PDA

View Full Version : Turkey contest team #2 2012

bcbrez
04-09-2012, 08:00 AM
Ok, TOMMY GUNNERS this is your page to post pictures, scores and anything else you want to talk about between your selves.
Remeber to post a picture along with the score of your bird here and on the 2012 Spring Turkey Contest Scores thread.
Here is the link to the NWTF scoring calculator - http://www.nwtf.org/all_about_turkeys/turkey_score.html (http://www.nwtf.org/all_about_turkeys/turkey_score.html)

Team score: 0

Team members;

300H&H
Rackmastr
ryancoe6
JoshCampbell
triggr31
SavageShooter
DaDukez
Command
Lil Bow Pete

bcbrez
04-09-2012, 11:11 AM
For the guys who noticed. The teams got changed around this morning. It started out at 5 teams of nine but as soon as I posted the team threads more people wanted into the contest. So I put the new guys into team 6 and then added one guy randomly selected by the guys I work with from each of the other teams. Team #6 is still down one person so they will get anyone still to sign up.

Sorry for any confusion.
Nick.

Rackmastr
04-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Alright Team 2....we gotta think of a few good names and find one that works!!!

SavageShooter
04-09-2012, 05:38 PM
a) The bearded bunch
b) The Spurs
c) The Tommy Gunners
d) The Struttin' Eight
Just a few off the top of my head.

SS

Rackmastr
04-09-2012, 11:22 PM
Haha those are some great ones!!

I kinda like the Tommy Gunners most out of those choices, will try and come up with a few tomorrow morning over a cup of coffee....

DaDukez
04-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Hey fellow teammates, first year hunting turkey hard. Any pointers for setup and bringing them in. I'm an archery bum, so I'll be flinging arrows around. Seen my first Tom action the other day and my bloods are pumping to get out.... As for the names.. I like the tommy gunners, but will think of more later.

Happy hunting!

300H&H
04-10-2012, 11:26 PM
Hi Team !
Where is everyone from ?
Me - Im in Kelowna
I will be heading out early Sunday morning to my ultra secret turkey spot 3km up Christian Vally road and by the big tree in the field.
If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you here in Kelowna, almost new with very lite usage.
Sundays hunt will be for Dad & I but if any of you need someone to call for you just let me know and if the timing works we can go out.
As far as a team name...Im good with anything as long as we kick the other teams a$$es !
We are going to have a tough time beating team #1, to many WK & EK guys.

300H&H
04-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Thunder Chickens !!!

Rackmastr
04-11-2012, 11:35 AM
I'm from Cranbrook. I chased turkeys a few years back when I was a non-resident but this year I'll be spending some more time at it for sure. I'll be heading out next weekend and the weekend after, and then will have the first part of May if needed as well.

I'm going to try and hold out for a decent Tom. Something that looks good on the wall and with some size. If any of you guys are down around the Cranbrook way and want to get out just give me a shout!

JoshCampbell
04-11-2012, 04:35 PM
I am from castlegar, first year hunting turkeys, but have a few spots to check, limited hunting time as I am in the road most of the week working but my free days will be chasing turkeys and black bears

bcbrez
04-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Hey Josh do you know Dustin Command from Castlegar at all? He's a welder at Celgar and on your team.

bcbrez
04-12-2012, 07:38 AM
Hey team #2 you've picked up another teammate. Welcome Lil Bow Pete to your team.

Any ideas on your team name yet?

Rackmastr
04-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Welcome Bow Pete to the team!!!

I'm still a fan of Tommy Gunners out of all the names posted......

A couple others I like are....

- Cluckin' Killers
- Eatin Crow
- Cut and Run
- Jake Break

Its tough thinking of something turkey related haha.....

Alright guys...lets pick one and get to it!

SavageShooter
04-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Tommy Gunners has my vote.
Oh and by the way I am from Castlegar as well, so it looks like we got a pretty strong Castlegar contingent.

SS

Rackmastr
04-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Got my vote as well.....hoping the other guys chime in as well and cast a vote or think of some names...

Lil Bow Pete
04-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Tommy Gunners sounds good to me. I'm from Kamloops and also a bow hunter but I think I will get a few more birds with the scatter gun before I try it with a bow. Danm birds are too spooky to draw on. Gotta get more expierience before I try for one with my bow. Will be hunting around Rock Creek this Sunday. Good luck to team #2.

300H&H
04-12-2012, 11:45 PM
Tommy Gunners has my vote.
Oh and by the way I am from Castlegar as well, so it looks like we got a pretty strong Castlegar contingent.

SS

I was planning to take my Dad out Castlegar way for a hunt.
Would any of you team mates be willing to share some info ?
Im not asking for your favorite spot, just a good place to start.
PS Dad has a bad heart & lungs so he can not go on long walks or up hilly areas.
Please PM me if you can help.

Tommy Gunners sounds good to me. I'm from Kamloops and also a bow hunter but I think I will get a few more birds with the scatter gun before I try it with a bow. Danm birds are too spooky to draw on. Gotta get more expierience before I try for one with my bow. Will be hunting around Rock Creek this Sunday. Good luck to team #2.

I was down to Rock Creek a week ago and stopped in to the Petro Can.
I asked about turkeys and the lady said he has not seen them in town all year.
I did some scouting just north of town and did not find any sign and heard nothing.
You may want to try McKinney Creek area.
Good luck.

So will our team name be "Tommy Gunners" ?

bcbrez
04-13-2012, 08:03 AM
"TOMMY GUNNERS" it is then.

DaDukez
04-13-2012, 08:20 AM
Goo Tommy Gunners bahahaha... anyways, I have to work the first 2 days of turkey season:cry:... But after that is 3 long days of Tom chasing for me. I have some spots around Grand Forks to go to and if I get skunked I got a buddy down in Christian Valley with a bunch of toms on his land:twisted:... Good luck Everybody.. on team #2...

OutWest
04-14-2012, 11:52 AM
Well I called a bird in for ryancoe6 last year but since we got split up he is SOL :). Actually he's very good at calling himself so he'll be just fine. The problem will be who shoots first since we're on different teams! Good luck team #2

Command
04-14-2012, 02:31 PM
hey guys. from Castlegar as well,,, kinda a noob when it comes to turkey hunting, but I know lots of spots with birds, so if any of you Castlegar boys wanna get together for a hunt I'd be down for that,, I'll be bow hunting anyways,, prob go out tomorrow and see what I can see, GO TOMMY GUNNERS

Brez
04-14-2012, 03:44 PM
Hey, Command. Don't shoot my buddies from the Lower Mainland. I may send them your way. the one guy said he'll be wearing the red plaid golf pants from the '80s. Figures to fool the turkeys.

Command
04-14-2012, 09:54 PM
lol I'll keep an eye out, are they bow hunting?

Rackmastr
04-15-2012, 09:02 AM
Stuck at work today.....raining and snowing anyways!

I did see a hen and a nice Tom on the drive to work in the ditch.....got the blood pumping a bit!!!

Command
04-15-2012, 11:00 AM
didnt see anything today,, lots of people out thats forsure

SavageShooter
04-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Lots gobbling this morning on their roost but not quite ready yet to come running to the call /decoys.

SS

ryancoe6
04-15-2012, 06:26 PM
hey boys im heading out thurs night for the weekend with nickroth89. ill be pulling the trigger alot faster then him this year seeing as were in a competition here. good luck to you guys the remainder of the turkey season lets get us some gobblers

OutWest
04-15-2012, 06:59 PM
hey boys im heading out thurs night for the weekend with nickroth89. ill be pulling the trigger alot faster then him this year seeing as were in a competition here. good luck to you guys the remainder of the turkey season lets get us some gobblers

Sorry bud but I will be sabotaging your setup so the bird walks passed you just out of range and walks right in front of me.

Lil Bow Pete
04-16-2012, 03:45 PM
The birds were talkin up a storm yesterday.Heard as many hens yelping as I did gobblers. Pretty hard to draw them away from that kind of competion. It was snowing this morning and I didn't hear a bird. I'll try again next weekend. Good luck team #2.

300H&H
04-16-2012, 04:00 PM
Lots gobbling this morning on their roost but not quite ready yet to come running to the call /decoys.
SS

What ? We never heard a peep in 2 days.
What area were you in ?

The birds were talkin up a storm yesterday.Heard as many hens yelping as I did gobblers. Pretty hard to draw them away from that kind of competion. It was snowing this morning and I didn't hear a bird. I'll try again next weekend. Good luck team #2.

I can't believe it.
2 Days and not a sound.
I assume you were not in Kamloops but can you tell me the area.
I am just soooo frustrated.
We were snowed out this morning.
When I left the house all I could see in the sky were stars, quite a change.

A trick to bring in the hens is try to make the sound they make but a bit louder.
That pisses them off and they come looking for you to kick your a$$.
And the toms will follow.
Give it a try.

Brez
04-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Hey, Command, you don't have to worry about my friends from the coast. I sent them packing. We tagged out today.

Lil Bow Pete
04-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Wow it is quiet on the Tommy gunners thread. Not much action yet. I hope to change that. Goin out today for the weekend. Camping in a tent again. Hope it don't snow like last time out. Took 2 days to dry all my gear. Lets get out there guys. We got some catchin up to do. Go team #2.

JoshCampbell
04-20-2012, 04:38 PM
went out for first time today tried calling in areas i seen birds last fall and during winter with no success, hope next weekend get a chance to go out again.

300H&H
04-22-2012, 03:14 AM
Well I've been up for just over a hour and gearing up to meet Dad.
The last time I was in my spot there was over a foot of hard crunchy snow.
I hope Dad gets on today !
Good luck team.

SavageShooter
04-22-2012, 05:53 PM
Out today, a few distant gobbles, should get better soon.

SS

Lil Bow Pete
04-23-2012, 07:05 PM
Didn't hear or see a bird all weekend. Big difference from opening day. Its like they all left town. I will keep tryin. Wouldn't want my season to be over too soon.

Rackmastr
04-25-2012, 07:17 PM
Headed out tomorrow evening and then all day Fri-Sun.....will try my best to knock one down!! Team 2 needs to get on the board!!!

JoshCampbell
04-27-2012, 10:57 AM
wenyt out this morning not a bird to be seen r heard. seen few on the road last week went tried out that area today gotta try somewheres else.

any fello castlegar guys been seeing any birds around?

boscheefish
04-27-2012, 03:06 PM
wenyt out this morning not a bird to be seen r heard. seen few on the road last week went tried out that area today gotta try somewheres else.

any fello castlegar guys been seeing any birds around?

If u saw them on the road dont jump ship yet they could still be within walking distance......i had the same problem saw them many times before opener than three outings with notta,
Yood luck

JoshCampbell
05-05-2012, 07:58 PM
well team sorry to say after hunting all my available days until the end of turkey season i will not be put any points on the board. tried hard the days i had a chance to hunt but with no luck. had a great time trying turkeys for the first time seen lots of whitetails and elk and some big bruins i will try for in a couple weeks when work allows for it. good luck with the rest of the season

Josh

300H&H
05-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Wow it has been tough this year.
I have had 2 jakes come in but no toms and not a single gobble all season.
Dad & I will head out this week end but likely this will be our last hunt this spring.
Who else is going out ?

Brez
05-08-2012, 05:42 PM
Did you manage to make it down our way ?