PDA

View Full Version : Summerland

WoodOx
10-25-2006, 11:56 AM
Hey guys,
I wanted to poke around down towards summerland. Not asking for ''your spots'' but can anyone point me in the right direction? Lookin for mule deer, and would prefer areas with deactivated roads etc to cut out the road hunting!

PM me with details, thanks!

cowboy-up69
10-25-2006, 12:08 PM
The Princeton-Summerland back roads hold a few muleys. Havent seen any big bucks but have seen lotsa muleys, and the odd whitey.

7mmag
10-26-2006, 12:14 AM
If you go for a hick anyware around the glen lake road you'll see small bucks this time of year. ( they don't tend to come out on the road ) If your looking for the bigger ones go up higher and hunt the mature timer above the cuts. I cut my frist BC tag druing a hike off the glen lake road:)

NightOwl74
10-26-2006, 01:54 AM
Man that pisses me off when guys name my hunting spots on this site! Don't you guys know that this reaches tons of people! Thanks alot, another one gone. I'll save ya some time anyway........the glen lake road last week, mid-week to boot, had four pick-ups parked each with a quad trailor. Happy hunting!

7mmag
10-26-2006, 02:17 AM
The road dosen't belong to you. The hole area has been busey for years it's no secrit. If I want to help out a fellow hunter I will. This is a problem with the entier hunting comunity, and one of the resons that it's not growing. We should be encuraging teaching echother not complaning when we see other hunters in "our spot". For anyone whos reading this thread the glen lake road is not worth fighting over.

zedex
10-26-2006, 06:40 AM
You might head up the bald range which is the old princeton road through Falder in S,land .

10-26-2006, 07:31 AM
Man that pisses me off when guys name my hunting spots on this site! Don't you guys know that this reaches tons of people! Thanks alot, another one gone.

:):) That's rich!! Hopefully in jest. I don't think there are many place others haven't hunted before us. The "hot spots" l frequent have had reference made to them at least 4-5 times on this form.
Sharing hunting info is one of the more informative features of this form.....l have met and hunted with a few board members and thoroughly enjoyed the outing. Its not like BC is so small we only have limited hunting opportunities...:) IMHO

358mag
10-26-2006, 06:18 PM
try the Darke <Fish >Lake area around the boy scout camp hunt the east side of the road rough country hear a few of the local have some apple pulp bait piles back there if you can find one of them just sit back and wait Good luck hope for so snow that gets them big mulies moving into that neck of the woods