PDA

View Full Version : The REGISTRY IS DEAD

bigben
04-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Just phoned the registry to complete a transfer and was told by the women on the phone that the long gun registry is no more . A non restricted weapon needs not to be registered but you need your pal to buy and sell and to get ammunitions from the stores. Also the only registeration that still exist is only in Quebec .I ask if I should keep my files on the guns that I bought and own and she said that is all wiped out too. This is the gospel truth and if anyone doesn t believe me phone the registry 1 800 731 4000 and find out for yourself .Thank you

Island Idiots
04-05-2012, 04:42 PM
:-DThe website has a big red box and all the wonderful news, just like you said! Adios LGR! Lots more room in the gun cabinet without big brother in there!:-D

Benthos
04-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Now get rid of those of those conservatives:twisted:

dropshot
04-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Yes bigben speaks the truth I called for the same reason. I initiated a transfer yesterday was given a reference number. I just called in to verify the if the buyer had called in to finish the registration and was told they can not access any reference numbers and you don't have to register any more non restricted as the registry is gone on non restricted firearms.

Ozone
04-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Thanks Steve. The check I promised will be in the mail tomorrow.

finngun
04-05-2012, 04:50 PM
why??/ they are only ones doing any good for gun owners and hunters.. tell me what good ex. ndp is doing to make hunters hobby easier?:confused::confused:

mikeboehm
04-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Finally It's gone now we have to fight the new proposed ammunition laws

olharley guy
04-05-2012, 05:06 PM

Howdy, I am sure you must be joking! later

matt420
04-05-2012, 05:12 PM
ohhh thats awsome, i love hearing good news like this!!!!!!

elkdom
04-05-2012, 05:19 PM
the Welfare Office in Miramichi NB will staying open ALL of Easter weekend, in order to allow ALL former employees of the CFC to return to their favorite place of Government assistance,,,,,,,,,,,,,message over !

Benthos
04-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Don't get me wrong, getting rid of the registry is a big deal, and about time, way to go. But, when it comes to environmental protection, which as outdoor folks who enjoy to fish and hunt should be concerned with, the conservatives are horrible.

d6dan
04-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the heads up BigBen..Good news.

Brambles
04-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Great news for firearm owners,

I do feel for the workers at the CFC and hope that they don't have to join the unemployed ranks. They were just people doing their jobs and were always pleasant to deal with whenever I called.

olharley guy
04-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Howdy, Yahoo news headlines -Quebec just put a halt to it! - Not gone yet! later

elkdom
04-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Great news for firearm owners,

I do feel for the workers at the CFC and hope that they don't have to join the unemployed ranks. They were just people doing their jobs and were always pleasant to deal with whenever I called.

that's where most of CFC employees came from, the WELFARE roles in NB, the CFC was a big part of JOB CREATION !

I don't see a problem if they go back there !

RENO
04-05-2012, 05:38 PM
ya hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUe_Pi8NfT4

Brambles
04-05-2012, 05:41 PM
that's where most of CFC employees came from, the WELFARE roles in NB, the CFC was a big part of JOB CREATION !

I don't see a problem if they go back there !

Regardless were they may or maynot have come from, those families depend on that income to survive. How would you feel if you lost all your income right now. Money is the largest stress factor among many families, I don't envy the position those people are in.

REMINGTON JIM
04-05-2012, 05:45 PM

What would you want in place the NDP ? WTF are you talkin about ? Cheers RJ

SHAKER
04-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Regardless were they may or maynot have come from, those families depend on that income to survive. How would you feel if you lost all your income right now. Money is the largest stress factor among many families, I don't envy the position those people are in.

Nice thing about Gvmnt. is that they get "promoted" to some other job in the system. Been along time come'n but thankfully she's gone! RIP you useless burden of the law abiding citizens off this country!

elkdom
04-05-2012, 05:50 PM

along with the wasted skin from the CFC layoffs, the Feds are in the process of dumping about 20,000 high paid burdens' of the HONEST working public,

sack another 50,000 and they may start to get their attention !

mcrae
04-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Howdy, Yahoo news headlines -Quebec just put a halt to it! - Not gone yet! later

The registry is dead unless you are in Quebec. So if your living in any province other than Quebec its dead.....

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/index-eng.htm

Gunner
04-05-2012, 05:56 PM
The registry is dead unless you are in Quebec. So if your living in any province other than Quebec its dead.....

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/index-eng.htmThat is correct.Thank you Mr. Harper,a promise made and a promise kept.I won't forget. Gunner

Moosehunter64
04-05-2012, 05:59 PM
The outcome just goes to show you that if people stand up for what they believe in they can achieve great things.Governments need to have more common sense when it comes to making laws no matter what party they are.We can all pat ourselves on the back for a job well down.

RoscoeP
04-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Thats funny, because I was in a gun store in Campbell River, BC today and the owner was on the phone with the RCMP doing a ownership transfer for a 22LR, and it was not a pistol. I could here both sides of the conversation and it did not sound like the registrey was dead yet? So whats going on? I am going to give him a call as soon as my wife gets off the phone. Cheers

elkdom
04-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Quebec is once again out of CONTROL( as if they ever were),, lmao

enact the WAR MEASURES Act (as in the 1970's) and throw their newly elected govt (NDP) in prison,,,,,,,,,,,problem solved

olharley guy
04-05-2012, 06:01 PM

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/index-eng.htm

Well they were going to start destroying paperwork tonight but the whole thing has been put on hold because of the Quebec court for at least a week - News articles, CGN etc. Some of the guys in Ontario are a litle upset as they think maybe Ontario will join Quebec.
Just what I have been reading, but I could be not reading it right? Later

180grainer
04-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Time to buy a very good bottle of single malt scotch.

elkdom
04-05-2012, 06:04 PM
I invite EVERYONE in FAVOR of Gun Registration to swiftly move to Quebec or Morontario

RoscoeP
04-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Thats funny, because I was in a gun store in Campbell River, BC today and the owner was on the phone with the RCMP doing a ownership transfer for a 22LR, and it was not a pistol. I could here both sides of the conversation and it did not sound like the registrey was dead yet? So whats going on? I am going to give him a call as soon as my wife gets off the phone. Cheers

Just called the owner and it is now dead for sure. They said they did one today, probably the one I over heard and they tried to do another later in the day and were told it is no longer required. Great news, one more thing, before everyone throws there regristration certificates away, please write down the serial numbers for insurance, theft purposes, thanks. Hey ha! Cheers Roscoe

mcrae
04-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Well they were going to start destroying paperwork tonight but the whole thing has been put on hold because of the Quebec court for at least a week - News articles, CGN etc. Some of the guys in Ontario are a litle upset as they think maybe Ontario will join Quebec.
Just what I have been reading, but I could be not reading it right? Later

The destruction of the info was never going to be instant but in every province other than Quebec you are no longer required to register your non-restricted firearms. The Quebec government's injunction prevents the destruction of the info as I read it but the registry itself is dead. Quebec wants the information to set up its own provincial registration it will not be a federal registry if they do it. I feel for gun owners in Quebec but at the same time its great news for the rest of us.

olharley guy
04-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Howdy, you know the registrations are pretty small and light. I will keep mine handy - someplace -handy

Example, going hunting or whatever-just turn off on a side road and the lights and siren go off. PO says there has been a cabin broken into down the road and an 870 was stolen. Looks in the truck and lo and behold there sits an 870.

Show him the old little piece of paper with the serial number and we are on our way. No weekend spoiled wasting time trying to get your gun back - especially if the person that lost his doesn't have a record of his serial number/burnt it/shot it full of holes or whatever?? Just what I will be doing. later

Gateholio
04-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Howdy, you know the registrations are pretty small and light. I will keep mine handy - someplace -handy

Example, going hunting or whatever-just turn off on a side road and the lights and siren go off. PO says there has been a cabin broken into down the road and an 870 was stolen. Looks in the truck and lo and behold there sits an 870.

Show him the old little piece of paper with the serial number and we are on our way. No weekend spoiled wasting time trying to get your gun back - especially if the person that lost his doesn't have a record of his serial number/burnt it/shot it full of holes or whatever?? Just what I will be doing. later

The chances of something like this happening are so remote, you may as well buy 6/49 tickets. ;)

I rarely carried reg certs with me before the registry was scrapped, I'm not going to start now. ;)

Tikka270
04-05-2012, 06:36 PM
The chances of something like this happening are so remote, you may as well buy 6/49 tickets. ;)

I rarely carried reg certs with me before the registry was scrapped, I'm not going to start now. ;)

I don't think I ever carried them.

tracker
04-05-2012, 06:42 PM
I am going out right now to buy a new hunting rifle, so I can have at least one that is not tainted by the registry in the gun cabinet.

mcrae

Lots of the old timers I know engraved their social insurance numbers on the guns somewhere. That way they could prove it was their gun if it was stolen. I will keep my serial numbers recorded but doubt I will be engraving my guns LOL..

pmj
I remember when....
Kennedy was shot
Man walked on the moon
Elvis Died
Long Gun Registry is gone I am sitting at the mouth of my man cave (garage) facing west, watching the sun go down, smoking a great cigar, having a beer. BigBen really good story. Cool to be told by the CFC. Happy Easter everyone.

RayHill
04-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Just called the owner and it is now dead for sure. They said they did one today, probably the one I over heard and they tried to do another later in the day and were told it is no longer required. Great news, one more thing, before everyone throws there regristration certificates away, please write down the serial numbers for insurance, theft purposes, thanks. Hey ha! Cheers Roscoe

X2 Being someone who has been robbed everyone must keep personal records of their guns and also keep pics of them too. Keep them in a safe place out of your house. The insurance agencies could want proof of what you owned, if you ever have to make a claim.

RayHill
04-05-2012, 06:50 PM
I am going out right now to buy a new hunting rifle, so I can have at least one that is not tainted by the registry in the gun cabinet.

I know I did get the feeling that all my guns are dirty now. EAOOOWregistry tainted guns! Must sell them and buy clean smelling ones!

muledeercrazy
04-05-2012, 06:58 PM

I was only ever asked once, out of multiple opertunities.Luckily i had 2/3.. It wasnt a problem. That was at a major game/road check at pine pass, and it was a co who did it.. He was actually probably doing me a favour as the rcmp were busy and he told them we checked out and let us go on our way.

swamper
04-05-2012, 07:05 PM
I just finished watching the Global Evening News Hour and not a damn this mentioned about the demise of the registry. Here is a copy of the email I sent to Global.

It's April 5th and I have been wathcing the evening news hour waiting for a report on the demise of the Long Gun Registry. Not a damn thing has been mentioned. Do you people not follow really important news items. At least a minute or more was spent on a 100 year old lady who's family decided not to travel on the Titanic. 100 year old news!!.
The senate voted 50/27, including 3 liberal votes, to pass Bill C-19. The Bill received Royal Accent earlier today and as of midnight tonite we are no longer required to register our long guns. Does this not merrit at least a small mention on your news hour.
On Global National the only mention was the fact that the Quebec government got a 5 day injunction against destroying the gun registry records for residents of Quebec. Not a thing was said about the fact that the gun registry is now history.
Is this selective reporting??
A large portion of the Canadian population have an interest in this "news".
I watch Global to see what is going on in our great country. Maybe I should watch CBC instead.

cloverphil
04-05-2012, 07:06 PM

I'm very happy the LGR is gone, I voted for the Conservatives !!!!

why on earth would you want to get rid of the Conservatives ?

no other Federal party has ever lowered the GST like the Conservatives have
and now keeping they're promise they've killed the LGR like we asked them too

Who did you have in mind to elect next then, some other party that would promise to reverse what the Conservatives have done ??????

RENO
04-05-2012, 07:09 PM

The LGR should not have existed in the first place and with all the hub bub about it since it's inception, don't tell me they didn't know it was coming down the pipe. So as far as I'm concerned they were jobs that shouldn't have existed in the first place.

RENO
04-05-2012, 07:11 PM
I'm very happy the LGR is gone, I voted for the Conservatives !!!!

why on earth would you want to get rid of the Conservatives ?

no other Federal party has ever lowered the GST like the Conservatives have
and now keeping they're promise they've killed the LGR like we asked them too

Who did you have in mind to elect next then, some other party that would promise to reverse what the Conservatives have done ??????

I agree Harpers got my vote! I don't trust anyone else they might try and F this up all over again!

.300WSMImpact!
04-05-2012, 07:13 PM
What would you want in place the NDP ? WTF are you talkin about ? Cheers RJ

NDP/Conservatives, same difference

40incher
04-05-2012, 07:46 PM
As one who never registered any large-bore hunting rifles (had to register one .22 with no serial number to renew my FL) this day is a great one for democracy. The Conservatives kept their word, which is volumes more than any other political party can say. To compare them with the NDP shows a distinct lack of brain activity. How do ya' say DUUUHHHHHH .......

Quebec should just leave the country, and take Mulcair with them. Just another bunch of left-wing welfare bums.

It renews ones faith in our democratic process, and the fact that there is still some common sense out there. Now if we can just elect John Cummins to keep the NDP from shutting our grizzly hunt down next year. Christy Cream doesn't have a hope as she sells us out for the corporate sector's donations.

bridger
04-05-2012, 08:05 PM
We should all send our mp's and senators that supported the end of the long gun registry a thank you as well as the prime minister!

SHAKER
04-05-2012, 08:41 PM
We should all send our mp's and senators that supported the end of the long gun registry a thank you as well as the prime minister!

Good call!

The Dude
04-05-2012, 08:50 PM
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj313/Heliox18/Hunting/LGRDead.jpg

I'm gonna frame this!

Oh, and Quebec can

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj313/Heliox18/Forum%20Ammo/PopeVafanculo.jpg

scoutlt1
04-05-2012, 08:56 PM
What a wonderful coincidence. The boys and I decided to have a little fire in the back yard tonight. Guess what was added to the fire....there go the registry papers, up in smoke. To bad the paper's so rough, I would have wiped my ass with it before throwing it in the fire.
As was mentioned before, a promise made and a promise kept. I won't forget either.
Today is a good day.

bbmhunter
04-05-2012, 09:04 PM
so why do you still need the pal to buy ammo for a long gun

timberhunter
04-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Sucks for the gun owners in Quebec.
But then it would really suck to live in quebec anyways :)

I also think that 17 years of this law that was forced upon us has some conditioned to the idea that the reg certs may do us some good in the future. I know I will be disposing of mine soon. I can see no use for them. Although I did carry them everytime I had my guns out, just to comply.
Man I cannot wait for the Kamloops gun show now. I bet the guns will be flying out the door. From the sounds of things I will have about 30 guns for sale on my tables.

As for the conser party. I say well done. Finally a politition who did as they promised to a degree.
As for the canadian shooting sports association. I stand up and applaud all their hard work and efforts to help rid us of law. Well done :)
I am happy to say I have been a long time supporter of the CSSA and the end result was worth every penny I have donated over the years.

Philcott
Because the Long gun registry has nothing to do with buying ammo. You need a POL, PAL or RPAL to not only buy ammo but to be in possession of a fire arm. That HAS NOT changed.

nedarb2
Today was my last day of university ever; this is one hell of a present to go along with that :D

Survival Bill
04-05-2012, 09:29 PM
So when and were to get together for the big burn LOL

goatdancer
04-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Because the Long gun registry has nothing to do with buying ammo. You need a POL, PAL or RPAL to not only buy ammo but to be in possession of a fire arm. That HAS NOT changed.

Do you have a link to that info?

bosca
04-05-2012, 09:45 PM
That's great news about the registry!...
I want to acknowledge all the folks that managed to make their point without slagging someone else's politics in the process.
If its a political debate you want then take it to the political debate forum!

timberhunter
04-05-2012, 09:48 PM
OMG

I was just outside while the dog did its thing.
I happened to have all my reg certs in my hand while doing so.
Just so I was a good canadian citizen. Just in case.

All of a sudden a bolt of fire shot out of the sky and lit all my certificates on fire. I tried and tried with all my might but just could not extinguish the flames before they were all hopelessly destroyed.

What oh what will I ever do now? :) :) :)

I wish CFC had a 24 hr hot line so I could report this unfortunate mishap.
When I dialed the number 1 800 731 4000 I got an answering service in India who wanted to get me into a new Dell computer for a great price.

Hehehehe it has been a great night.

Moose Guide
04-05-2012, 09:50 PM
We should all chip in and sue that Quebec judge!!! I hate the thought of ANY sportsman or hunter being under this yoke!!! Mr. Harper, please destroy ALL the LGR records for the good of all hunters, shooters and gun owners in Canada

ianwuzhere
04-05-2012, 09:52 PM
haha awesome! Too bad all that money was wasted in the first place...
lil bonfires of registrations all over tonite- whoop whooop. mite have to buy a new gun to celebrate!

-now if we could only get Harper to erase the other stupid idea of spending Billions and Billions on them F35 jets!!!

Moose Guide
04-05-2012, 09:53 PM

(_!_) (_!_) (_*_)

blackbart
04-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Great news for sure. Now lets all of us try to educate the urbanites as to what being a hunter and sportsman really means.

We may be on top of things today, but society continues to change. With the increasing movement in cities towards organic living we may have the chance to show case responsible hunting and firearm ownership and thereby solidify our future.

We also need to continue to show how sportsman are different than urban gang bangers.

Cheers all. A well deserved, and earned change has occurred.

Ltbullken
04-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Registation certificate burning to take place once I obtain a nice bottle of single malt to celebrate the moment!

wildcatter
04-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Time to buy a very good bottle of single malt scotch.

Well I got 2 bottles of Japanese single malt, better than scotch, oh yeah I will be celebrating.
Never registered any of my guns, except the Marlin 336 I bought off this site last year.
It sure will be a memorable day!
And a very Happy Easter to you all.

The Dude
04-05-2012, 11:42 PM
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj313/Heliox18/Forum%20Ammo/GreatSuccess2.jpg

JAFA
04-06-2012, 12:09 AM
Well here we are April 5th - first few moments of freedom.

Feels good Canada.

Congratulations.

Jim.

Bushcree
04-06-2012, 12:11 AM
Feeling like they lost their big money grab (long gun registration) ....the powers that be -- now decided they would pour yet more tax money into ludicrous ammunition laws.

RayHill
04-06-2012, 12:28 AM
We need a bullet registration! They now know that guns don't kill people, bullets do!!!

Whonnock Boy
04-06-2012, 12:29 AM
It's a small world. Just so happens the Weatherby fan and myself bumped into each other at a fundraiser tonight for a mutual friend. Together we raised a shot of fireball on ice to celebrate at approximately 9:00 PST. Cheers to all our brothers in arms.

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g398/whonnockboy/wb/photo4.jpg

kayjayess
04-06-2012, 12:59 AM
Is it dead?

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Quebec+court+delays+scrapping+registry/6419632/story.html

slowkey
04-06-2012, 01:30 AM
now it is time to work on the silly restricted gun laws!!!!

* plinking away in the bush with an AR shouldn't be illegal
*having to be a member of a range to own a restricted weapon
*calling the RCMP when ever your taking your restricted to the range

ACE
04-06-2012, 05:00 AM
Now get rid of those of those conservatives......
Alan Rock (Liberal) brought us the LGR......
Steven Harper (Conservative) got rid of it.......like he said he would...
Begs the question to you Benthos: ....... why?

ACE
04-06-2012, 05:13 AM
NDP/Conservatives, same difference

Just curious.......do you vote Liberal, destroy your vote, or vote at all?

Glenny
04-06-2012, 05:45 AM
3 words....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_kwXNVCaxY

The Dude
04-06-2012, 05:59 AM

Uhmmmmm...who's first?

Ride Red
04-06-2012, 06:24 AM
A proud day to be a Canadian!!!! Vote Conservative, the rest don't matter.

Fido
04-06-2012, 06:30 AM
The Kamloops gun show just got better I see a new gun coming home, and thank you Mr Harper.

Stone Sheep Steve
04-06-2012, 06:51 AM
Perfect! Now the CFC can process my PAL faster than usual...or the office will be in chaos for a few weeks:-?.

SSS

Iron Glove
04-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Feeling like they lost their big money grab (long gun registration) ....the powers that be -- now decided they would pour yet more tax money into ludicrous ammunition laws.

The LGR was not a "big money grab" , it's been free to register your firearms for years.
The LGR was a big money waste and that's one of the main reasons that people objected to it. $$$$ spent with no tangible benefit.

cloverphil
04-06-2012, 08:34 AM

uummm the third one you listed is not a law and hasn't been for a long time

once you have an ATT from the RCMP it's good for 5 years and no need to phone anyone unless you're buying a new one and bringing it home, that's a law that could change easily

eaglesnester
04-06-2012, 08:38 AM
The proposed new ammo laws are a non starter according to Vic Towes.

hoho
04-06-2012, 08:57 AM

You're right.

guntech
04-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Now it is time to send a donation to the Conservatives... and tell them why...

They have also killed the proposed ammo storage bill...

I am sending $200 now and I will send another donation later.

elkdom
04-06-2012, 09:21 AM
You're right.

the CFC long gun registry is DEAD by LAW as of midnight April 5-2012,,,,:-D

Qweebec as usual being the regular PITA it always has been, has made a COURT application to use CFC records to continue a Qweebec ONLY long gun registry,,:?

that Qweebec court application has nothing to do with the rest of Canada and the demise of former CFC long gun registry :-|

dragonslayer
04-06-2012, 09:36 AM
I am still trying to understand what Quebec is actually doing, if they do get the records and data will it only be the data that belongs to Quebec or are they going after all records from all Canadians. I don't think they should recieve any records pertaining to the rest of us, or even be allowed to see them for they have no business having their nose in everyones personal affairs other than Quebec. Please enlighten me, am I off base on this? All the data that pertains to the rest of Canada should be destroyed immediately .

elkdom
04-06-2012, 09:40 AM
I am still trying to understand what Quebec is actually doing, if they do get the records and data will it only be the data that belongs to Quebec or are they going after all records from all Canadians. I don't think they should recieve any records pertaining to the rest of us, or even be allowed to see them for they have no business having their nose in everyones personal affairs other than Quebec. Please enlighten me, am I off base on this?

if after several BILLION $$$ the CFC for about 20 years had NO IDEA how many long guns were in ALL of Canada ??? WHO the hell cares if Qweebec gets a bunch of useless information, I sure do NOT !

ianwuzhere
04-06-2012, 09:48 AM
talkin to queebec is like talking to an angry woman=just dont listen..

Moose Guide
04-06-2012, 10:04 AM
I am still trying to understand what Quebec is actually doing, if they do get the records and data will it only be the data that belongs to Quebec or are they going after all records from all Canadians. I don't think they should recieve any records pertaining to the rest of us, or even be allowed to see them for they have no business having their nose in everyones personal affairs other than Quebec. Please enlighten me, am I off base on this? All the data that pertains to the rest of Canada should be destroyed immediately .

NONE of the info BELONGS to *****bec! If it is found that they are entitled to records pretaining to *****becs citizens, they can pay 50% of what we paid for all the info plus 1 billion in record keeping fees!!! I say destroy it all!!!!!

elkdom
04-06-2012, 10:10 AM
NONE of the info BELONGS to *****bec! If it is found that they are entitled to records pretaining to *****becs citizens, they can pay 50% of what we paid for all the info plus 1 billion in record keeping fees!!! I say destroy it all!!!!!

if the CFC records are written in English ?? the info will be useless to Qweebec anyway,

I really doubt the CFC kept the long gun records in "BROKEN-ENGLISH" on the off chance Qweebec may wish to take a look,,,,,,,,,

after all ? BILINGUAL really means "illiterate in 2 languages"

The Dude
04-06-2012, 10:17 AM

Quebec is all Libs, NDP and BQ. They act different just to not be the same. I lived there for four years. What the rest of Canada does, they do the opposite. Just so they can say they're different. With a large number of NDP Federal MPs, it wasn't hard to get them organized.
It's a shame, cuz most Quebecers are really great folks. They have their priorities: Good food, good wine, hot women, and a good song, in any order you choose. :D

As for the data, what I have read implies that any data that does not pertain to Quebec residents gets deleted. The whiners have 5 days to prove a case to the Quebec Supreme Court, and the rest gets torched.

Spy
04-06-2012, 12:30 PM
[QUOTE=The Dude;1126759]Quebec is all Libs, NDP, BQ & BS! They act different just to not be the same!

Fixed it for you!:-D

scoopy
04-06-2012, 12:59 PM
It burns my ass to think of all the money wasted on the registry. That money could have been used in a far better manner, say for instance, wildlife conservation...... WHAT A WASTE!!!!!

yukon john
04-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Wow, you must have ate paint chips as a child

444 marlin
04-06-2012, 02:37 PM
bill c68 is still there except the registry,that is worse than the registry, as in enter your home no warrant safe storage rules etc.

BlacktailStalker
04-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Interesting link of facts

http://www.lufa.ca/quickfacts.asp

M.Dean
04-06-2012, 03:55 PM
God is alive and well in Canada!!! Maybe instead of taking the Tax Dollars from this wasted effort at Gun Control and sharing it with the Retiring members of Parliament, lets put it towards bloody Health Care, where it should have gone in the first place!!!

91Jason91
04-06-2012, 04:59 PM
woooot thank god..... Makes everything alot easier

hunter1947
04-07-2012, 02:25 AM
Yes bigben you are right and this is good its about time this law was dumped..

The Dude
04-07-2012, 02:47 AM
Interesting link of facts

http://www.lufa.ca/quickfacts.asp

Very few of those stats make any sense at all. Where did they get them? Looks like a bunch of Gibberish to me.

SimilkameenSlayer
04-07-2012, 05:01 AM
excellent !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeTgx_pj6m8

guywitha270
04-07-2012, 05:53 AM
Woohoo!! And just before the Kamloops Gun show too! It's a Christmas miracle!!

.330 Dakota
04-07-2012, 06:39 AM
why??/ they are only ones doing any good for gun owners and hunters.. tell me what good ex. ndp is doing to make hunters hobby easier?:confused::confused:

They are also the only party that has kept a campain promise in the last 10 years, go Steven go

budismyhorse
04-07-2012, 06:40 AM
Very few of those stats make any sense at all. Where did they get them? Looks like a bunch of Gibberish to me.

It's a poor looking site..... But if you dig.... It's all stats Canada info. The lawyer website referred to is actually pretty interesting. Who'd of thought they keep track of how many sawed off shotguns are used in homicides.

bigredchev
04-07-2012, 06:41 AM
a lot easier to buy new guns now on weekends or at non business hours i never had am issue with the registry desk they where always helpful but the hours sucked.