PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Express Predator II 6075

Barracuda
04-02-2012, 10:38 PM
i need some arrows and was looking at the Carbon Express Predator II 6075.

anyone use these? they seem reasonable in price.

sjo
04-03-2012, 03:38 AM
I recently bought a new #60 bow package and the carbon express predator II 4560. The numbers represent the min and max weight of the bow. Not bad to start with but maybe a little to thinwalled. Acouple have cracked at the rear so the nock wont stick. I will be buying new arrows soon within a month of origanal purchase, not sure what I'll buy though.

Bow Walker
04-03-2012, 09:33 AM
sjo - throw those cracked arrows away - or make pencil holders out of them, they'll fail on you at the worst possible time and you could easily end up with one ompaled into and/or through your hand.

I have had no problems at all with Gold Tip arrows and shafts. Been using them for over 15 years now. Tough as nails.

Ike
04-03-2012, 10:27 AM
It depends on what you are looking for in an arrow.......budget or luxury. For cheap or budget arrows (about $52-60 a dozen) I find they work well; fly well and are strong. I bought some for 100+ yard practice and 3D, at 1/2 or 1/3 the cost of my 'good' arrows I don't grumble as much when I break them [which is only robin hoods of course, never missing target or hitting trees ;) ]
I'll try them for black bear this spring, keeping my VAPs for moose and elk.

Cheers

EDITED TO ADD: At 80m I had one go into the earth beside the target tonight and cracked the nock end about an inch long, hopefully this was an isolated incident and they are not fragile there. Rest of the arrow was fine.

Ike
05-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Experience Update: Not good news

Well I need to recant what I said about these arrows :(

Last night I had a brand new arrow split at the nock end on the first shot - it split when it hit the bag target! That makes 5 total that have split the same way, not from hitting rocks or anything hard either. My experience with them now is realy dissapointing, they are really fragile and I will not buy again.
I am going to contact CE to see what they have to say.
Cheers

Barracuda
05-04-2012, 11:27 AM
so far so good with mine , ive hit boards, ground, stumps and even the target a few times and the 6075 arrows seem to be holding up well so far . they come in at what works out to be 8.86 per inch for just the shaft or 14.9 fully dressed does this sound about right?

Ike
05-04-2012, 12:08 PM
so far so good with mine , ive hit boards, ground, stumps and even the target a few times and the 6075 arrows seem to be holding up well so far . they come in at what works out to be 8.86 per inch for just the shaft or 14.9 fully dressed does this sound about right?

I have had good luck with the lighter spined P IIs but not the 6075s.
I can't recall what my total arrow weight was (well above 5gpi though)

05-06-2012, 12:33 AM
These were the first arrows I bought when I got my new bow last year........I had the same problem as mentioned Ike and sjo, cracking at the nock after only a few shots. I would not recommend these arrows, too many other great arrows out there to settle for an unreliable product like these.

Barracuda
05-06-2012, 09:43 AM
what would make the arrow crack at that point? havnt seen that yet but now you have me inspecting them everytime i pull them out the target.

Bowzone_Mikey
05-06-2012, 04:46 PM
the predator 2 are not bad for walmart arrows ... but they are walmart arrows ... they are factory rejects ... very inconsistant and generally not within tolerances .... usually made from the ends of the stock reserved for higher quality arrows

Ike
05-06-2012, 10:08 PM
the predator 2 are not bad for walmart arrows ... but they are walmart arrows ... they are factory rejects ... very inconsistant and generally not within tolerances .... usually made from the ends of the stock reserved for higher quality arrows

Sometimes things just aren't a bargain no matter how cheap they are.
I did buy as low-end practice arrows but I expected a little more...live and learn I guess. I'll stick with my Victory arrows from now on.

Cheers

Bow Walker
05-07-2012, 09:03 AM
Another thought - "low-end" practice arrows likely will not fly as true as your Victorys do. Not the same quality of construction, and/or quality control. I think these "WalMart" arrows (if they are rejects, seconds, and cut ends from 1st run shafts - and there is no reason to doubt it) should never be put up for sale in the first place. It's just asking for trouble and injury to the shooter - kinda irresponsible on the manufacturers part in my opinion.

How can you build a proper arrow from crap shafts? How can you tune your bow with crap shafts? How can you practice effectively with arrows that don't even fly properly? Then you're going to go back to your "good" arrows to hunt with?

Practice and hunt with the good ones. You'll be a better archer for it.

My comments are definitely NOT aimed at anyone in particular - they're just general thoughts and opinion.

Barracuda
05-07-2012, 09:56 AM
well the runnout is well within specs according to my dial indicator and weight is within limits +- 1 g . there is no reason to believe they are rejects or ends of lines especially in todays litigeous society in the US .

They do have the 800 number to call if you have any problems or concerns and if you have any broken arrows perhaps give that a try 1-800-241-4833

000buck
05-14-2012, 07:20 AM
I used them when i first started breaking arrows... got a whole dozen of them. Yep they break pretty easy. Apparently if you treat them like they are indestructible and bounce them off granite and stick them into trees you can break them. who da thunk it..The only thing really wrong with them is they don"t seem to extend ones man hood because they are inexpensive.

BiG Boar
05-14-2012, 07:35 AM
I bought 15 gold tips when I started, the .02 straightness, not the hunters. They fly good and I have not had any break. I have lost 3 so I am down to a dozen. I'd rather build confidence in my shooting, and have a good arrow that I would feel confident hunting with. True, I'm out $30 in lost arrows, but they fly great, are weight matched, and I know they will work when the time comes. $30, 5 3-D shoots, that's like $6 per shoot its costing in lost arrows. Including hours of practice time. It's like the guy who buys core-lokt factory ammo and expects to win matches and cries when his elk runs away on a bad quartering toward shot. Buy low end, expect low end results.

Barracuda
05-14-2012, 08:08 AM
So far they are doing better then my eastons . At this point there is no more reason to distrust these arrows then if i had purchased any other type as im sure i will be able to lose these ones or break them as well as any other.

As for these arrows its pretty easy to check straightness and weight so the only other question is durability ?so far ive hit dirt ,stumps and lumber which i thought for sure would bugger them but not yet.

unfortunatly tons of high price low quality items out there that people purchase because they have been sucked into the "you get what you pay for " pitch

Bow Walker
05-14-2012, 08:28 AM
Experience Update: Not good news....Last night I had a brand new arrow split at the nock end on the first shot - it split when it hit the bag target! That makes 5 total that have split the same way, not from hitting rocks or anything hard either......

The only time I've deviated from Gold Tip was when my supplyer was out and I had to buy PSE Carbon Express arrows because I needed some right away. The PSE arrows did the same thing as yours - they developed splits at the nock end - very easily.

I solved the problem by using nock bushings and pin nocks from Gold Tip. Now - 8 years later - I still have one of the original PSE arrows left and it keeps on going like the energizer bunny. That arrow has been through hell-n-bac yet still keeps on going.

Try the bushings and the pin nocks. They don't add a whole lot of weight at the back end (14 gr total) and they strengthen the end of the shaft like there's no tomorrow.

Ike
05-14-2012, 09:22 AM
I bought 15 gold tips when I started, the .02 straightness, not the hunters. They fly good and I have not had any break. I have lost 3 so I am down to a dozen. I'd rather build confidence in my shooting, and have a good arrow that I would feel confident hunting with. True, I'm out $30 in lost arrows, but they fly great, are weight matched, and I know they will work when the time comes. $30, 5 3-D shoots, that's like $6 per shoot its costing in lost arrows. Including hours of practice time. It's like the guy who buys core-lokt factory ammo and expects to win matches and cries when his elk runs away on a bad quartering toward shot. Buy low end, expect low end results.(emphasis added)

It's not like I have unreasonable expectations from these arrows....Expecting a new arrow to NOT break when it hits an archery target is not asking too much. The fact they are breaking after one or a few shots is the problem (had another one split this weekend at a shoot).

They fly accurately enough for a 5 arrow 3 1/2" group at 80 yards and for 3D shoots, but were not intended to replace my VAPs for hunting.

Cheers