PDA

View Full Version : WHATshan - Arrow Lakes

s0ylentgreen
04-03-2012, 06:51 PM
hi again guys.

lets talk about Whatshan lake / west side of the arrow lakes?
i know there is a popular outfitter there.

any suggestions for deer/elk over there?
valleys to the west?
south to edgewood?
north of whatshan lake/creek/river?

not asking for your honeyholes but any advice is appreciated!
thanks

one-shot-wonder
04-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Lots of high country in that neck of the woods to hunt......spend some time with the maps and you'll be on your way!

jonz
04-03-2012, 08:12 PM
There's wolves up Whatshan.

Jagermeister
04-03-2012, 08:18 PM
There's wolves up Whatshan.
Grizzlies and bigfoots too.

s0ylentgreen
04-03-2012, 08:19 PM
wolves - does that mean less game or just to watch out when hunting? or both..

coach
04-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Where you from, S0ylentgreen? Tell us about yourself. You'll find a strong intoduction and a good joke will go a long way toward getting better responses around here.

s0ylentgreen
04-03-2012, 09:23 PM
ok
i live in vernon -north side of okanagan lake - came from saskatchewan where i only hunted ducks/geese/grouse
totally hooked on deer and big game hunting. have a few friends who are hard core hunters (spend 10 days in the rain - camped out in the mountains by creston) but i have a family and need to do my hunting close to home - im hoping whatshan or arrow lakes could be a good place to start.

a joke you shall receive
some people choose a lifelong goal that totally occupies their thoughts, efforts and resources
this is a story of one man with such a goal - his everest....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWqCLwJf5fo

schilly101
04-03-2012, 09:46 PM
deer and elk thick as hair on a dogs back up fostal just gotta look for them

db
04-04-2012, 07:32 AM
I have hunted that area for a number of years , this year I was out there for the end of the whitetail season and I have never seen so much wolf sign . Just about every spot I found deer the wolves were not far away. This was around the snowshoe lake area , which I believe may be a wintering spot for some of the elk in that area. From all the wolf sign I came across I would say this will not be good for the deer and elk numbers in that area.

bosca
04-04-2012, 03:52 PM
soylentgreen...My daughter and I both thank you for the video. I think thats is the best chuckle I have had for weeks.:-D

As for the hunting...the closest I have come to that area is Keefer lake a few times and that is beautiful country with plenty of bigb White tail to be had. No info on the Whatshan area though.

plumbcrazy
04-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Hunted Whatshan and Barnes for 20 years.....untill the wolves ate all the deer! She ain't what she used to be.......