PDA

View Full Version : Took the family and dogs out turkey scouting and......

grizzlydueck
04-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Once again i have to say that i love road closures all 3 stand/blind spots had toms answering my mouth calls ! Ya baby !
I call with my voice and the look on the girlfriends and the kids faces were priceless ! The boys thought i was playing my cell ringtone of a tom gobbleing-they thought i was screwing with them ! So i showed them my cell and did a hen cluck and a tom gobbled back ! Too funny will be hanging treestands this week -hopefully it won't snow like last years opening day in our treestands in full snow cam april 15. Lol!

Rackmastr
04-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Thats sweet man!!

I'm planning on heading out in the next little while to look for some. Most likely will strap the 3 y/o along in a pack with me for some hikes. Would be cool to see some turkeys and have her along for some scouting.

I'll still be a 'non-resident' for this spring but will be buying my tag none-the-less. Cant wait till August comes and I get my residency status!

grizzlydueck
04-02-2012, 07:59 AM
NICE! KIDS LOVE GOING OUTDOORS -THAT WORKS OUT GREAT JUST BEFORE OPEN SEASON ! IS YOUR PH# er the same still ?

bcbrez
04-02-2012, 08:08 AM
Sounds like you've got them pegged.

Took my nine month old out scouting between rain storms. Had some birds going in a few spots. If the rain stops for more than 10 minutes I'll be out again hoping to put them to roost.

Have you thought about joining the turkey contest?

SHAKER
04-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Take'n my little guy with again this year.... Tough hunt with a 3 year old but it'll be fun anyways.