PDA

View Full Version : People in Pemberton, Hunter Friendly?

rollingrock
10-27-2006, 09:31 AM
Every time I stopped by PetroCan in Pemberton I always grabbed a cup of coffee after filling up the gas tank, but every time I was told that the coffee was free. Very friendly people there. :-D

Gateholio
10-27-2006, 10:20 AM
Every time I stopped by PetroCan in Pemberton I always grabbed a cup of coffee after filling up the gas tank, but every time I was told that the coffee was free. Very friendly people there. :-D

I htink everyone in Pemberton is a effing goof, and they hate hunters. Probbaly be best to just stay away form Pemberton, for any hunting purposes.:wink:

rollingrock
10-27-2006, 11:37 AM
I htink everyone in Pemberton is a effing goof, and they hate hunters. Probbaly be best to just stay away form Pemberton, for any hunting purposes.:wink:
Oh weird thing is that the animals there are very welcoming :mrgreen: . While I was driving through the outskirt of the town last nite a nice black bear was running along my truck as if he was trying to race against me, and the race went on for a couple of hundred yards.:shock:

todbartell
10-27-2006, 12:23 PM
beware of the samsquanch living there :shock:

BIGHUNTERFISH
10-27-2006, 12:31 PM
Pemberton is awesome,great people ,excellent food and lodging, natural hot springs,awesome deer hunting ,''they say its the best place in region 2 to get your deer''.I cant say enough nice things about Pemberton,book your trip now .:-P

rollingrock
10-27-2006, 12:48 PM

If I see one, that must be in a kitchen in a restaurant. :mrgreen:

dawn2dusk
10-27-2006, 01:21 PM

is her name sara? that is my mother-law I think

twoSevenO
10-27-2006, 01:42 PM
is her name sara? that is my mother-law I think

LOL :D
Nice!

dawn2dusk
10-27-2006, 01:59 PM
LOL :D
Nice!

Nothing better than a hairy women to keep you warm at night! Ukranian women are very special this way.

tooty
10-27-2006, 02:04 PM
I think that might be elkhound's sister, but I'm not sure.:lol:

Nosferatu
10-27-2006, 03:06 PM
I'm going to do a few trips up there in November, I'll let you know after that. I found the people friendly back in 1988 when I used to live there when I worked for B.C. Rail, have not really been back since, I hear Spud Valley Sporting good is still there.

cariboo_kid
10-27-2006, 08:30 PM
I'm going to do a few trips up there in November, I'll let you know after that. I found the people friendly back in 1988 when I used to live there when I worked for B.C. Rail, have not really been back since, I hear Spud Valley Sporting good is still there.

Well, *someone* has to cater to the samsquatch when he's allowed off the chain in the local kitchen...

TravisC
11-01-2006, 09:35 PM
beware of what your buying in spud valley sporting store. Iven will take you for every penny you have unless you can quote the price as being lower from wholesale sports cataloge. hes usally 200% $ more then the book. know your prices and he will usally give that price too you. also the store will quallify any region 2 buck into their draw for biggest buck the prize is usally a rifle. catch is you have to buy the bullets from there to be in the contest at 60$ a box for shells you can get at walmart for 25$ . but you can take the animal from any region 2 area. as for the people ive found them to be great and friendly especially if your with someone they might know. on the other hand lots of guys get pissed if your a out of town hunter there in their turf. more and more people going to pemberton since its been said to be one of the best spots to bag a nice buck.

ryanb
11-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Let them come. Most will go home empty handed and not be back next year...As has been said before, there are no deer in Pemberton...seriously...no joke

TravisC
11-01-2006, 10:13 PM
i agree NO deer in Pemberton

The Hermit
11-02-2006, 12:17 AM
LOL This is a funny thread!! There are big deer everywhere in the province... except where I am at the moment! ;-)

pmj
11-02-2006, 12:29 AM
A few years ago I was invited to Pemberton by a bad fisherman who lived in a cabin/tool shed. He said he knew where the deer were, he had seen them while looking for shrooms. He dropped me off in the valley at the bottom of a mountain. I hiked up the mountain. I nearly got lost several times in the fog. I have never seen so much rain on a hunting trip in my life. I lost 20 lbs sweating like a pig in my raingear. I spent several hours wandering around in the fog and rain climbing up and down ridges trying not to fall off cliffs. I nearly had to jump off a cliff to get away from a mother black bear with her 3 cubs. I finally decided to take cover under a tree. I heard the hum of a truck. 40 yards uphill from me a truck went whipping by on a road I didn't know was there. If my ammo had been dry, I may have tried to shoot myself at this point. The next time I hunt in Pemberton will be right after I get drawn for a duck hunt in Richmond. If any one else needs a reference for their hunting area send me a p.m..:smile:

rollingrock
11-02-2006, 08:13 AM
I think I'm lucked out in Pemberton area, so I'll switch to.... for one more buck for the freezer. :D

TravisC
11-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Rain and Fog thats all you'll get in Pemberton ....and most likley skunked. my advice check out the local pub you may just find the elusive samsquatch. and its sister.:lol:

The Hermit
11-03-2006, 12:51 AM
phunny bassstards!! LOL

FLHTCUI
11-03-2006, 08:48 AM
I was up there a couple years ago when the bridges washed out, made it passed Lillooet River bridge on our way to meager Creek area...rounded corner to see the road was washed out, back down we went, took us a few hours to pick our way back to town as the roads where now covered with 6 inches to 1.5 foot of water. Spent the remainder or our time in town sandbagging with the towns folks ( 2 days ) they where greatfull that us two hunters up from the Lowermainland where helping out. Had offers to stay at some of the condos if we needed a place to stay...
Drove back to Vancovuer via the Highline Road and have yet to venture back, so as for the comment about effin a**holes or whatever it was ( context wise ) get a life!
Rob