PDA

View Full Version : Coquihala / Boston Bar Snowline?

Walkntalk
04-11-2012, 11:15 AM
For those that are driving the #5 and the #1 ... how's the snow looking? What do you think of the elevation for the snowline right about now? If you could even give me an idea of where you are seeing the snowline begin that would help too.

I'm trying to save a little bit on the old scouting gass bill here.

Thanks,

WnT

buck nash
04-11-2012, 01:39 PM
I don't know the exact elevations but I was poking around boston bar this past saturday. I went up Anderson main and got stopped by snow at about 4-5 km. I went to Nahatlatch park and got just inside the park boundary before the snow got deep for me. I didn't see any bears or sign of them but it was a nice day to take the gun for a walk. I bumped into a couple other guys and nobody saw any sign.

Looks like a couple weeks yet. Hope this helps.

sarg
04-11-2012, 02:51 PM
it is low, i was in the kane valley this weekend and i couldnt get to the lake i go to every easter becouse of the snow, i was talking to some FN guys and they couldn't get in to gillis lake becoues of the snow,still a few weeks away,
sarg

Walkntalk
04-12-2012, 05:03 AM
Thanks gents. Still doing yard work till May I guess!

RayHill
04-12-2012, 05:08 PM
The last week of April, I always start to see lots of bears.

trykillthis
04-13-2012, 09:21 PM
See a few this week in the valleys and near the tracks in boston bar.

Walkntalk
04-28-2012, 10:46 AM
An FYI for others as to general snow line now. Buddy just came back from driving the #3 and said the snow was patchy at around 1200m through Manning. He'd seen plenty deer, but no bruins yet.

Ltbullken
04-28-2012, 11:30 AM
Drove the Coq this week - still tons of snow with avalanches at the summit area.

Camp Cook
04-29-2012, 06:54 AM
I just heard on the news last night that this is the deepest snow pack in recorded history then they showed a map with th edeepest areas the Hope area was included = expect the snow levels to remain deep for a while now it is going to be around for awhile still.

They also stated that we are expecting higher than normal temp starting in May so be carefull of rivers flooding.

Oh happy day I now live on a flood plain...

bandit
04-29-2012, 05:38 PM
I just heard on the news last night that this is the deepest snow pack in recorded history

Flew in to YVR yesterday and the Fraser - Harrison area was just a whiteout. Not so bad north and east though.

open-sights
04-29-2012, 05:45 PM
Drove the Coq today, tons of Snow at the summit, weeks before the Rabbitt creek fsr will be accessable, but the Carolin mine road might be able to be accessed, looked relatively clear in the area, East side was clear from Ladner on in