PDA

View Full Version : Canada in the rough this morning

dragonslayer
04-01-2012, 06:10 PM
It was the episode about hunting in Keremeos for muleys in the alpine, any one here know were these guys were hunting, they said it takes about an hour to get there and showed open slopes, only open slopes that I know of are in the Ashnola region up by cathederal lakes, or south by Chapaka Indian reserve towards the US border , or to the north by the Columns just out of town, they say it takes an hour to get there, which to me means that a person can do the whole loop around Keremeos to Ossoyos, Oliver to Penticton and back to Keremeos. Anyone recognise any of the scenery, I'm stumped. Btw I do not know that there are big horn sheep in Keremeos, lots of goats up around the mtns but very steep and usually very hard to get to. enyone can shed some insight would be appreciated.

Bisonfirst
04-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Is there anywhere to watch the episode now?

Brambles
04-01-2012, 07:16 PM
It was the episode about hunting in Keremeos for muleys in the alpine, any one here know were these guys were hunting, they said it takes about an hour to get there and showed open slopes, only open slopes that I know of are in the Ashnola region up by cathederal lakes, or south by Chapaka Indian reserve towards the US border , or to the north by the Columns just out of town, they say it takes an hour to get there, which to me means that a person can do the whole loop around Keremeos to Ossoyos, Oliver to Penticton and back to Keremeos. Anyone recognise any of the scenery, I'm stumped. Btw I do not know that there are big horn sheep in Keremeos, lots of goats up around the mtns but very steep and usually very hard to get to. enyone can shed some insight would be appreciated.

This must really be bothering you....sounds like you've worked yourself up into a Lather already......Looks like Princeton country to me, lots of Sheep over there I hear. Pretty sure your not gonna get a crack at that 4 points gutpile, the coyote's have already got it I'm sure.

358mag
04-01-2012, 07:52 PM
OMG that didn't take long , fire up the popcorn machine and crack a cold beer ,here we go again another HBC were to go + gutpile Big game hunt http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/images/smilies/HS.gif

islander7mm
04-01-2012, 08:05 PM
That was a good show. I wish they showed some better footage of the mulie they got. Are the resident hunters members on this site?

Apolonius
04-01-2012, 08:10 PM
I think i wouldn't want to go to a place where four guys ,two of them local "champs" and it took them 5 days to get an average mule.And personally i think it doesn't matter where.Yes there are california bighorns there.

.300WSMImpact!
04-01-2012, 08:22 PM
I think i wouldn't want to go to a place where four guys ,two of them local "champs" and it took them 5 days to get an average mule.And personally i think it doesn't matter where.Yes there are california bighorns there.

thats what I say when people are asking about my spot

OutWest
04-01-2012, 08:26 PM
OMG that didn't take long , fire up the popcorn machine and crack a cold beer ,here we go again another HBC were to go + gutpile Big game hunt http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/images/smilies/HS.gif

Were you expecting anything less? Sit back and enjoy!

358mag
04-01-2012, 08:28 PM
Were you expecting anything less? Sit back and enjoy!
Nothing more and nothing less always just another day on HBC

OutWest
04-01-2012, 08:40 PM

Too true..

bruin
04-01-2012, 09:02 PM
I didn't see the episode but highly likely it was Crater Mtn. How did they access the hunting area? Quads, horses, trucks?

hunter1993ap
04-01-2012, 09:04 PM

sad but true. dont you know its way easier to ask online than to do some scouting for yourself :( an area is not good for long if you broadcast online!!!

cougar1954
04-01-2012, 09:11 PM
looked like quads

bassplayer
04-01-2012, 09:21 PM
They used a couple of quads and a Yamaha Rhino from here at Penticton Yamaha and Marine.

kennyj
04-02-2012, 05:23 AM
I'm guessing Crater Mtn.
kenny

dragonslayer
04-02-2012, 08:37 AM
The reason I am asking is not for hunting info, its because I used to live there and hunt there but I do not recognise any of the scenery. I can get all the animals I am after out my back door.

dragonslayer
04-02-2012, 08:38 AM
I didn't see the episode but highly likely it was Crater Mtn. How did they access the hunting area? Quads, horses, trucks?

By quads and a rhino.

Stone Sheep Steve
04-02-2012, 09:42 AM
The reason I am asking is not for hunting info, its because I used to live there and hunt there but I do not recognise any of the scenery. I can get all the animals I am after out my back door.

You used to live there but don't recognize the country?:confused:

It's one of the most easily recognizable places in Reg 8.

I'm glad they didn't shoot a 200" buck:-D.

SSS

4 point
04-02-2012, 09:52 AM
I watched it and had to laugh. Lots of old roads and cut blocks seen in different shots. Made out like they were hunting up Everest. And the shooters comment about being in the "Rockies" made me chuckle. Although they did correct that mistake at the end.

04-02-2012, 10:01 AM
I put the exact same stalk on a huge 3pt where they spotted and stalked the buck they got. 4pt over season. But the three was so big i neede to go look!
I have shot a tone of deer up there. That show was like old times. My dad was up there when they wee filming the show. Dad is a little relaxed about hunting now and they kept getting beat up the hill.

I want to go back there just to see it again, That mountain has many memories on her.