PDA

View Full Version : QAD Exidous Broadheads

xtremearchery
03-30-2012, 10:48 AM
Hey guys just to let you know, I've tried the new 11/4" 100 grain Exidous broadhead from QAD and they are awesome! What a cut.... They fly true and are very tough. Going to try them out on a bear in a few weeks, hopefully.:-D

Bow Walker
03-30-2012, 02:41 PM
Great. Glad you like them, and good luck on the blackies this season..........................don't forget your camera.

Bow Walker
03-30-2012, 03:00 PM
http://www.qadinc.com/2011-Exodus.html

Went over to the site to see for myself and was impressed with the videos. I'm also very impressed with the design of both the "Swept Back Blade" model and the "Full Blade" model. I've been using Q.A.D. nocks on my target arrows for a few years now and I do like them. Q.A.D. seems to be living up to it's name.

donny.brooke
03-30-2012, 05:53 PM
i use them also and love them, best i have seen to date, shot one of mine thru my berlap sack target then it went thru a 2x4 and survived, i still use it for my practice head

Bow Walker
03-30-2012, 07:28 PM
When I need new b-heads I'm going to be looking long and hard at these babies.

xtremearchery
04-02-2012, 02:17 PM

Went over to the site to see for myself and was impressed with the videos. I'm also very impressed with the design of both the "Swept Back Blade" model and the "Full Blade" model. I've been using Q.A.D. nocks on my target arrows for a few years now and I do like them. Q.A.D. seems to be living up to it's name.

Yeah they are awesome! I have the swept Back ones. A t first sight I thought they were going to be hard to remove from my target, but there was no problem at all. QAD is becoming a true leader in our sport. I've been using their rest now for a couple years. No complaints....

Bow Walker
04-02-2012, 05:02 PM
I have no problems whatsoever with Q.A.D. rests - or any of their equipment for that matter.

xtremearchery
04-11-2012, 09:02 AM
Well after shooting my new heads from QAD on Sunday, if i wasnt a believer then I am now. All my broadhead were hitting a coffee cup lid right out to 70 yards. All i can say is wow! And the added plus is I dont have to practice each day with the broadheads, as they fly exactly as my field points. Give em a try I know u'll like em. Wayne at Big Game Archery has stock on them.

bochunk2000
04-11-2012, 11:20 PM
I have used their rest for a few years now and love it. For Broad heads I have never seen a reason for me to switch from my tried and true Muzzy 125's. They seem to fly well and kill everything I put them into... quickly. But I like what I see on these ones. I may have to see how my set up likes them...

Bow Walker
04-12-2012, 09:58 AM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/qbe100b.jpg http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/qurhdxcr.jpg

Deadly combination for any hunting bow..........

knockturnal
04-12-2012, 08:14 PM
hmmm... interesting design. Where would a guy purchase these?

Bow Walker
04-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Knock - see post #8....

StoneChaser
04-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Just shot some tonight....fly with the field points, are 100% stainless steel, 1 1/4" cut, and are definately compact and rugged!

I like the looks of 'em better than the slick tricks I've got.

Bow Walker
04-15-2012, 09:19 AM
They look just as good as Slick Tricks - I don't know about being better, but they look to be just as tough with their .040" blades and shirt, compact design.

I'll take your word for it though - you've got both and I have yet to even handle the Exodus b'head.

StoneChaser
04-15-2012, 01:06 PM
They look just as good as Slick Tricks - I don't know about being better, but they look to be just as tough with their .040" blades and shirt, compact design.

I'll take your word for it though - you've got both and I have yet to even handle the Exodus b'head.

I prefer the COC tip vs the nail style tip of the Slick Trick, and the fact that they`re 100% stainless....I also like the fact that they are so short with the `blade over shaft style.

Last night I shot one into a big over stuffed bag target of mine that stops Tricks with ease at any distance...arrow squirted out like I was shooting butter and went dancing across the lawn behind the target (still 100% intact and sharp).

Nothing against Slick Tricks (as time proven and deadly as they come), but these blend my favorite style (Fixed 3 blade COC) with the ever popular replaceable blade short heads (ST`s) in a rugged stainless package.

Time will tell how everybody else likes them I guess (if they`re on the market 3 years from now).

Ambush
04-15-2012, 07:03 PM
Looks like a tough head, but I'm not really sure how you could claim it to be a COC head.

The point-close-to-shaft design will definitely create less tendency for the broadhead to bend in a deflecting/glancing situation. Sound enginering principle there.
Might be a good choice for the Easton Axis series arrows.

Bow Walker
04-15-2012, 07:28 PM
No, it's not a cut-on-contact head but it is more so than the Slick Tricks just by the fact that the blades are in line with the trocar tip.

I do appreciate a trocar (or nail-head design - as they call it) type tip for its ability to bust through bone and let the blades do their work.

StoneChaser
04-15-2012, 09:05 PM
By no means looking for an argument, but I`m not sure why you wouldn`t call it a COC?

The tip (leading edges) are sharp (cuts my nail) and are extensions of the blades in the same plane (if the blades were not replacable it would be a cut on contact head identical to any 3 blade head ie. montec etc...).

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPage?mode=article&objectID=31188&storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1

Slick trick is a classic punch type tip, not in line with the blades and far ahead of the cutting surface.

Even QAD outlines COC in their features:

Bow Walker
04-15-2012, 09:06 PM
I guess the definition is in a state of change. Cut-On-Contact used to be meant for broadheads with blades that cut first - before anything else. That includes the bone-punching tips, whether they are called trocar or nail-head.

Today's tips are extremely sharp and do cut on contact rather than just bust in with brute force.

mntbowhunter
04-16-2012, 09:49 AM
The broadheads look great I will take a better look at them. However I had that quad ultra rest and I thought it was terrible. I could not get it to fall fast enough and constantly kept getting fletch contact.

Bow Walker
04-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Odd - what kind of fletching are you using?

....might as well hi-jack the thread....

Ambush
04-16-2012, 05:26 PM
Odd - what kind of fletching are you using?

He uses Blazers. I clearly remember "QAD" becoming a new cuss word for him.
As in "..that piece of QAD ain't worth nothing!" :mrgreen:

Bow Walker
04-16-2012, 05:46 PM
Perhaps a lower profile, longer fletch - because it looks like he's shooting a "speed bow".

Ambush
04-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Perhaps a lower profile, longer fletch - because it looks like he's shooting a "speed bow".

Rip Cord Code Red solved the problem. Been great since. The bow is a Mathews EZ Magnum.

mntbowhunter
04-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Yup Ambush threw on code red rip cord and I have never looked back. I really like blazer vanes so I would rather have blazers and shoot a good rest than one that doesnt work with vanes I dont like. When I had the quad ultra rest I was shooting a Mathews drenalin. As Ambush said I now shoot a Mathews Z7 Magnum which is a way faster bow and I have no fletch clearence problems what so ever.

Bow Walker
04-16-2012, 07:27 PM
Glad the problem got solved. Good to go now?