PDA

View Full Version : Which lake to fish in lower mainland

upcomer
03-23-2012, 01:55 AM
So you have a boat, beginner fish equipment, ample beverages and are able to do a day trip to any lake in the LML in search of some good eating fish. Which lake do you head to and why?

421fighter
03-23-2012, 06:56 AM
Well, just off Harrison is Deer Lake and Hicks lake, but I didn't like the taste of the fish from them. Deer is a nice lake to fish, though. Might give Kakawa Lake near Hope, there is quite an assortment of fish in there, I am told.

sarg
03-23-2012, 06:58 AM
weaver lake is not bad,

coach
03-23-2012, 07:43 AM
I've had a few good days at Mike Lake - golden ears park. Small lake - easy access. Good for a canoe, row boat or belly boat. Lots of smaller fish 10-12" with the odd bigger one. Depending on the size of your boat, Alloutte or Stave lakes can be good too.

BigfishCanada
03-23-2012, 07:45 AM
It depends what time of year and what kind of boat you have. Lots of great places in the month of may, Stave Lake (huge lakers) Pitt Lake (river) or if you just want to huck fin it, the above lakes are goood

Bistchen
03-23-2012, 11:49 AM
I recommend Kakawa in Hope. Nice sized Kokanees in there. As well as a few other species.

You could try Allouette, but I have never fished there, and im guessing it might be a little early for that lake.

Fella
03-25-2012, 09:35 PM
If you don't mind a hike, Lindeman is not too bad. Fish are smaller though. Believe it or not, Cultus Lake is apparently pretty good for Kokanee and Dolly (although I'd think twice about eating anything you haul out of that lake)