PDA

View Full Version : Princeton Hunt

TravisC
10-24-2006, 08:30 PM
Hey guys i know there are alot of threads been posted about the princeton area but im in need of some info so i can pretend that im guiding my wife to the big buck:lol: . im gonna be hunting there nov 3,4,5 well i wont be hunting but im hoping my wife can get her first buck so ill be watching.8-) so any info to where i might find that buck for her would be a great help. my 10 year old nefew will taging along for the ride too. i have a backroads map for the area but not really knowledgable of the area its self. ive only hunted out the copper mountian area before.

jettabambino
10-24-2006, 08:54 PM
I just came back from the whipsaw area... I had a doe tag and managed to get my doe.... As for bucks.I woudlnt waste your time up there. I talked to the conservation officer up there and he said that he hasnt seen a buck dead or alive in 2 weeks......

Good luck but i would go to another area...

DropTines
10-24-2006, 09:12 PM
try Friday, Saturday , and Sunday creek, seen some big bucks dead and alive from there
________
FORD RACING (VIDEO GAME) HISTORY (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Racing_(video_game))

Deerwhacker
10-24-2006, 09:27 PM
we got a couple bucks in a couple trips this year and i gotta say there ARE plenty of bucks still in there. right away all the biger guys are scared a bit into the bush and most of the hunters i seen up there where road hunting where all you see is 2-3point max. If youve got the patience to do so try stillhunting where there is little human desterbance(wich shouldent be that hard due to any buck season done) and also where you may see does on the road.I was hunting the garrison lakes /friday mountain area. the 4point i poped was with two other identical bucks so theres still probobly something left to shoot.

30-06
10-25-2006, 11:50 AM
champion creek in tulameen

TravisC
10-25-2006, 08:55 PM
It sounds like with a little help and luck she might bag a buck thanks guys

cdub
10-25-2006, 09:49 PM
Try Allenby rd. also up near copper mtn. mine and rabit mountain in tullameen. All areas we had seen good bucks taken but a few years ago.

Nosferatu
10-26-2006, 10:43 AM
I've hunted the Pike Mtn area a few times and that can be good, head North on highway 5A out of Princeton, its about 44 km out of town and turn left, I've found the 13k road area to be good.

MichelD
10-26-2006, 11:30 AM
The one time I went to Pike Mtn. there were so many guys camped at one site that it looked like a commercial campground.

That said, anywhere I went on my bicycle and then hiked in the trees I was alone.

I went to Rabbitt Mtn. so many times in the 90s I got sick of it and never saw a buck. Tons of does though. But, that was me and my timing may have been way off. Getting around now the bucks might be moving in.

DropTines
10-26-2006, 04:01 PM
Champion Creek isn't the easiest place to find if you don't know the area well, I would also say Wilbur Hills, Willis Creek, and Commander

30-06
10-26-2006, 07:16 PM
speakin of champion goin up there tomorrow

4pointer
10-26-2006, 07:53 PM
I just got back from champion. Bring ur chains cuz you'll need them, 2 feet of it on Dear Mt. and Lodestone

WoodOx
10-26-2006, 08:05 PM
Any luck/sighting up there?

4pointer
10-26-2006, 08:21 PM
hunting is good up there but I was up only for the day, the most part digging myself out of the snow. Lots of doe running around. No bucks to be seen but I did not spend enough time hunting. I saw many spikes and twos earlier in the "bucks" season that I passed up. Go up from Coalmont up the "sheep trail" on Lodestone and you shouldn't have to worry about snow. Come in from the Grasshopper and you might slip here and there but it is plowed. Lots of logging traffic, thickened up the snow along Tulameen FSR. If you gun it pass the logging camps and head for Tulameen Mt, tonnes of deer there. Saw a nice 4 x 4, probably 30 inches wide and tall but too fast for me. No shot there. Loggers will give u looks but just look straight and keep on driving. Fresh snow so all tracks seen are fresh!

3kills
10-26-2006, 09:37 PM
pike is a good spot my uncle pulled a buck out of there a week or so ago he was with two other bucks and a doe....as for the comment about the loggers givin ya looks up the tulameen....well most of them are hunters them self i know alot of the guys loggin up that area right now they are probably givin ya looks cuz they rather be hunint then drivin truck....and they are loggin up there now 6 days a week so if u are going up there on a saturday they will most likely be runnin.....

WoodOx
10-26-2006, 09:43 PM
Mulies or whitetail up there?
DOnt have my regs infront of me, is Princeton region 3 or 8?

TravisC
10-26-2006, 09:46 PM
region 8 . ...how low is the snow there right now ?

3kills
10-26-2006, 10:32 PM
i will find out tomorrow bout snow....princeton region 8 and there is mulies and whities....

3kills
10-27-2006, 04:33 PM
not much snow left up on tulameen its been rainin up there for 4 days....

TravisC
11-01-2006, 09:19 PM
well im off to princeton tomorrow so hopefully the wifey bags a good one. well thanks for the advice. i'll post some pics if we get luckey(a deer that is). Were staying at the cedars and if you come across me i have a red sport trac. stop up and say hi.

30-06
11-01-2006, 09:49 PM
come out to tulameen.go up lawless creek,there is a big series of cut blocks on ur right hand side if u follow the road straight up not turning off on rabbit.the cutblocks are called cooks landing.we seen 3 nice 4 pointers in there .there might be 2 left for ya if i get lucky tomorrow...rabbit is also a good mountian..if u go right to the end then hike the skidder trail right into the last landing of cooks landings

TravisC
11-06-2006, 11:11 PM
Well Just got back from our hunt i ended up taking a little 4x3. and well another year my wife will have to wait to take her first. Though she did get a crack at what i'd call a monster. he popped up about 20 yards away i was in shock. when my wife finally got set to shoot a doe blocked the entire shot. she had to take a head shot as it was entering the timber at 80 yards . clear miss :frown:. after we came across a couple does where we were hoping to find the buck again my wife suddenly speaks about the monster she missed......I SH*T My Pants :lol: He Was HUGE. I laughed for the rest of the trip at her i have never seen my wife so determined to redeem herself of the BUCK FEVER. Shes never had the fever before and she now hooked big time. Thanks for the tips on were to go although were we got my buck and were we missed the monster was on the friday creek rd. thought that was the friday rd but it was only a small little spot. and it payed off. well if anyones still looking for a really decent buck ...he was with 4 does and in the friday cr. area.

NightOwl74
11-07-2006, 02:19 AM
Friday Cr where? hmmmmmm?

Doe See Doe
11-07-2006, 09:09 AM
I guess you'll have to change your "Interests" in your profile now ;)

Islandeer
11-07-2006, 09:46 AM
It is cool to see info being shared,it is good Karma.:smile: