PDA

View Full Version : Must be the Rut

JMac
10-27-2006, 10:18 PM
I'm sorry guys but it must be that time of year again.

WoodOx
10-27-2006, 10:38 PM
lmao

On a side note, I do think that mules are gettin there. Saw a young 3pt sniffin round a few does last night!

Doe See Doe
10-28-2006, 05:34 AM
You're lucky you still have your season to look forword to. I'm already done for the year :cry:

Fisher-Dude
10-28-2006, 02:03 PM
I'm sorry guys but it must be that time of year again. I get restless, I can't eat, can't sleep, and my neck is growin like you wouldn't believe! Seriously I've got 2 weeks of work left until I hit it hard from November 10 until early December. Hope everyone got the time they need to get it done this year! Good luck to you all!
p.s. the old lady is really sick of me chasin her around the house!

I'm glad you left out the part about rubbin your horn too.

Anyways, was out today, and saw 4 dink bucks in with 12 does. No bigger ones in with the ladies yet, so it's a tad early, but I bet those little guys are startin to stink real good! Haven't seen any big rubs yet either. I checked out some higher elevations and saw squat for tracks, so no doubt the bigger bucks are hanging tight on the remote north faces in the ESSF. Another week and they will start to prowl.

Marc
10-28-2006, 02:45 PM
I'm hoping I timed my vacation right for the rut. Ive got the 11th - 20th of November off so hopefully this is a good time for the Island. (over the malahat)

I've seen two bucks on the base in Esquimalt chassing does around but it doesn't don't look like the does are ready yet.

Marc.

bochunk2000
10-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Hey Marc my buddy saw a big fork by that boat shed he says he wishes they would let you guys take them. He got some good pics right near the stairs.

Marc
10-28-2006, 03:29 PM
There's a couple nice 4 points kicking around between the Dockyard and Naden, the only predators are cars so they're probably getting up in age.

I've heard that they neuter some of the deer so they don't over populate on the base.

quadrakid
10-28-2006, 04:27 PM
saw a fresh rub while walking the dog today that caused me to set up the treestand, big blacktail rub. it,s starting!!

WoodOx
10-28-2006, 09:46 PM
Aye, im thinking its getting there. Give it a week and I bet we start seeing those older guys sniffin around!

Probably right around the bigin of NOV well start seein some nice mature deer showin up on these boards! =D

JMac
10-29-2006, 10:28 AM
Went up Island yesterday for the day. Saw three big bucks on the new island highway in the dark driving up. One was runnin a doe hard the other two were just standin there dozin. On the island, I've always found the low elevation deer get going first, late October and early November.

Joe89
10-29-2006, 09:25 PM
Well up here in the Okanagan, the mule's are starting, last night my hunting partner got a 4x4 mule and he was stinky and the neck was swollen. I'll post a pick as soon as he downloads them off his camera

The Hermit
10-29-2006, 10:15 PM
On the southern island I've always counted November 11 as the best day! I figure that is right smack in the middle of the rut. In Blenkinsop Valley and Broadmead the rut is starting... I have a two BIG four points and a five point hanging around a lot.

Caveman
10-29-2006, 11:53 PM
Took my son out today, saw two, three points battling, one 150ish 4 point mule deer I passed on at 100 yds that could give a damn that we were there.:) Heard a couple idiots firing just before 6am this morning just as we were walking into a clearing I like to watch. A little early as far as I was concerned :mad: , they went for a little walk after whatever they shot at but gave up after about twenty minutes.

My son enjoyed it. Thought it was pretty cool to see the bucks up close, next year he'll have his Core, and I'll have a new hunting partner.:) This is the first year he has really shown some interest in it, but I never really got into it until I was 14.