PDA

View Full Version : Whats the true meaning of a hunter?

browningboy
10-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Going through some other threads and you find opinions that are quite different, some say that 99% of hunters are bad at hunting because they ride a quad or road hunt or just plain lazy, some say that you need to bag a trophy to be a hunter and others say you have to hike all day to be a hunter. Whats the deal, I thought the scope of hunting was to go into the woods (somehow) and enjoy yourself and if you bag something, you got some bbqing coming up for the year! Most hunters I come across in the bush feel the same, so what up here?:|

dana
10-27-2006, 09:49 PM
Browning Boy,
Are you one of those guys on here that can't read or you just like to make $hit up like me? :)

JMac
10-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Hey like the saying goes "different strokes for different folks".

browningboy
10-27-2006, 09:54 PM
Dana, your last thread was to the point but got carried away fast ( with me included:) ), but I know that not everyone on here does what they say and I thought actually to start some sh*t up, you got to admit, its fun as well.

rock
10-27-2006, 09:56 PM
A day in the bush is better then a day at work no matter what happens.

dana
10-27-2006, 09:58 PM
BB,
Hell, at well over 4000 views, it sure is fun to stir the ol' pot. Some people sure take things WAYYYY TOOOO SERIOUS. :)

Marc
10-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Stiring the shit can be fun for you guys but it can be a real pain in the arse for me to put out the spot fires when I try and put the fire out. :D

I'm quite impressed how civilized things have been going. Have fun but keep it clean.

Marc.

BIGHUNTERFISH
10-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Unless you have a good looking secretary who likes fly fishing.:lol:

dana
10-27-2006, 10:02 PM
Marc,
I am impressed to see that you guys are able to keep the fun going. On other sites it can get shut down way too fast. ;)

browningboy
10-27-2006, 10:03 PM
Sounds like Marc got wrestlemania on his hands:lol:
If you can get people to "snap" at each other, they will also recognize where others are seeing fault with what they may be doing???? I don't know but what the hell, go out and have some fun in the woods!:twisted:

BIGHUNTERFISH
10-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Dana,you hurt my feelings''YOUR BANNED''8-)

steel_ram
10-27-2006, 10:11 PM
A good hunter is a person who can be dropped anywhere, and through his or her wits, and physical endurance, close with and get in range of their quarry and then maybe say, "I got you, I don't need to fill my tag today."

Not somebody that jet's up a river, takes a little walk up a hill and blasts the bejesus out of some tame mountain sheep that has never seen a human before.

Stir...stir

browningboy
10-27-2006, 10:18 PM
A good hunter is a person who can be dropped anywhere, and through his or her wits, and physical endurance, close with and get in range of their quarry and then maybe say, "I got you, I don't need to fill my tag today."

The above is quoted from last post.
Tough for some as distances come into factors and you can't scout etc., you may go back to the ol spot and bingo, clearcut, trails gone etc.

Stir the pot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:twisted:

000buck
10-27-2006, 10:41 PM

Not somebody that jet's up a river, takes a little walk up a hill and blasts the bejesus out of some tame mountain sheep that has never seen a human before.

Stir...stir

Thats the meaning of a true woodsman or survivalist and sportsman.

To me the true meaning of being a hunter is to be able to locate and humanely harvest non contaminated (organic) meat to feed my family while relishing in the fact that your quest gives you the opportunity to explore all the grandure of nature and the experiances it holds. The kill is only 1/100 of a second of a hunt. the memories and experiances are a lifetime.

mainland hunter
10-28-2006, 12:17 AM
anyone who gets out in the woods and respects their environment and quarry IMO

J_T
10-30-2006, 03:17 PM
Well, as I have found it, a hunter, has his eyes located in the front of his head, while prey, have their eyes located on the sides of their head.

I'm a hunter. At any time of year anywhere. It's not a sport, it is a state of mind, and perhaps a way of life.

JT

abbyfireguy
10-30-2006, 04:04 PM

Stir...stir

I guess that means I better sell my jet boat(not that I use it for hunting),,,somehow I think not...
Silly comments really...:smile:
Hunting has many forms, and I use many different methods as do most people here...
Turd disturber ....:wink:

mtnmax
10-30-2006, 04:25 PM
What makes a hunter?????,,,,,,,,,,
Anyone who leagally goes out to harvest some animals while also respecting nature and the laws that govern the sport. To me this is the simple version. There are types of hunters that vary from unlawfull to sit in your truck to drop out of a plane in the middle of nowhere. I have found I only hunt with people who hunt like me and at the same time do not think that the guy sitting in his truck all day is not a hunter. He is a different type of hunter.

my opinion.

Will
10-30-2006, 05:06 PM
Dana,you hurt my feelings''YOUR BANNED''8-)
Good to see You're still Funny.........:|

I Hunt for Myself....Period.
If I Bag a Trophy even Better but I'm never disappointed........
The Little ones taste better anyways ! :lol:

todbartell
10-30-2006, 05:10 PM
Hunter :
–noun 1.a person who hunts game or other wild animals for food or in sport.

so, as long as you're doing everything legally, you're a hunter. 8-)

BCrams
10-30-2006, 05:52 PM
The Little ones taste better anyways ! :lol:

Will's classic excuse for not shooting a big one. :lol:

Caveman
10-30-2006, 06:31 PM
I use this one on my sister-inlaw when she bitches about me killing an innocent animal. Just Because You Pay Someone To Do Your Dirty Doesn't Make It Right. A hunter is someone who will take his game as humanely as possible and with respect, to provide for his or her family in fair chase.

Will
10-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Will's classic excuse for not shooting a big one. :lol:
LMAO !
Classic ? I've only used that one Once !......last year for my last day Lil 4x4:wink:
Of course this Year I'll be Shooting Something in the 200" Plus "Hero" Class then rush Home to Post Pics for all the "Slackers" that can't get the Job done ! :twisted:

:lol: