PDA

View Full Version : Blackie in my yard!

Gunner
04-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Well I know for sure the local bears are out now,there's a 5 1/2 footer grazing in my lower yard right now.I had to go out and take my bird feeders in,if they find them they tear them up pretty good.I've got my new licence and a bear tag but this one already has rubs so he's safe enough unless he's a problem bear! Gunner

alpinetreker
04-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Nice, Just let them come to you.

91Jason91
04-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Nice man, Next time take a pic and post em up =)

Gunner
04-09-2012, 09:24 PM
From spring through fall most years I have 8 or 10 bears come through my place.Usually a mixed bag,one year I had a big boar kill a whitetail fawn below the house,I guess I should have whacked him he wasn't much afraid of me.I see a couple of sows with cubs most years and in 2002 I had a 3yr. old grizzly up above the barn.None have ever caused any trouble so I don't bother them. I've got a great video of a little dink doing a trapeze act to get at my bird feeder,I ended up shooting him in the ass with my retriever dummy gun to get rid of him.By then my Labs had treed him 1/2 a dozen times!:mrgreen: Gunner

Vanguard
04-10-2012, 12:46 AM
yup same here, they've been living in a little section of bush between 5 houses and a unit of townhouses for the past 4 years, 1st year I saw them was a big blackie, the next year was a cinnamon and the past two have been a sow with older cubs, we would see them almost everyday straight from may-september, no one's ever had a problem with them... the only thing i dont like is picking up their scat the next morning in my backyard cause i gotta mow the lawn. I tell you its not as bad as dog crap though.

Vanguard
04-10-2012, 12:48 AM
same here, they've been living in a little section of bush between 5 houses and a unit of townhouses for the past 4 years, 1st year I saw them was a big blackie, the next year was a cinnamon and the past two have been a sow with older cubs, we would see them almost everyday straight from may-september, no one's ever had a problem with them... the only thing i dont like is picking up their scat the next morning in my backyard cause i gotta mow the lawn. I tell you its not as bad as dog crap though.

boxhitch
04-10-2012, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the report Gunner
Will go for a drive once the power line is melted out.

twr
04-11-2012, 08:39 AM
so you bait them with bird feeders, and when they are not big enough you bring the bird feeders in, hoping he moves along and a bigger one comes along. need to know what kind of bird seed ur using. lol this is a joke of course!