PDA

View Full Version : Kamloops Gun show

paulo
04-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Can someone tell me the dates for the Kamloops gun show please? Thanks, Paul.

Jelvis
04-09-2012, 09:41 PM
April 21st 22nd in the North Shore of Kamloops City @ MacArther Island Park, Hockey Arena, North Shore by Skate Park.
Jelvi$ .. Best Gun Show in Town, Year after year with full parking lots, full of eager gun people's cars and trucks.
... Be there or be a square .. everyone whose anyone goes to "Kamloop's Gun Show" .. fuekinA .. show yer Gunz ...

paulo
04-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Thanks Jelvis. Yes, I know all about it as I have attende the last two years. You are correct, it is the best. Thanks again.

boxhitch
04-10-2012, 08:18 AM
That show could benefit by having some local talent show up
Jel, grab a mike !

bighornbob
04-10-2012, 09:25 AM
That show could benefit by having some local talent show up
Jel, grab a mike !

You coming up??? If you are you can help me move some concrete and signs:):)

BHB

Cyrus
04-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Was thinking of checking this out this weekend. I have never gone to one...I am guessing it is possible to pick up a used gun at this show??

Boner
04-16-2012, 05:44 PM
Way bigger than the one in PG. I asked a vendor why, and he said that alot of them can't afford the time or gas to go to Prince George since alot of them are from back East, even Saskatchewan. From what I've seen at the Kamloops gun show over the years, I'm guessing it to be 4 times bigger than ours up here, but I still enjoy myself at the PG one, and get decent deals from some of the vendors.

Jelvis
04-16-2012, 05:50 PM
No place to park after it begins, parking lot is crammed full and over flowing at the Kamloops Gun Show.

Tack243
04-16-2012, 06:00 PM
So where are the Hunting BC boys going to get together.........

REMINGTON JIM
04-16-2012, 06:01 PM
Was thinking of checking this out this weekend. I have never gone to one...I am guessing it is possible to pick up a used gun at this show??

YUPP ! just watch the pricing and usually day 2 has the better buys - they don't want to pack it up and take it all home ! :-D Cheers RJ

timberhunter
04-16-2012, 06:33 PM
So where are the Hunting BC boys going to get together.........

Make sure you guys stop by my tables and say hi.
Look for the Omaproducts banner hanging off the glass.
Going to be a great show with the registry gone.
I'm going to have at least one table completely full of guns for sale :)

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEE :)

4 point
04-16-2012, 07:32 PM
I bet with no more registry way more sales IF pricing is fair.

dino
04-17-2012, 08:01 AM
are handguns for sale there?

lovemywinchester
04-17-2012, 08:25 AM
I bet with no more registry way more sales IF pricing is fair.

Pricing never seems fair on used guns. Im not sure if people realize how inexpensive new guns are. $500 for a 40 year old Parker hale or $350 for a brand new Savage? Easy choice in my book. Looking forward to the show to have a look anyways.

bighornbob
04-17-2012, 08:30 AM
YUPP ! just watch the pricing and usually day 2 has the better buys - they don't want to pack it up and take it all home ! :-D Cheers RJ

If you are looking to buy a gun, really know your prices. On a lot of the newer stuff, you can sometimes find it cheaper at WSS and its brand new. A lot of the venders carry the same new guns that they bought a few years ago from show to show and still want what they paid for them.

You are correct about better deals on the second day. As I live there I go both days and I have seen guns that were originally priced at $3800 on Saturday selling for $2500 on Sunday. It begs the question if he can move that much on the price why not just sell it for $3000 right from the opening and maybe sell it.

BHB

Grousedaddy
04-17-2012, 08:19 PM
Yes handguns are available there... The cfo is pretty backed up though ive been waiting on the paperwork for my glock for a month now so its slow!!!!

Fisher-Dude
04-17-2012, 08:54 PM
The most common phrase at the Penticton show on Saturday: "Are they frikken dreaming with these prices?"

Prices within $100 of new guns for a used one with unknown rounds down the tube is utterly ridiculous.

I walked out with a can of Wipeout, nothing else. Hopefully Kamloops will have more reasonable expectations by the vendors.

ufishifish2
04-17-2012, 09:51 PM
I have been attending the Kamloops Gun Show for many years. I find that most vendors seem to want to show off their collection and talk guns, but due to posted prices, they really don't seem to want to sell anything. There are a few exceptions, but not very many! Beware of the old retired guys, they typically are the worst.
Either way it is a great time with tonnes of great stuff on display. Looking forward to it again!!!

Cyrus
04-17-2012, 10:18 PM
Ya found out today that this shows exhibitors have a history of selling used guns for the price of new ones...will take a walk through and look around but won't stay long if its a rip off.

bc traper
04-19-2012, 07:40 AM
Is anybody going to Kamloops Gun show

bassplayer
04-19-2012, 07:45 AM
The most common phrase at the Penticton show on Saturday: "Are they frikken dreaming with these prices?"

Prices within $100 of new guns for a used one with unknown rounds down the tube is utterly ridiculous.

I walked out with a can of Wipeout, nothing else. Hopefully Kamloops will have more reasonable expectations by the vendors.

I totally agree with you FD. I was there on Saturday and Sunday at the Penticton one. Everybody i talked to there said the same thing as you. The only good thing about it was that there were less antiques and dream catcher garbage. I almost figured the used guns would of been a steal of a deal because i figured they would just want to be rid of them after hiding them from the registry for so long.

Gary

boxhitch
04-19-2012, 09:30 AM
I've had both good and bad visits
Don't just go by the tags, make a serious offer. If you just walk through looking for the 50% off tags, its a waste of time.
Vendors are good at spotting browsers and buyers, and when serious, deals can be made..........sometimes

Still chuckle at the guy with the 3 custom guns
'just want to get rid of them' , 'selling for a friend', 'has to move them soon'
Seen him at atleast 4 shows over two years, no dickering on price

MaxQtime
04-19-2012, 07:30 PM
I'm planning on heading up there on Saturday, It'll be my first gun show, I can't wait to see it.

timberhunter
04-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Even though I am a vendor I have to agree.
Most gun shows are just that "SHOWS"

Any of my own guns I take I put a price of what I think will sell. Reasonable.
We all want to do well with our sales. But as it has been said before, many guns go to show after show after show.
I would get bored packing up the same guns for every show.
Best advice is to be aware of what guns are going for on the open market. Ie gunnutz.
If the gun is listed and has four pages of bumps obviously its over priced.
I usually go up $50 on the price I really want to sell a gun for. A little room for bartering so to say.
But then I have guns on my table that other people own. They put the price on it and I have to stick to that price.
Just because you only feel like paying $250 for a gun, and the seller has it listed for $500 does not mean he is to high on his price. Maybe they do sell for $500. Thats where you have to do the research before the show and know the going price.

See you guys there.

REMINGTON JIM
04-19-2012, 09:03 PM
My take on GUN shows is this ! Did you take your product-stuff-etc to SELL it or SHOW it ??? Prices have to be resonable or whats the point except for something very rare then its a sellers market :wink:

Cheers :) RJ

Camp Cook
04-20-2012, 07:17 AM
I'm not able to go this year = my 70 + year old mom is having a hip replacement operation today so I will be hanging out visiting her at the UBC hospital most of tomorrow (Sat) and I scheduled extra work for all of Sunday...

Oh well I have been buying bullets from TB/gun components/scopes/T/C Contender barrels and just yesterday one of the first OD green Robinson Arms FAST butt stocks for my XCR-L shipped from Wolverine the importer for Robinson Arms and in the last 2 weeks I have sunk an additional $10,000 into my new landscaping/pressure washing business.

So the last thing I need to do right now is go to the show and see more stuff that I can't live without... :rolleyes:

bassplayer
04-20-2012, 09:14 AM
Make sure you guys stop by my tables and say hi.
Look for the Omaproducts banner hanging off the glass.
Going to be a great show with the registry gone.
I'm going to have at least one table completely full of guns for sale :)

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEE :)
I'll be there tomorrow TH. I'll make sure to stop in and see you.

Cyrus
04-21-2012, 12:01 PM
WOW...very busy at this place!! Drove in around 930 and the line up of people was almost around the corner...no parking anywhere. Figured it wasn't worth the wait to get in if it was likely gonna be a 15 min walk through and out again. Maybe tomorrow....Just an observation...but is it neccesary to wear camo to a gun show? I felt underdressed....

Jelvis
04-21-2012, 12:14 PM
Free parking and a ATM @ the Kamloops Antique and Gun Show on the Nor Shore .. MacCarthur Island

RiverBear
04-21-2012, 02:27 PM
just got back from the show spent 3 hrs looking around. Some good deals, some crazy expensive. The ticket it to know what it's worth before going. I got 2 boxs of 260gr .375 for 50 bucks each $ 7 cheaper than wss.

Marlin375
04-21-2012, 03:12 PM
LOTS of folks walking around with freshly purchased guns.....the ones priced to sell were selling.

Crazy_Farmer
04-21-2012, 03:43 PM
Came back with a bunch of collectible thingys. Good day, always fun. One guy from cgn was there with his collection of antique colt saa. Damn impressive. I was drooling over the nickel 4 3/4" ones. My 5.5" blued is nice but not that nice. Good to talk to him in person after over PMs for the past couple years.

knighthunter
04-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Kinda short notice, I know. Anybody taking in the show today and coming back to Surrey/Langley? Any chance you might be able to pick me up 2 pair or even a pack of Chigaco Screws? At a reasonal price. If it happens, thanks.

Cyrus
04-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Hit the show at 430 yesterday..guessing by then anything that was a deal was gone. A couple of guns sparked my interest but were near the price of a new one and not nearly in new condition. A lot bigger than I thought it would be.

Good Old Outdoors
04-22-2012, 09:33 PM
I spent a whopping $50 on a spotting scope, looked a little rough but its clean and works great. Felt kinda wrong to leave a gun show without a gun, its kinda like leaving the bar sober...... pointless haha but I had a good time.

boxhitch
04-22-2012, 09:44 PM
2 pair or even a pack of Chigaco Screws?Like the type available at a saddle or tack store , for leather ? Didn't see any.

knighthunter
04-22-2012, 09:48 PM
Like the type available at a saddle or tack store , for leather ? Didn't see any.

OK, Thanks

timberhunter
04-23-2012, 08:20 AM
We had an excellent show. Saturday was nuts.
Ended up selling around 15 guns off the table between the three of us. I guess we had decent prices. Only brought home 2 that did not sell.
Did pretty good with bullet sales as well.
Met a few from HBC. Thanks for stopping by.
Wish I could do it all over again next weekend.

boxhitch
04-23-2012, 03:11 PM
Whats next ? Lumby in June ?

Boner
04-23-2012, 03:46 PM
PG May 5th and 6th.