They are very pleasant and have always known their stuff re: permits or non res licensing. Cheers.

XPEIer
04-12-2012, 06:49 AM
Also be prepared to pay up, if your buddy harvests a moose YOU must pay a royalty to the government for each species taken. They treat you the same as a guide now and this is a requirement. (load of crap in my mind, as you cannot charge a fee to take your buddy)

xpeier

buck nash
04-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Well they put the bill in my name but if he takes a moose he'll be paying the royalty.

So no one wants to point me in the right direction? Like I said I'm not looking for gps co-ordinates just a general area. I plan to do my research but would like to narrow the search so I can get this application going.

budismyhorse
04-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Maybe start a different thread about moose hunting spots ....the guys that may help you out may not be interested in looking at a thread or permit to accompany info......

Moose Guide
04-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Also be prepared to pay up, if your buddy harvests a moose YOU must pay a royalty to the government for each species taken. They treat you the same as a guide now and this is a requirement. (load of crap in my mind, as you cannot charge a fee to take your buddy)

xpeier

The hunter pays the trophy fee, not the guide!

nap
04-12-2012, 05:52 PM
This year coming up will be the 3rd year applying for the accompany to hunt for brothers from manitoba, the first time I put in for 2 different mu areas for 2 different species. Elk in 7-50 and moose in 7-24. They called and explained the rules, only one mu area, and with out any issues let me send in the proper paper work. Give yourself more time and if there are any problems they can be worked out. I send in the papers 3 months in advance. As for a spot for moose there is the early open season in 7b not sure of the dates but check the regs and just go North and have a great camping trip with your buds from mb, and if an animal is had thats the bonus.

hunter1947
04-13-2012, 02:25 AM
Go to Service BC they will tell you all you want to know and give you the forums to fill out..