PDA

View Full Version : bulwinkle down

jessbennett
10-24-2006, 09:38 PM
this past weekend, went to P.G. for the last weekend of calf season with the hopes of filling a tag. sturday morning headed to the parsnip with my buddies jetboat. seen two sets of cows and calves but things just didnt work out. also seen three huge bulls. sunday..... headed out at first light and off we go again, on the river for 15 mins or so and come around a corner and see two moose on a sandbar down river. at first we thought it was a cow and calf. beach the boat, out we get and my buddy starts glassing the moose. he said it was actually a bull and a cow, but the bull is too big to shoot. then out of nowhere the bull turns his head and my friend says"holy $h!t it has just a spike sticking out of one side and a spike on the other!!!!! shoot!!!!! so.... line up the new 338 and well the rest is welll meat in the freezer so they say. god i love the 338.:twisted: using 225 grain noslers and for the record it did NOT get away..hehehe. the bull ended up being a 5 point on one side and a spike on the other. the biggest spike ive ever seen. 490 lbs on the hook. not bad for a spike hey??? pics soon to follow

lip_ripper00
10-24-2006, 09:54 PM
nice going can't wait to see the pics!! where on the Parsnip did you connect?8-)

jessbennett
10-24-2006, 10:00 PM
in the heart and lungs..:lol: :lol: :lol: .

bighornbob
10-25-2006, 08:28 AM
Wow the moose was named Parsnip:lol: :lol:

BHB

NEEHAMA
10-25-2006, 10:01 AM
wow great story send pic's soon!

willyqbc
10-25-2006, 11:10 AM
right on Jess, good to see the freezer will be filling nicely! Hows the new bow treating ya?

Chris

Bow Walker
10-25-2006, 04:34 PM
Yeah, Jess..........I was hoping to read that you got him with an arrowhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_6_201.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYJOCA)

Good on ya for filling the freezer. Lots of work for just pulling the trigger, isn't it?

jessbennett
10-25-2006, 10:06 PM
well i really would have liked to get one with a bow, but to make a trip like this, with cost of fuel and all, cant really be to piky choosy with moose. november is coming and it'll be go time with the bow for the big boy mulies... and chris the new bow is one hek of a piece of machinery. will have to take a drive your way one weekend and come do some shooting.whens mail match start? also do you still have those cxl shafts of sams you want to get rid of?let me know.