PDA

View Full Version : Chesapeake Bay Retriever Puppies

Duidery
03-28-2012, 08:10 PM
Does anyone know of someone with Chesapeake Bay Retriever puppies?

ncurrie
03-28-2012, 08:28 PM
http://www.trinitykennels.ca/

hope this helps

Duidery
03-28-2012, 10:04 PM
Thanks. I have contacted him about their latest litter but still not sure how big the litter is.

ncurrie
03-29-2012, 07:22 AM
Hope it works out! Keep us posted:)

Foxton Gundogs
03-29-2012, 07:23 AM
Try working retriever.com/classifieds

RoadKing
03-29-2012, 07:55 AM
Check Tsunami Kennels in Smithers - that's where we got our load of stubbornness...

scoutlt1
03-29-2012, 09:46 AM
Check Tsunami Kennels in Smithers - that's where we got our load of stubbornness...

"load of stubborness" love that line!.. :-)

wouldn't trade him for the world though!

Duidery, curious what made you choose a Chessie?

Foxton Gundogs
03-29-2012, 09:51 AM
I've been thinking Chessie for a while my self DAMN man you got me thinking again grrrr hate it when that happens

Duidery
03-29-2012, 06:45 PM
I dont think the breeder in Smithers is having a litter until fall.

I want a Chessie because I like that they are a rugged, smart breed that will be well suited to my northern outdoor lifestyle. I was very impressed with the very first one I saw. Ever since I have researched them a lot and decided on a Chessie over an ordinary lab. I know that they may be some stubbornness but its a challenge I look forward to.

scoutlt1
03-29-2012, 07:18 PM

I want a Chessie because I like that they are a rugged, smart breed that will be well suited to my northern outdoor lifestyle. I was very impressed with the very first one I saw. Ever since I have researched them a lot and decided on a Chessie over an ordinary lab. I know that they may be some stubbornness but its a challenge I look forward to.

Same reasons I got one too. Mine is a cross with a black lab. He's almost 3, and yes while there is "stubborness" for sure and his energy level is through the roof, he's an awesome dog.
Totally fearless, works like crazy, travels incredibly well, protective, smart as hell, wonderful with the kids, scared to death of the cat....all in all I'd have to say the best dog I've ever had.
Perfect if you're into the outdoors for sure!

one-shot-wonder
03-29-2012, 07:21 PM

If that is what your life style is like and what you are looking for in a dog, you wont be dissappointed with a Chessie!
As for stubborness, I think alot has to do with the lineage. Our Chessie isn't very Stubborn, heck the Golden retriever is more stubborn!

Despite you living up north I would look into Trinity Kennels, I highly recommend both the breeder and their line of dogs.

ThinAir
03-29-2012, 07:44 PM
They are an amazing dog. They are tough as nails with a big heart.
I got my chessie years ago from the breeder in Smithers. The day I went to pick him up he had a mishap with a can of white paint the breeder had open while trying to paint her house.

I should of known right then and there that I was in for some of the best years (13) of my life. There were days a wished he was never born, but only a few:)

That was one of the hardest days of my life having to pick him up off his matt, and take him to see the vet, knowing he wasn't coming home.

Get a chessie.... You won't regret it.

storm
03-30-2012, 10:22 AM
Try Nordom Kennels in Washington Got mine there and she a great dog

Duidery
03-30-2012, 11:25 AM
Thanks storm. Greatly appreciated.