Congrats, Fisher Dude! :-D

Gumsehwah
04-03-2012, 10:34 PM
That's not a bow, FD!

No, its NOT a bow...
... It's AWESOMESAUCE!!!

KB90
04-03-2012, 10:35 PM
You should invite aggie out for a hunt now that you guys are both bowhunters!

coach
04-03-2012, 10:36 PM
How long until you start pushing for special seasons and an end youth only opportunities?

04-03-2012, 10:44 PM
Hey FD ......... isn't that after you have a confirmed Kill with a BOW ..... that you become a Bow hunter ...... or are you still looking to buy a bow ?? Hahha

Good luck to you ....... I wish I had the time it takes to be ethical about it and I would be too.

CT

Fisher-Dude
04-03-2012, 10:52 PM
How long until you start pushing for special seasons and an end youth only opportunities?

I don't swing with that crowd. :wink:

Looking forward to tryin' it out this fall, but I doubt that aggie will invite me to his special camp. I'll have to get some pointers (pun intended) from coach and other GOS bow hunters!

Having watched an immy during region 4 bow season that I could have killed with a rock had a bit to do with the purchase decision too. :D

Spy
04-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Nice Bow !What are the specs on that beast!You think it will fit in the front of the truck with you, when you are hunting !:wink::wink:

islander7mm
04-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Yes FD! I'm in the same boat.
I think a black bear with my "bow" will be a most noble accomplishment. :)
Good luck.

Weatherby Fan
04-03-2012, 11:15 PM
FisherDude your out of the closet,I'm not sure weather to be happy for ya or disappointed :confused:
I always thought you were a bit of a crossbow dresser :mrgreen:
Now do those things come in a weatherby magnum ?
What caliber is thing anyway !

peashooter
04-03-2012, 11:28 PM
Is that the Phoenix?

The Dude
04-04-2012, 12:06 AM
Ah, GREAT! Welcome to the Club!
Now: Where's the picture of the bow?

fireguy
04-04-2012, 12:17 AM
Good to see, they are a whole lot of fun and a whole lot of "fun" to pack around as well but well worth it, a hint for you, if you are sighting it in from a rest, don't shoot at the same spot on the target more than once, arrows get expensive after a few robinhoods.

Fisher-Dude
04-04-2012, 05:31 AM
Nice Bow !What are the specs on that beast!You think it will fit in the front of the truck with you, when you are hunting !:wink::wink:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s56/gilmore-c/xbow.jpg

Should have enough to kill a doe? :D

frenchbar
04-04-2012, 05:39 AM
hopefully your neighbours wont have to pull any arrows out of the side of their houses...

houndogger
04-04-2012, 05:54 AM
When you become a big kid you will want dad to take off those training wheels!

Fisher-Dude
04-04-2012, 06:00 AM
There are no wheels on my bow - they are for the kids with compound bows!

Ambush
04-04-2012, 06:47 AM
NOW are you finally going to take me on that whitetail doe hunt you owe me???

Caveman
04-04-2012, 06:51 AM
As of yesterday, I'm a bow hunter. :mrgreen:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/Fisher-Dude/HPIM1404.jpg

That's not a bow, FD!

He's a Hybrid!!!

r106
04-04-2012, 07:07 AM
Now your going to have to buy a new exhaust for your truck and quad so you can sneak up extra close

J_T
04-04-2012, 07:29 AM
As of yesterday, I'm a bow hunter. :mrgreen:
I guess by the same token, if I put on a red felt hat, I'd be Santa Clause.
Welcome aboard. I'm sure you will enjoy the added value this new tool and approach will bring to your hunt. FYI, I'd suggest you get some additional weight into those darts and be fussy about the broadhead choice.

Big Lew
04-04-2012, 07:30 AM
Well, there goes the neighbourhood, lol.....wish you great enjoyment in your quest to become a 'real' hunter.

04-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Great choice in xbow, you will love it.

bugler
04-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Try to take in a few 3-D shoots before season. It will give you a good feel for it's strengths and limitations. Make sure you practice with broadheads before you hunt as well. And aim for the chest from broadside. Stay away from the head and neck and frontal shots. Oh and make sure your heads are razor sharp, and.......well, good luck!!

Stone Sheep Steve
04-04-2012, 09:15 AM
Get shooting as much as possible and you won't have to wait until fall. There's a fat pumpkinhead blackie with your name on it.
Best thing is you'll probably shoot him on the road!

SSS

GoatGuy
04-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Try to take in a few 3-D shoots before season. It will give you a good feel for it's strengths and limitations. Make sure you practice with broadheads before you hunt as well. And aim for the chest from broadside. Stay away from the head and neck and frontal shots. Oh and make sure your heads are razor sharp, and.......well, good luck!!

I thought all crossbows were good to 100 yards? That's what I was told in crazy land.

Bow Walker
04-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Oh No!!! Next thing, you'll be coming out as a Canucks fan....

uh....Welcome to the "club". Like others have said - shoot lots, get to know your 'bow', get to know where and how the arrows fly (at all distances), and good luck this season. If you coulda killed that immy with a rock you'll want to know your trajectory at pretty close ranges. 3D shoots will help you a lot.

I've watched a few Wings games, does that make me a Wing fan?

The Dude
04-04-2012, 09:31 AM
I thought all crossbows were good to 100 yards? That's what I was told in crazy land.

Yes but in CrazyLand they sell people Crossbows, so they can keep them cocked in the truck, jump out, and load them, and pull the trigger. Like a shot gun, but longer seasons.
It's what fat road hunters buy when they wanna hunt the bow season, without all that bothersome effort involved with actually learning how to "Bow Hunt" :D :D :D

Onesock
04-04-2012, 09:42 AM
Just because you have a hockey stick it doesn't mean you are a hockey player HAHA.

GoatGuy
04-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Yes but in CrazyLand they sell people Crossbows, so they can keep them cocked in the truck, jump out, and load them, and pull the trigger. Like a shot gun, but longer seasons.
It's what fat road hunters buy when they wanna hunt the bow season, without all that bothersome effort involved with actually learning how to "Bow Hunt" :D :D :D

hahahaha, actually the guy that told me that was anti-x bow, but the rest of the profile you've given is pretty accurate. best of all he was a big buck, bull hunter. Can still hardly contain myself to this day.

islandboy
04-04-2012, 01:07 PM
We need a "like" button on this forum. :mrgreen:

Just because you have a hockey stick it doesn't mean you are a hockey player HAHA.

Bow Walker
04-04-2012, 05:09 PM
We need a "like" button on this forum. :mrgreen:
There is the "Ignore" button...............

Ruger4
04-04-2012, 05:18 PM
As of yesterday, I'm kind of a bow hunter, not really though cause crossbows arent really bows but I'm gonna go with that for now . :mrgreen:

Gateholio
04-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Congratulations on owning a crossbow, a design that is thousands of years old. And with no pulleys and wheels...It's basically a traditional bow.

Bc Deer Hunter
04-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Cant go wrong with an excalibur :mrgreen:

peashooter
04-04-2012, 05:55 PM
thats a magnum, i heard they shoot flat out to 80 yards, 1 pin.

dragonslayer
04-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Pretty sweet x- bow, but 225 lbs , what thing has got to fly crazy, speed wise, how fast, and must be hard to load, you must draw strings to pull this brute back.

Everett
04-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Should have spent the money on new carpet:twisted:

Fisher-Dude
04-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Pretty sweet x- bow, but 225 lbs , what thing has got to fly crazy, speed wise, how fast, and must be hard to load, you must draw strings to pull this brute back.

Yep, have the cocking aid (can I say "cock" on here Gatehouse?) that effectively reduces the draw by 50%. Up to 350 fps for speed.

Thanks to my good friend Spuds Gilmore for a smooth transaction on a dandy bow! :D

Everett, the Man Cave renovation is next on the list, but it will have to fit between spring bear, summer flyfishing, fall hunting, and winter icefishing. :wink:

91Jason91
04-04-2012, 06:30 PM
ya bow hunting is alot of fun. Got my first bow kill on big game last year on a black bear and it was the most exciting kill I have ever got.

Everett
04-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Jeeze I figured a old coot like you the whole house would be a man cave or mayby a real cave up in OK park:-D

spear
04-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Dirty Dog Dude, thats a cross bow also known as a "cheater" bow ;) But all the power to ya, hope you tag something with it. A lot of fun to shoot and certainly opens up some more oppurtunities. Best of luck

Bowzone_Mikey
04-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Congrats Pat ... Now its time to get up close and personal and start hunting like a man .....

Good choice on the Exomax ... I would seriously look at one of those if I were ever in the market for a crossbow.... you should get 350 ish out it with a 350 grain bolt on it ... but it will be loud .... a 450 grainer will get about 290-300ish and hit like a ton of bricks and should be very quiet in the process.

I may come down to your Traditional territory one day and File a Grievance ... we should hit the range ;)

Fisher-Dude
04-04-2012, 08:11 PM
I'll welcome some tips from BZM.

Crabsinyerbush will have to come and show me how to shoot a WT doe. I know where there are a couple. Can we just drive around until a couple stand beside the road? :wink:

Bow Walker
04-04-2012, 08:26 PM
:) Ya gotta truck and yer a "road hunter"...........now ya gotta crossbow and yer a a bow hunter?............Hopefully you can combine the two and not have to get o7utta the truck too often....;)

Bowzone_Mikey
04-04-2012, 08:36 PM
:) Ya gotta truck and yer a "road hunter"...........now ya gotta crossbow and yer a a bow hunter?............Hopefully you can combine the two and not have to get o7utta the truck too often....;)

He has already put out a Request for Tender .... a design and build for a turret system to be mounted to his truck .... with preferance to incab controls ....

aggiehunter
04-04-2012, 08:42 PM
FD....good choice...my youngest boy shoots the same xbow.....now for some more "aggieisms"......

J_T
04-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Congratulations on owning a crossbow, a design that is thousands of years old. And with no pulleys and wheels...It's basically a traditional bow.
Traditional perhaps. But the French lost every battle that was led by the crossbow. The English longbow ruled the battle ground for years. What he needs, is a truck with sunroof so it won't interupt his road hunting.

GoatGuy
04-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Yep, have the cocking aid (can I say "cock" on here Gatehouse?) that effectively reduces the draw by 50%. Up to 350 fps for speed.

Thanks to my good friend Spuds Gilmore for a smooth transaction on a dandy bow! :D

Everett, the Man Cave renovation is next on the list, but it will have to fit between spring bear, summer flyfishing, fall hunting, and winter icefishing. :wink:

Who are you kidding. By hunting season you'll be on to some other women, hot and bothered and hunting season will take a backseat to the blue pill buck in the rut chasing all the nasty old does.

GoatGuy
04-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Jeeze I figured a old coot like you the whole house would be a man cave or mayby a real cave up in OK park:-D

There is no road in there so it will remain 'dudeless' for enternity.

Gateholio
04-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Traditional perhaps. But the French lost every battle that was led by the crossbow. The English longbow ruled the battle ground for years. What he needs, is a truck with sunroof so it won't interupt his road hunting.

The longbow ruled due to rate of fire and distance...Only need one shot at close range for hunting, and the crossbow was first encountered in ancient Asia. Maybe the crossbow is more traditional for hunting.

The Dude
04-04-2012, 11:50 PM
There is no road in there so it will remain 'dudeless' for enternity.

I should have chosen a less popular name..........

Fisher-Dude
04-05-2012, 05:51 AM
Who are you kidding. By hunting season you'll be on to some other women, hot and bothered and hunting season will take a backseat to the blue pill buck in the rut chasing all the nasty old does.

Haha, the current one has already hung in there for all 4 seasons. Shocking, given my track record! Most don't make it thru September.

I'm so old I can remember road hunting in the park, before it was a park!

Ruger4
04-05-2012, 06:25 AM
Haha, the current one has already hung in there for all 4 seasons. Shocking, given my track record! Most don't make it thru September.

Oh Pat,now that right there has the making of a good 'ol country song ................now post a pic of a hot chick shootin a crossbow dammit !!:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

bowhunterbruce
04-05-2012, 08:18 AM
.now post a pic of a hot chick shootin a crossbow dammit !!:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

http://cdn2.holytaco.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/1313.jpg

GoatGuy
04-05-2012, 08:31 AM
I should have chosen a less popular name..........

Sorry, new reg, no ladyboy chasers allowed in the un-roaded portions of Region 8. The name really doesn't matter at this point.

GoatGuy
04-05-2012, 08:35 AM

Road Hunters For Life

Ruger4
04-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Sorry, new reg, no ladyboy chasers allowed in the un-roaded portions of Region 8. The name really doesn't matter at this point.

now that's funny !!!

The Hermit
04-07-2012, 02:47 PM
FD... \i have news for you... last year Aggie\\\\\\\\\\\hunter hunted with a crossbow... one of a couple in his family... you aren't the only shit disturber on HBC HAHAHAHAHAHA! True stuff!

GoatGuy
04-07-2012, 02:52 PM
FD... \i have news for you... last year Aggie\\\\\\\\\\\hunter hunted with a crossbow... one of a couple in his family... you aren't the only shit disturber on HBC HAHAHAHAHAHA! True stuff!

The do as I say, not as I do, approach.

Can't say it comes as a surprise!

Gumsehwah
04-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Here ya go, Fisher-Dude:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5nVSfv0Rlg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my iPhone

The Hermit
04-07-2012, 05:10 PM
The do as I say, not as I do, approach.

Can't say it comes as a surprise!

Now if OneSock ever were to buy a crossbow THAT would be something to write home about... ~~~

GoatGuy
04-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Sure would.

aggiehunter
04-08-2012, 09:19 PM
That Xbow is now refereranced as the "machine" in camp....If anyone out there wants to look back in the archives of HBC to see if Aggie had a problem wiht xbows fly at er'....they are extremly easy to use and are totally effective.....this I know...it just ain't the same (for me)as watching your cedar arrow fly through a whitie buck at 7 yards however....whoooo.....did I do that!!!!!

J_T
04-09-2012, 06:29 AM
The longbow ruled due to rate of fire and distance...Only need one shot at close range for hunting, and the crossbow was first encountered in ancient Asia. Maybe the crossbow is more traditional for hunting.
Actually the longbow ruled because it was an implement that was a part of the way of life. It effectively put food on the table as well as the effective battle weapon. Archers of the longbow carried the bow with them full time. A way of life. While the crossbow was designed for war and used only in war. Seldom for hunting.