PDA

View Full Version : elk hunting wycliffe area

afflicted 1
03-31-2012, 09:59 AM
looking at hunting around wycliffe area this fall how is the access around there and animal numbers. will be bow hunting the early season so im not sure if the elk are in there that early

Ddog
03-31-2012, 11:03 AM
mostly private land, owned by the mines and some others, i know the area well and it holds some nice elk, the only problem is you can't hunt them because of the private land,
the other areas that are private, not owned but the mines, are all pretty much no hunting because the owners themselves hunt it or have friends that do,
not worth the time to look there if your not local.
JMO...D

oldkoot
03-31-2012, 11:05 AM
Fairly good numbers of elk early season. They are quite easy to access using peoples driveways. ....Very populated rural area.

daywalker
03-31-2012, 12:39 PM
There are some areas you can access just across from the shotgun range there is some land owned by nature trust or something along those lines that you can hunt in. Lots elk one of the better spots to go too.

grizzlydueck
03-31-2012, 01:21 PM
yes the TLC has that and there's no hunting with out permission ! The head person is a woman who's an anti hunter .....good luck with that ! And its all road closures! It was a pretty cool spot =i live across the road -but they pulled the train tracks and made it a bike- running -rollerbladeing -famlily outing spot with moms getting out pushing strollers with thier dogs and screaming kids ! I walked my dog in there for 8 years and would barley see a soul =now there's hundreds of dog walkers and lots of horse back riders in there =just to close to town! There are way better spots not to far away !

Bigbullsh$tter
03-31-2012, 04:41 PM
Head over to the Cominco fields......biggest herd you'll ever see!!

bugler
03-31-2012, 05:30 PM
Head over to the Cominco fields......biggest herd you'll ever see!!

Then try to figure out how to legally hunt them!! Ha ha.

Bigbullsh$tter
03-31-2012, 06:09 PM
Yeah.....it's hard when the security guards are making hourly rounds.....hahaha

hunter1947
04-01-2012, 02:16 AM
This area has lots of hunting pressure in it if me I would look else where.